Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have you visited the Tower? I found it fascinating. Henry's armour, as well as his horses armour, are there.

Loved our Tower visit.

_CM_8604.thumb.jpg.271621af8b7726e4e99dc204c514a520.jpg

_CM_8613.thumb.jpg.13e056fe78e609b1cf244590f9137bda.jpg

_CM_8618.thumb.jpg.48cfc5d2df7855c6815533afe99c13d8.jpg

_CM_8624.thumb.jpg.4c06e95bdff5efa1f6e982a030a10086.jpg

_CM_8629.thumb.jpg.f913d11278796df76902773828c9ca26.jpg

555070478_LondonTowerPano.thumb.jpg.e4c845c1778a00cf269844b8531b38c6.jpg

We took a river tour from the Tower back to Westminster.  A few pics from the boat on an overcast day (overcast day in London 😲).

_CM_8677.thumb.jpg.cb8015320da634c3628a7a561519a5c3.jpg

_CM_8697.thumb.jpg.a784f00562ecb85e7bd8c6ac19d9d9e8.jpg

_CM_8694.thumb.jpg.e08a81c1dfe8efe46d84641d04240cb5.jpg

_CM_8708.thumb.jpg.ed98b5df0f1a106a942fc52a54801f3d.jpg

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter and SIL in NJ were greatly impacted by Ida.  Basement is flooded, and my SIL's business parking lot and part of his bldg. is underwater.  He had to park elsewhere and  was taken to his bldg. by boat. My daughter works approx. 35 minutes away and roads were flooded so she stayed home.  The picture is the flooding and boats at my SIL's work.  The red blob is me having fun with the edit feature removing the name of the building.

Looks like a lovely lake doesn't it?  This was dry land before Ida hit.

Hope all are safe and were not impacted greatly.

flood.jpg

Sorry to hear this,Bonnie

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have you visited the Tower? I found it fascinating. Henry's armour, as well as his horses armour, are there.

Yes, we did a full tour of the Tower.    At first Eric didn't want to do the tour, he just wanted the option to walk around on your own but I insisted we take the guided tour.     We both enjoyed it and were fascinated hearing the stories and learning how they lived, and the beheadings.    Amazing how old most of those structures are and they remain in good standing. 

Of course, I enjoyed seeing the family jewels.

We did walk the London Tower Bridge, but did not take the tour of the bridge.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Basement flooded, first time in years.  Pump going but we need a bigger one.  Can’t complain others have it worse.

My niece in Westchester had her first floor of the house flooded.The pump was not functioning so she and her two sons were using pails.
Sorry about your basement.

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My daughter and SIL in NJ were greatly impacted by Ida.  Basement is flooded, and my SIL's business parking lot and part of his bldg. is underwater.  He had to park elsewhere and  was taken to his bldg. by boat. My daughter works approx. 35 minutes away and roads were flooded so she stayed home.  The picture is the flooding and boats at my SIL's work.  The red blob is me having fun with the edit feature removing the name of the building.

Looks like a lovely lake doesn't it?  This was dry land before Ida hit.

Hope all are safe and were not impacted greatly.

flood.jpg

So sorry to hear of the troubles they are having.   Happy to hear no one was hurt.    It is going to take quite a while for everyone to dry out.    

TSOTD is from Sag Harbor,NY.A beautiful town with live theater,wonderful restaurants,great places to have ice cream.

When I was healthy my wife and I would go there several times during the summer .We would go to the historical museum,to lunch ,the theater and walk around the town.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are fine.We had the same alerts.The only negative was that I had to cancel a doctor appointment for this morning because we would not have been able to get there.Glad that you are okay.

Ahh good to hear all is well at your home.     I was getting worried when you weren't online this morning.      

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh good to hear all is well at your home.     I was getting worried when you weren't online this morning.      

I was afraid to go to sleep last night just in case we had to evacuate.Finally at 2:30 I decided it was time .I slept later than normally .My wife woke me because I had a doctors appointment scheduled but I heard on the news that the roads were in bad shape so I felt it would be better to cancel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Saw it.  😉  We have been coming up here for 15 years...still remember it when it was still standing before they tore it down in 2013, ....which was the date I believe.  

Though I think this new bridge is quite beautiful.  🙂 

Have been back and forth over what they call this new one ...the "Penobscot Narrows" bridge several times already this week.  Going over it again tomorrow for a picnic in Searsport on the river, then again on Saturday on the way to look at another home for sale near Belfast. 

This is view when both bridges were still there.  

163px-Waldo-Hancock_and_Penobscot_Narrows_Bridges_entering_Verona_Island_July%2C_2007.jpg

That spot is so beautiful to me!

One if the most scenic locations  to cross any river. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. My son just got home from working in the UK for 7 weeks and texted us today that he is getting married next month. He and his fiancé have been together for 6 years and engaged for two so it isn't a huge surprise. I have no details yet other than it being at the courthouse and the date. Of course my husband and I will be there but I'm still waiting to hear from our daughters. One just signed a contract for travel nursing so hopefully she can get a few days off.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ode to be young again :

My daughter who lived in Long Island but works in Brooklyn went to work today.Her husband who works in Manhattan is working from home.

My daughter who lives in Manhattan but works in Long Island went to work today.Her husband who works in Manhattan is also working from home today.

When I was young ,living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan I also went to work regardless of the weather.

Ode to be young again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The first time I visited the Tower, I was totally absorbed into the atmosphere. Horrible place to be imprisoned.
It’s easy to spend half a day there, seeing everything. 
Then, outside, to see where Anne Boleyn was executed seemed almost surreal. Like I was time traveling. 
The Crown Jewels weren’t displayed well, and were disappointing. 
After they moved them, and installed new lighting, I was blown away by them. 
For years, where you came up from the Underground was a hot dog stand. I got a hot dog every time…best ever!

You could only wave the mustard at your hot dog, though. English mustard will put you on your knees if you’re not careful. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Stay dry my friends in the northeast. I'm thinking about you.

16 hours ago, akcruz said:

All upon the Northeast stay safe, 

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hope everyone impacted by Mother Nature's wrath stays dry and safe.

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Take care and stay safe Lenny and everyone else affected by the rain.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Best wishes to everyone impacted by Ida.  

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

You are in my thoughts. Stay safe.

@mets07 , @Sunshine3601 , @Ocean Boy , @lenquixote66 , @HBE4 , @BonTexasNY and @DaniDanielle

Joining in my thoughts with all the above well wishes to all those impacted.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

Bucky cranks his Jimi CD up on the little CD player he has in the garage (AKA man cave) as he is working in there.  😉 

Our so called garage band in high school use to play a lot of songs from the Jimi Hendrix Experience. We changed/modified some of the lyrics to "Foxy Lady" and played it during a Friday night dance at our high school. We were banned from playing at our own high school after that. There was always someone from the school staff there as chaperones 😂 and took offense 🤣.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, we did a full tour of the Tower.    At first Eric didn't want to do the tour, he just wanted the option to walk around on your own but I insisted we take the guided tour.     We both enjoyed it and were fascinated hearing the stories and learning how they lived, and the beheadings.    Amazing how old most of those structures are and they remain in good standing. 

Of course, I enjoyed seeing the family jewels.

We did walk the London Tower Bridge, but did not take the tour of the bridge.   

Our tour guide/Beefeater started by saying that he will be giving the tour in 3 different languages, English, Australian, and American.  🙄  Probably tells that joke at the start of every tour.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. My son just got home from working in the UK for 7 weeks and texted us today that he is getting married next month. He and his fiancé have been together for 6 years and engaged for two so it isn't a huge surprise. I have no details yet other than it being at the courthouse and the date. Of course my husband and I will be there but I'm still waiting to hear from our daughters. One just signed a contract for travel nursing so hopefully she can get a few days off.

Congratulations!     😍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We also had alerts.We are also about 1/2 hour to the nearest railroad.

Friends of ours in North Jersey had water in their first floor.My nephew in Westchester lost power and one of my nieces in Westchester had several feet of water in her house.Glad that you are okay too.

Fortunately,  I am on high ground. Nothing more than a few twigs in the back yard.  Lights flickered a few times but never lost power. The electric power company did some extensive tree trimming a month or two ago. No doubt that helped. 

• Like 4