Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you happen to be there on a Wednesday night there is a street festival in Hamilton called Harbour nights that is lots of fun too.   You may want to check out this website to get an idea of what Bermuda offers to visitors.      My family has been going here for years as land and sea vacations.    We miss when the smaller ships docked right in Hamilton.  Enjoy😊

Being docked in Hamilton was the best. It is so centrally located to everything. And it was great to walk from the Wednesday night festival back to the ship when you were ready.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Bon Voyage to Andrew, Lisa and Owen and Steel City and all those cruising soon! Post a couple of pictures if you can!
Bonnie is it time to wish you bon voyage yet or happy clothes picking/packing?

I missed your post first time around!  As I posted previously we sail on Oct. 27.  A bon voyage is welcome anytime!

Bon Voyage to all sailing before me. 

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

We watched Twisters this afternoon.  Not a bad movie.  Kinda felt the same way as watching Axel F movie, and how it compared to Beverly Hills Cop. I will say, the tornadoes in the new movie sucked up more people than in the original movie. 

• Like 5

We also booked our precruise dinner for our Symphony sailing from Cape Liberty. We are headed to Brooklyn, specifically Peter Lugers to meet with cruise friends. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We also booked our precruise dinner for our Symphony sailing from Cape Liberty. We are headed to Brooklyn, specifically Peter Lugers to meet with cruise friends. 

I have never eaten at Peter Lugers but I have seen them featured in some tv shows. Their steaks look incredible. Can’t wait to hear about your dinner. When is your cruise?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Love Peter Lugers!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I will say, the tornadoes in the new movie sucked up more people than in the original movie. 

lol  (I know it shouldn't elicit that reaction, but somehow was just a bit humorous the way you stated it!)

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

We had no problem getting to Ft Lauderdale today. We are in our hotel and anxiously awaiting our 1st royal b2b

Bon Voyage!!!!🛳️       What ship will you be sailing on tomorrow?  Enjoy your b2b!

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh poor baby.    Did they diagnose her with pneuomonia?   Must have been scary.    Here's hoping she is on the road to recovery and soon will be back home 😊

They checked her for pneumonia.  She didn't have it.  She has been to the emergency room and urgent care many times over the last several months.   Last month she was diagnosed with RSV.  They are saying her lungs are still weak from it.  They let her go home a little after noon today. 

They want her to blow bubbles and on pinwheels to strengthen the lungs.  She will be seeing a Pulmonologest.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, George C said:

Ok we have one cat name Siam other is still up for discussion I am leaning towards Loki , Shelagh doesn’t seem to want human names like Josh and Allen . Any other ideas ??

Siam and maybe Mica, Jinx or Kylo. Loki is good, too. 

I was looking at a list of Siamese cat names. 😊

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

They checked her for pneumonia.  She didn't have it.  She has been to the emergency room and urgent care many times over the last several months.   Last month she was diagnosed with RSV.  They are saying her lungs are still weak from it.  They let her go home a little after noon today. 

They want her to blow bubbles and on pinwheels to strengthen the lungs.  She will be seeing a Pulmonologest.

I hope she starts feeling better soon.  Did they send her home with a nebulizer too?  It can be hard to keep on someone young but we had to use one many times when my son was young.  He also had a spirometer but I like the bubbles and pinwheels idea better.  We would distract my son with a tv show he liked or read lots of books until his treatment was done.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

We had no problem getting to Ft Lauderdale today. We are in our hotel and anxiously awaiting our 1st royal b2b

Rain event tomorrow expected but nothing worse on east coast. We actually had a rain band clear up here in PC pass thru. Storm Debby expected to maybe make landfall as late as 4 am Monday morning further west than previously expected maybe as a cat 1. By tomorrow florida will have answers. I saw a utube post from captain on wonder. They seem to have done western and have to pass thru debby tonight. Going to get rainy onboard that ship, button down the hatches. I'm glad I'm not sailing this weekend from florida. 

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I missed your post first time around!  As I posted previously we sail on Oct. 27.  A bon voyage is welcome anytime!

Bon Voyage to all sailing before me. 

OK Bon Voyage now and I will also wish you later.🥰😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have never eaten at Peter Lugers but I have seen them featured in some tv shows. Their steaks look incredible. Can’t wait to hear about your dinner. When is your cruise?

It will be our second time there. The first time was also with a couple we cruised with before. They were great the last time and hoping they will be 4 weeks tonight. We sail September 1st. 

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Love Peter Lugers!

The food and the atmosphere are great.  The company we are meeting up with will make it even better. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Love Peter Lugers!

Ugggh! 😁I am the odd one out.
Every time I went, I only ate their shrimp cocktail for dinner and the spinach. Do they still have the steal for one, steak for two, steak for three? Or have they changed their menu.

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

lol  (I know it shouldn't elicit that reaction, but somehow was just a bit humorous the way you stated it!)

I know what you mean though. Without ruining the plot for those going to watch the movie, generally speaking, the tornadoes mainly “take out” non developed actors and a few that deserved it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Ugggh! 😁I am the odd one out.
Every time I went, I only ate their shrimp cocktail for dinner and the spinach. Do they still have the steal for one, steak for two, steak for three? Or have they changed their menu.

I’ve been studying their menu and they have added steak for 4.  I’ve eyed up their thick cut bacon app, salads, and new to me one called German fried potatoes. Not that I’m planning my choices tonight. 😋😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I hope she starts feeling better soon.  Did they send her home with a nebulizer too?  It can be hard to keep on someone young but we had to use one many times when my son was young.  He also had a spirometer but I like the bubbles and pinwheels idea better.  We would distract my son with a tv show he liked or read lots of books until his treatment was done.

Yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Ok we have one cat name Siam other is still up for discussion I am leaning towards Loki , Shelagh doesn’t seem to want human names like Josh and Allen . Any other ideas ??

This might sound dumb but what about "easy" as in Siameasy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2