Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure what to do with all the tomatoes though....I put them outfront for the neighbors for free. But I think they are getting sick of them....Been so hot outside here the tomatoes are baking out on the table.

Received a nice note from someone yesterday.

20210824_104631.jpg

20210824_105825.jpg

20210824_105844.jpg

20210824_110839.jpg

Wow that sure is a lot of tomatoes.   That's really nice they left a note😊

You're the new Green Grocer!!

I've been making a lot of bruschetta the last couple of weeks.  Also made a big pot of tomato sauce this past weekend.  

I'll make more sauce this coming weekend.  Sometimes I put sauce in canning jars and sometimes I put in freezer bags as it is easier to freeze then doing the whole canning process.

I, also, grow fresh herbs and have tons of basil so I'll make pesto sauce and freeze that too.

I have a vacuum sealer I use for freezer bags.

Other herbs such as parsley, thyme and oregano I will dry out, grind and put in spice jars to use during the winter.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Haha, yeah, you can’t miss that rock…I’m sure you will be seeing more impressive ones in Maui if you go to the Haleakala Volcano National Park. Maui is one place I have yet to visit as I only been to Oahu and Kauai.

I only have the Ubehebe Crater photos – unless you count Crater Lake photos as volcano pics

20191229_164857.thumb.jpg.128f1d77d4dcee4e48f24fb428adbe41.jpg

Yeah, falling down a crater is not a good thing.  Handrail?  What handrail?

20191229_163316.thumb.jpg.34d57d548862475352d5c89d5db8e9ec.jpg

Your travels and photos remind me of when my wife and I did a cross country trip stopping in 43 US cities and a cross country trip in Canada .

• Like 3

TSOTD is from Disneyland in 1999.We had a wedding to attend in Southern California.My wife and I toured Arizona,Nevada ,Northern and Southern California.Our daughters and son in law (only one was married ) went to Disneyland and toured Southern California and bought me the tee shirt.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure what to do with all the tomatoes though....I put them outfront for the neighbors for free. But I think they are getting sick of them

Our tomatoes have been productive the last few days but not a wheel barrel full 😊.  We have been bagging a few up in lunch bags and distributing them through the neighborhood about each day.  We sometimes through in garlic.  They are loving it and we are enjoying the brief visit with them all.  One of the neighbors that got some last year kept asking earlier this year if he could help pay for a raised bed I was building…. Nope.  Glad your garden is productive.  I bet they are not tired of them. 
I have been making pizza sauce and then using our chamber vacuum to seal and freeze.

• Like 5

We slept in (haha) until 9 this morning.  Monday my DH had his required covid test for Tuesday’s final cataract surgery.  Of course, we live in a rural area…the surgery was in a town an hour away and even though we have medical covid tests in our town, the surgical center only accepts ones from their town.

Further wrinkle is he was not told until

after the test the time of his surgery.  So as he’s on his way home from Athens he calls to tell me he needs to be at the surgical center at 5:45 am Tuesday morning.  😡😴😳  Hmm.  We’d have to get up at 3 am or so to be there on time.  What kind of doctor can even perform surgery at that hour?!?!

Further complication is he needs to be there at 5:45 am but will be done at 7:45 am…however has to be at a followup appointment that day at noon.  So what am I going to do from 5:45 am till 7:45 am…and what are the two of us going to do from 7:45 till noon in August in the south in the time of covid?!?!

So once he gets home I decide the only sensible thing is for us to drive back an hour to Athens and spend the night.  That way I can drop him off and go back to the hotel and sleep…and after his surgery we can hang out in the hotel until his followup appointment.

Moral of this story is obviously the surgical center is in cahoots with the hotel!

All went well…but glad this was his last cataract surgery!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Now I will be on the hunt for WOW band wearers!

I noticed that they had them on Symphony in the past.  They said they cost $5 or trade in an old one.  They used them to open the door and to make purchases, whatever you use the card for.  They sound like magic bands at Disney.  I was wondering if we would like them in October on Symphony.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Bucky's ex lives in Corning.  Beware that area of low flying brooms.  😄  We avoid at all costs.  😉 

Noted. We plan on flying back early summer of 2022. She's 180 miles southwest. Now Witchy Woman is stuck in my head. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'll make more sauce this coming weekend.  Sometimes I put sauce in canning jars and sometimes I put in freezer bags as it is easier to freeze then doing the whole canning process.

I, also, grow fresh herbs and have tons of basil so I'll make pesto sauce and freeze that too.

I have a vacuum sealer I use for freezer bags.

I tried the canning last year but using the vacuum sealer now.  I discovered the chamber vacuum sealer.  With a chamber vac you can seal liquids.  I hear that is much harder to seal liquids with a foodsaver vac.  One nice thing about sealing in bags is flattening them before freezing.  Then they take up much less space.

I have been going pesto crazy too.  About every 3 days I have more to pick thus another bag of pesto.  It keeps nice in the freezer.  I wait to add cheese until I am ready to eat it.  I have so much I tried it on a bacon and tomato sandwich yesterday.  It was really good.

I found if you cut the basil up thin and chop up the pine nuts before blending the pesto comes out greener because you don’t have to pulse the blender as much.  I also seal the leftovers before putting it in the fridge so it doesn’t contact air and turn dark.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, George C said:

Has anyone seen the defeated on Netflix it is a very adult gritty, violent  show that takes place in Berlin in 1946. I thought cast was very good , there is 8 episodes.

We're still working our way through Bosch.  Just finished season 4 last night.  Great show.  Will add The Defeated to our list for future viewing.  Thanks.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, George C said:

Has anyone seen the defeated on Netflix it is a very adult gritty, violent  show that takes place in Berlin in 1946. I thought cast was very good , there is 8 episodes.

I am watching Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix.If you like David Lynch films this is similiar.

20 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're still working our way through Bosch.  Just finished season 4 last night.  Great show.  Will add The Defeated to our list for future viewing.  Thanks.

I finished Bosch on Monday.It was the first show with Titus Welliver that I liked.In my opinion the last episode is one of the best ever on TV.

39 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I tried the canning last year but using the vacuum sealer now.  I discovered the chamber vacuum sealer.  With a chamber vac you can seal liquids.  I hear that is much harder to seal liquids with a foodsaver vac.  One nice thing about sealing in bags is flattening them before freezing.  Then they take up much less space.

I have been going pesto crazy too.  About every 3 days I have more to pick thus another bag of pesto.  It keeps nice in the freezer.  I wait to add cheese until I am ready to eat it.  I have so much I tried it on a bacon and tomato sandwich yesterday.  It was really good.

I found if you cut the basil up thin and chop up the pine nuts before blending the pesto comes out greener because you don’t have to pulse the blender as much.  I also seal the leftovers before putting it in the fridge so it doesn’t contact air and turn dark.

You can seal liquids in a food saver, just don't use the vaccum feature. Squeeze out the excess air, then seal it.

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had a fantastic meal last night.

I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. Kind of reminds me of Wonderland.

39 minutes ago, George C said:

Saw the trailer it looks good.

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am watching Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix.If you like David Lynch films this is similiar.

Love David Lynch. He's different but that's what I love about him. Loved Blue Velvet.

Also I think I may have mentioned it, HBO Max's documentary 100 foot wave is awesome.

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. Kind of reminds me of Wonderland.

Saw the trailer it looks good.

Love David Lynch. He's different but that's what I love about him. Loved Blue Velvet.

Also I think I may have mentioned it, HBO Max's documentary 100 foot wave is awesome.

Blue Velvet was great.I loved the original Twin Peaks.I have copies of the Twin Peaks Gazette .

My best friend from high school is a retired Hollywood film maker .He is a perfectionist.He spent 10 years writing the definitive movie about Native Americans .When he finished the film a Native American actor heard about the film and contacted my friend .He said he wished he knew about the film when it was being made he would have loved to have the opportunity to be in the movie.My friend cut the film and re wrote it with this guy in it.

I have no idea if it will ever be released.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You can seal liquids in a food saver, just don't use the vaccum feature. Squeeze out the excess air, then seal it.

Yes, understand that but with a chamber vac you can vacuum seal liquids.  With a chamber vac the air is not sucked out of the bag, it is sucked out of the chamber. No risk of liquids sucked up into the machine.   You can freeze liquids then vacuum seal with a foodsaver.  

• Like 2