Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This was my weekend…

Besides the cute cats, in looking closely it seems you have an English-style "suite" [aka 3 places sofa? if my English is correct...]

When we came back from our relocation in Brussels, we had 3+2+1, plus yew furniture, all in English-style, which I found cozy and home-warming.

The furniture still exists, but the 3+2+1 is, sadly, long gone....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Not really. I’m just going to go and walk around. I would rather wait for Mike to go on any tours, but who knows if I change my mind at the last minute. 😁

You should enjoy walking around Curaçao. It’s beautiful.  We would enjoy visiting there again.  We have not been to Aruba.  Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing about it. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Walgreens and other pharmacy, I get them now online .

I use instaflex advanced 

Thanks so much, George!  I appreciate you sharing this info😉

55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

They finally snagged one on Deck 9.  They called C&A to do it.  We both were checking on and off yesterday.  I would get certain decks and he would get others, then they would say sold out!  Finally I told him to call.

Smart move!  Glad your friends were able to join you😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We certainly can't get away with our NY accents, although I don't think my accent is that strong.  Our dear friends from Massachusetts/Naples  are the winners when it comes to accents!  Love it!  Chocolate Italian ices are soooo good!

Graham, I wish you and Pauline a wonderful day!

Greg, the noodles/mashed potatoes/gravy sounds devine.  I hope the injection will help with your knees so you can enjoy your cruise to the fullest!

Good to hear the beach is back to being clear for you and Bucky.  I would love to eat as much fish as you two do!

Great conditions to be working in, Debbie!

Thank you for your nice words.

Graham.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is the Ocean House Hotel. It is our version of the Overlook Hotel in the movie "The Shining".

20211011_143514.thumb.jpg.f1d935a96c2002b188499a2291eda19e.jpg

What a beautiful place.

21 hours ago, derorim said:

Our son (well, technically, Andy's son, but I claim him) is a carpenter and worked on the rebuild of that hotel.  

That’s so cool.

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Finally Doctor’s office answered email.  It said see you tomorrow to review MRI. Sigh 

Will be thinking of you both and hoping for a great outcome.

2 hours ago, George C said:

The injections didn’t help me either but the instaflex pills did. I would recommend anyone try that before surgery.

George 

I’ve had the euflexxa shots before and they were great, but haven’t needed one in several years. Thank goodness for modern medicine. Happy that the instaflex pills help you. Knee pain can be horrible.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Besides the cute cats, in looking closely it seems you have an English-style "suite" [aka 3 places sofa? if my English is correct...]

When we came back from our relocation in Brussels, we had 3+2+1, plus yew furniture, all in English-style, which I found cozy and home-warming.

3 Piece Suite was the old English term Dani.

Graham x.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Good Morning from Charlotte Amalie St Thomas.  

We are planning to go to Coki Beach. Docked at Crown Bay. Getting cleared for 11 am arrival time.

I tried to like earlier posts but could not due to some wifi connection issues. Samantha is adorable! Noodles on mash? Hmmmm never tried that but will, perhaps. Lighthouse on Aruba looks so romantic. Andrew's TG dinner looks yummy 😋.  Good luck to Charlie for tomorrow's appointment 👍.  Mallory I hope you are keeping in mind what I said about blowing out those 90 candles. Focus on it and picture yourself....what will you be wearing? Will you have snow white hair like grandpa Lenny or will you be a dashing blonde or what? I wish you the best. Jim good luck with the new knee....you are going to outwalk Maryann now. Sorry if I forgot to mention anybody else who needed some extra hugs.

Pleased you are having a wonderful cruise Arzeena.

Graham.

• Like 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

3 Piece Suite was the old English term Dani.

Graham x.

Thanks, Graham.

When I wrote "suite", I was, of course, thinking about Hyacinth "Bukee" ["Keeping up appearances"], when she was eagerly awaiting a 3 pieces "suite", "the exact replica of the one in Sandringham😁

• Like 3

Our choice for Oysters....were all out of Oysters!  😮  Probably the bad weather with too much run off intrusion...if I had to guess.  Sooo we still opted to share the Rockpile Brisket BBQ nachos...OMG!!  Happy we did not get the Oysters!!  

20211012_113432.jpg

• Like 15

So our check-in for Explorer's first voyage out of San Juan on November 7th has been really weird. Yesterday for a short time, check-in appeared online on my computer but then would error trying to get further in. My wife had luck getting in and got us checked-in before it then became unavailable.

Check-in briefly appeared in the app yesterday then went away. A bunch of people on our FB group page tried to check-in but saw that it wasn't available but a few did including someone who did it by app.

Today same thing a very narrow window of about 15 minutes where you could get into check-in. I was able to upload a vaccine card right before it kicked me off and then I haven't been able to access it all day.

Does this happen to other people on their cruise? I wondered if the crack IT department was just teasing us with check-in or maybe testing it. Needless to say it's been frustrating.

Edited by Sea Dog

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

It is in fact a three cushion sofa.  We have one love seat in another room that only seats two…but all our others are big boys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Do they have to make reservations for exclusive lap time?  😉   So cute...nothing like a purring cat on your lap to ease the stress away!  

I think the feline assumption is that if I’m sitting or lying down…I am a resting place.  Do not get on the couch before visiting the restroom as you may be stationed there for awhile…

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I wonder if all the info I uploaded will still be there…or if I’ll have to do it again…

My wife when she checked in got logged off at the end but when I was briefly able to get in today everything was there so you should be good. I still would like to know why everything is weird as far as check-in. Could it be the Royal IT Gremlins again??????

• Like 1

OK, I am getting emails saying RCI needs my vaccination for the upcoming Odyssey cruise this Sunday, when I am currently on Odyssey

and we are B2B, and guest services knows we are B2B since they already called to let us know about the Covid test to prepare for the next cruise.

• Like 2