Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hey guys....how do I cancel my 3 night dining package, so that I can buy it at a cheaper price?

Go to your cruise planner, top right, click on your initials next to the cart, a link for "order history" for booked items will show up in the drop down. Open it, Click cancel from there. Wait for 5 minutes for any OBC to show back up (if used obc to book). Then rebook.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Go to your cruise planner, top right, click on your initials next to the cart, a link for "order history" for booked items will show up in the drop down. Open it, Click cancel from there. Wait for 5 minutes for any OBC to show back up (if used obc to book). Then rebook.

Thank you, Arzeena.  After posting about canceling, I did some math and realized that the price they gave was before gratuities.    When I bought back in April, the price listed included the gratuities, so it is the same price, not cheaper.  

I then reserved lunch at Hooked.  I picked my date and time, and paid.  I got an email that I had my reservation.  Before I left the page for Hooked, a "currently unavailable" appeared.  I wound up sending an email asking if I truly have this reservation or not🤔  I'm waiting to hear from them, other than the automated reply I got telling me they'll get back to me.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thank you for letting me know where to look, Arzeena!  I did see that I am reserved for Hook since I clicked on my initials.🥰

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Every coin is sold with a Certificate of Authenicity.The mint is actually called the Bermuda Monetary Authority.It is located in Hamilton.

When we returned to the ship we went to Guest Services and requested that they put the items in their safe rather than the cabin safe.

I did a screen shot and saved this post too, though I have no idea if I will be in Hamilton. I have no idea of anything there, just decided to go and wing it. I do hope it's not beastly hot in sept. 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for letting me know where to look, Arzeena!  I did see that I am reserved for Hook since I clicked on my initials.🥰

We also have Hooked reserved for lunch on Wednesday, Feb 12.

• Like 2

I emailed shareholder credit to get my $100 obc applied to my new Bermuda booking since its soon. They emailed back to tell me how much obc you get for how many days. HUH? Something like this once happened with carnival. I got back a denial because I had more than 100 shares of ccl stock. My pvp called and explained you dont have to have exactly 100 shares, it can be more. I had more than 100 shares, maybe they thought I was asked for extra, idk. 

I emailed and said yes I'm asking you to apply the obc to my cruise, thanks. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

WOW I had no idea these existed until today. I think many of you know before my career as a broadcast news videographer and editor I was a drummer and musician my whole life with a degree in music. I played in some bands after studying at Berkley College of Music in Boston.

One of the bands I played in was a band called Arion. When we were on the road in Oklahoma City our agent booked us to appear on a daily noon entertainment show. We recorded several songs that would be played back every day highlighting our stay at a local restaurant and bar called the Fox and Horn.

I had no idea till today years later after I quit the band that Roberta our lead singer was able to get a copy of the videotape and eventually transfer it to digital and put it up on You Tube. 

Needless to say this is the only recorded history video wise of my professional playing days in the 1970’s. Boy do I wish they had smart phones back then.

For fun I thought I would post them not to brag, blow my horn or whatever but to show some of the songs that we played and were popular in the 1970’s.

Personnel at that time was: Roberta Holler, Percussion/Vocals; Michael Holler, Guitar/Vocals; Bob Cohen, Keyboards/Vocals; Steve Ogan, Bass/Vocals; Greg Steele, Drums. 

From the way back machine where a youthful Sea Dog with hair and a god awful band outfit was playing the hits.

“Lonesome Loser”

“I will Survive”

“Fire”

“You and I”

“The Gambler”

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@DaniDanielle  Poor baby!  Is she at a hospital on the Island?  Praying she feels better quickly.🙏

She is at RUMC, the former St. Vincent’s.  She has pneumonia and the right lung is worse.  IV fluids and antibiotics. She wanted me there to protect her during bloodwork, broke my heart.  She cheered up when she saw her Auntie so that was good.  Thanks to all of you.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I did a screen shot and saved this post too, though I have no idea if I will be in Hamilton. I have no idea of anything there, just decided to go and wing it. I do hope it's not beastly hot in sept. 

Hamilton,in my opinion is the nicest city in Bermuda.I was never in Bermuda in a September but I was there in several July’s and it was never excessively hot.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

She is at RUMC, the former St. Vincent’s.  She has pneumonia and the right lung is worse.  IV fluids and antibiotics. She wanted me there to protect her during bloodwork, broke my heart.  She cheered up when she saw her Auntie so that was good.  Thanks to all of you.

Thank you for the update, Marietta.  The picture of your granddaughter is heartbreaking. ❤️ Just your being there, as well as her Auntie's arrival must have given her a great deal of comfort (my daughters all call one of their aunts "Auntie", also).  I do hope the IV and antibiotics start working quickly for your sweet granddaughter.🙏

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

Here is a picture of the magnet that caused so much trouble 

20240805_200427.jpg

I'm so glad this was returned.  How did the personnel find it, I wonder??  Curious minds like to know....

• Like 3