Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Good evening.

It is 22.45pm here in North East England.

The rain has been pouring down all day.

I had my breakfast overlooking the sea this morning.

I hope y'all are having a nice day.

IMG_20240923_075716.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, maggieq said:

@Momof3gurlz beautiful pictures.  On our long bucket list. Would love any recommendations you have on how which islands/hotels, etc 

As Firefly said, Oahu is really commercial, especially Honolulu, Waikiki and the surrounding areas. Our first six nights were at Aulani, about 30 minutes from Honolulu, and this was mostly ‘relax at the resort’ time.  We drove to the North Shore one day and to Kanapali Beach another day.  Unless you’re committed to seeing Waikiki, North Shore or Pearl Harbor, Oahu wouldn’t be my first choice.  We stayed at the Outrigger Reef in Waikiki and I would easily recommend it to anyone.  
In choosing a second island, Maui would’ve been my choice but I was concerned they haven’t fully recovered yet from the fires.  Kauai won out with the chance to see the NaPali Coast and Waimea Canyon.  It was much more unspoiled than Oahu with lush plants and greenery everywhere.  We stayed on the southern coast in Poipu at Koloa Landing.  It’s a beautiful resort with a fantastic pool and nice on-site restaurant.  Close to a couple of shopping areas and several other restaurants.  The Grand Hyatt is also nearby and looks gorgeous but I was a little overwhelmed by the size of it so we chose Koloa.  Firefly is also correct that Poipu is the sunny part of Kauai.  We had fantastic weather there.  Other passengers on our Na Pali catamaran cruise were staying in near Kapa’a on the east side and said they had mostly overcast, drizzly weather.  Poipu was about a 30 minute drive to Waimea Canyon and Port Allen/Elele where many tours depart from.  
Happy to answer any other questions you have.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

As Firefly said, Oahu is really commercial, especially Honolulu, Waikiki and the surrounding areas. Our first six nights were at Aulani, about 30 minutes from Honolulu, and this was mostly ‘relax at the resort’ time.  We drove to the North Shore one day and to Kanapali Beach another day.  Unless you’re committed to seeing Waikiki, North Shore or Pearl Harbor, Oahu wouldn’t be my first choice.  We stayed at the Outrigger Reef in Waikiki and I would easily recommend it to anyone.  
In choosing a second island, Maui would’ve been my choice but I was concerned they haven’t fully recovered yet from the fires.  Kauai won out with the chance to see the NaPali Coast and Waimea Canyon.  It was much more unspoiled than Oahu with lush plants and greenery everywhere.  We stayed on the southern coast in Poipu at Koloa Landing.  It’s a beautiful resort with a fantastic pool and nice on-site restaurant.  Close to a couple of shopping areas and several other restaurants.  The Grand Hyatt is also nearby and looks gorgeous but I was a little overwhelmed by the size of it so we chose Koloa.  Firefly is also correct that Poipu is the sunny part of Kauai.  We had fantastic weather there.  Other passengers on our Na Pali catamaran cruise were staying in near Kapa’a on the east side and said they had mostly overcast, drizzly weather.  Poipu was about a 30 minute drive to Waimea Canyon and Port Allen/Elele where many tours depart from.  

Great information Deb. I have added this to my Hawaii notes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It is 22.45pm here in North East England.

The rain has been pouring down all day.

I had my breakfast overlooking the sea this morning.

I hope y'all are having a nice day.

IMG_20240923_075716.jpg

How do you like the new car?   Have you figured out all the new gadgets?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How do you like the new car?   Have you figured out all the new gadgets?

It is lovely thanks.

It is a smaller Renault model than the 2 year old car we traded in but the controls are very similar.

It is automatic which is what I wanted and smaller so Pauline will drive it too.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 15

@lenquixote66 you were discussing The Perfect Couple tv series here recently.  I didn’t read your posts because I was avoiding spoilers. Can you and who you were chatting with (possibly @DaniDanielle) recall which pages your discussions were on?  Tried scrolling back & couldn’t find them…

My thoughts - very entertaining ,didn’t pick the murderer and NK was actually quite good in it.

• Like 1

Well, this was an interesting thread yesterday.  Too bad it has now disappeared.  Only the first few lines that are displayed in the email are all I have left.

IMG_7402.thumb.jpeg.7a5e45c1dc2d2927b1974aa97ea70aa3.jpeg

Essentially, they were looking for a friend with benefits. 🤣

• Haha 12

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@lenquixote66 you were discussing The Perfect Couple tv series here recently.  I didn’t read your posts because I was avoiding spoilers. Can you and who you were chatting with (possibly @DaniDanielle) recall which pages your discussions were on?  Tried scrolling back & couldn’t find them…

My thoughts - very entertaining ,didn’t pick the murderer and NK was actually quite good in it.

We watched it , too, and enjoyed it . I think Nicole Kidman is a superb actress . Last night , we watch Maestro on Netflix .  It was very good and the music an added bonus .  Bradley Cooper was fantastic.  I would not watch this movie with anyone who has a breast cancer history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

My first post about the series was number 128796 and it was to DaniDanielle.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

We watched it , too, and enjoyed it . I think Nicole Kidman is a superb actress . Last night , we watch Maestro on Netflix .  It was very good and the music an added bonus .  Bradley Cooper was fantastic.  I would not watch this movie with anyone who has a breast cancer history.

One of my favorite films that Nicole Kidman was in is a film that is not for all tastes,Eyes Wide Shut.

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I have never been to Hawaii but I have two connections.In 1945 one of my cousins married a woman native to Oahu.Her father gave the couple land as a wedding present.My cousin sold the land to a developer who planned to build a hotel with the proviso that my cousin and his wife could stay there any time they wished for free.

My friend Noel moved to Maui in 1965 ,became a Professor at the University Hawaii-Maui and currently has a radio show there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2024 at 9:31 AM, Sea Dog said:

So happy you are getting away and finding some peace and calm on the sea. Thinking of you!❤️

Greg,do you know that Travis Kielce is one of the stars of a dramatic series beginning tomorrow on FX,Groresque ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Greg,do you know that Travis Kielce is one of the stars of a dramatic series beginning tomorrow on FX,Groresque ?

Yes he's been talking a lot about it with his brother on their New Heights podcast. I will be watching to see how he does. He also hosts a game show on Amazon Prime called "Are You Smarter Than a Celebrity"? It premiere's on October 15. Seems like he is preparing himself for life after football. Smart move in my opinion.

• Like 7

We are watching the third season of Apple TV's Slow Horses and are completely hooked.  Gary Oldman does a fantastic job as Jackson Lamb, a washed up MI-5 agent who is in charge of Slough House, where other disgraced MI-5 agents are sent to live out the rest of their careers.  As I said earlier, you want to love him and hate him at the same time.  I was talking with someone today who is reading the books, by Mick Herron, and likes them a lot.  He didn't know that they were made into a TV series.  I'd like to read the books but it looks like the books, in order written, match the TV series, in order shown.  Book 1 is season 1, etc.  I don't want to get ahead in the books and spoil the TV series.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We are watching the third season of Apple TV's Slow Horses and are completely hooked.  Gary Oldman does a fantastic job as Jackson Lamb, a washed up MI-5 agent who is in charge of Slough House, where other disgraced MI-5 agents are sent to live out the rest of their careers.  As I said earlier, you want to love him and hate him at the same time.  I was talking with someone today who is reading the books, by Mick Herron, and likes them a lot.  He didn't know that they were made into a TV series.  I'd like to read the books but it looks like the books, in order written, match the TV series, in order shown.  Book 1 is season 1, etc.  I don't want to get ahead in the books and spoil the TV series.  

I will start first season of Slow Horses today also a big fan of Gary Oldman, loved him as Churchill in Darkest Hour saw that movie a couple of times .

how did you like the Bills game 😁😁

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, George C said:

how did you like the Bills game 😁😁

Loved it.  This has been a relatively stress-free season so far.  If the Bills aren't up by more than 1 possession in the second half, I get nervous.  Not a problem this year. 😁

• Like 2