Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Dani and Sue from England,

I cannot find the post where you both mentioned the June 13 Beyond cruises. We could not decide.....actually we could not find a time period when nothing was booked, so we got an open booking (Book Later is what they call it, and have 90 days to pick a ship and sail date).

@sgmn

Sorry for my poor photos quality.... as Sue ( @Lionesss) says: "it is what it is" 😢

That's the itinerary. I couldn't take the picture without revealing the site of my TA, so I took it in 2 parts...

82CD1AD6-8723-4B0C-A6B5-952DA04C1AA1.jpeg

913912BB-0A75-4396-A66E-FF61A61DC547.jpeg

Edited by dani negreanu
space between pics
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Operation air condition and heat pump the garage is now under way.

I also have people coming today to work on a heat pump, but an existing one instead of a new one.  Ours is currently not cooling.  Thermostat seems to be working, compressor runs, air handling unit runs...so not sure what the problem is.  Hopefully that doesn't translate into a lot of money to fix.  Fortunately, our weather here has been a little cooler the last couple of days with highs in the low to mid 70s, so we can just open the windows.  It gets back into the 80s starting tomorrow so I hope it's something that they can fix today.

• Like 1

Bit chilly and windy here at Lbi, sun is shining bright.   We are just about done painting.   Eric to do kitchen today and then all done.

I'm cleaning all windows inside and outside.  Thankful to have windows that tilt in to clean.

Then going to shampoo rugs in bedrooms.  Only rooms with carpet.

Eric just remembered he has to get slacks for his new tux altered so he can wear on our Jan anthem sailings.  

• Like 6

Micheline and I had our first Pickleball experience today.  We took a "Pickleball 101" hour long lesson that starts as if you know nothing, which was the case for us.  Looks like it will be a lot of fun.  We are both tennis players though and it will take some time to get rid of some of the tennis muscle memory that hurts you in Pickleball.  I can't get myself to swing hard enough for that wiffle ball. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline and I had our first Pickleball experience today. 

I've never played but we have friends that love to play. There is a place in KC called Chicken and Pickle that is part restaurant/bar and part pickleball with outdoor courts. It's always busy. I'll have to give it a try.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I cannot find the post where you both mentioned the June 13 Beyond cruises. We could not decide.....actually we could not find a time period when nothing was booked, so we got an open booking (Book Later is what they call it, and have 90 days to pick a ship and sail date). We also booked one for March 2022 out of FLL. We will be on the Edge again 10/23 sailing and maybe we will get one more open booking.

Everybody onboard was very happy for Captain Kate and said they will miss her.

It looks a good cruise, starts in Italy, finishes in Spain,  with most stops in the Greek Islands plus Malta, would be lovely if Captain Kate was still there in June 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Micheline and I had our first Pickleball experience today.  We took a "Pickleball 101" hour long lesson that starts as if you know nothing, which was the case for us.  Looks like it will be a lot of fun.  We are both tennis players though and it will take some time to get rid of some of the tennis muscle memory that hurts you in Pickleball.  I can't get myself to swing hard enough for that wiffle ball. 

It looks like fun.     The township here at LBI has plans to open up a pickleball court by next summer.     We will have to give it a try. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Operation air condition and heat pump the garage is now under way. All three bays are getting units run off a base station, similar to what they use in the Caribbean. Should be done tomorrow.  We are keeping the eclectic heater as a back up.  

One guy is working inside.

One guy working outside getting the electrical and AC lines run. 

7B49C50A-4C37-44D7-9C44-0EA6146AB9F4.thumb.png.a7c3d0bc2b5b6e5274bbd8cd15afe888.png

Thanks for the reminder!  We have to call AJ Perry for our annual checkup.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

913912BB-0A75-4396-A66E-FF61A61DC547.jpeg

Great itinerary!  Our canceled cruise out of Venice this month went to many of the Greek Islands.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Bit chilly and windy here at Lbi, sun is shining bright.   We are just about done painting.   Eric to do kitchen today and then all done.

I'm cleaning all windows inside and outside.  Thankful to have windows that tilt in to clean.

Then going to shampoo rugs in bedrooms.  Only rooms with carpet.

Eric just remembered he has to get slacks for his new tux altered so he can wear on our Jan anthem sailings.  

It's blustery, cool and cloudy in our neck of the woods!  Heat has been on since last night.  Debbie, I would love to have 1/4 of the energy you have...

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our Naples community has been playing pickleball for the last 3 or 4 years now.  Those that play, absolutely love it!  My neck issues prevent me from joining, so I play bacci instead.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It's blustery, cool and cloudy in our neck of the woods!  Heat has been on since last night.  Debbie, I would love to have 1/4 of the energy you have...

Our Naples community has been playing pickleball for the last 3 or 4 years now.  Those that play, absolutely love it!  My neck issues prevent me from joining, so I play bacci instead.

Heat ugh!   Eric last night asked if he should put the heat on before we went to bed as the temp inside was 67 and figured it was going to get cooler during the night.  I said NO, just get under the covers.        Woke up to 64 inside and 49 outside.    I hate the day when we put the heat on.    I'm holding out for as long as possible.

I also need to call to do annual furnace check for both homes.      

I love playing Bocce ball.    As kids we used to play all the time with my Grand parents and then taught our boys how to play.     I wonder if we still have the set.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Hi all! Missed reading all of your updates the past couple of weeks. I’m back and ready to catch up from here on. 🤗

Welcome Home!     I followed your trip thread and WOW! you had an amazing trip and took some outstanding photos.     Thank you for sharing😍

Back to work and reality stinks - LOL!

Edited by Sunshine3601

On 10/17/2021 at 11:05 AM, Keksie said:

We went on a boat for snorkeling first in a couple places and then to a secluded beach.  While they set up we took a walk up to the high spot of the island.  There were yummy sides and lobster that we ate on picnic benches.  There was time after to snorkel around the boat.  

We went on that tour as well!  Two different times.  Was great.  Saw the Swallow tail birds our guide called "Tropic birds".  Beautiful long wispy white tails.  

Great lobster!!  🙂 

• Like 1

Surprise!!  😄  

Was able to snag a signal (could be just really good weather condition for cell signal right now..not sure).   

Sooo I am making use of what I have with it.  

Walked to the beach this morning, with morning coffee in hand, to watch the sunrise on St. George Island Beach.  Totally empty beach, and in fact has been surprisingly empty of tourists since we got here...even on a Sunday!  Nothing like the massive crowds of tourists and traffic when we were at Grayton Beach.  And in fact all the traffic and tourists seem to be from Panama City Beach continuing apparently to Pensacola Beach (from campers that told us about that area as well).  

20211018_074145.jpg

20211018_074308.jpg

• Like 19

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I cannot find the post where you both mentioned the June 13 Beyond cruises. We could not decide.....actually we could not find a time period when nothing was booked, so we got an open booking (Book Later is what they call it, and have 90 days to pick a ship and sail date). We also booked one for March 2022 out of FLL. We will be on the Edge again 10/23 sailing and maybe we will get one more open booking.

Everybody onboard was very happy for Captain Kate and said they will miss her.

Did you book RCI or Celebrity for March 2022? We have the 3/25 Equinox booked.  

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Give it a go.  I think alcohol helps in making some of the drama.  It typically happens on turn around nights, when the crew gos out for dinner and drinks. 🍹

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It's even better if you drink along with them.

When I first saw Andrew’s post, I thought that’s what he was saying!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Is this cruise you have booked? Love so many of these ports! How exciting 

Malta was the main draw (as was for Sue - @sgmn). 

Santorini and Katakolon will be repeats.

Santorini -- we were lucky last time to be on the 1st speed boat to Oia, had the place to ourselves when it was still not so warm, but when we arrived at Thira at ~1pm, the place was "mobbed" -- the line to the cable car down was huge, and we feared not to make it in time back to ship, gave up Thira and stood in line for 2 hours !!!

This time our time in port will be much longer (until 10PM), so, hopefully, we'll see Thira and even have a nice souvlaki/giro meal there 😉

Rhodes and Athens, we stopped in our 1st cruise (1976....), so I don't think it counts. Pity we'll be in Athens on a Sunday.

Looking forward to Malta, Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes and Athens 😁 

Planning to arrive in Rome 2 days before the cruise (even though we visited many times, likewise Barcelona), and leave Barcelona a day after the cruise.

• Like 9

Well, I haven’t talked about this, because I was hoping for good news. 
My routine blood work showed moderate anemia, so I was sent for a endoscopy and colonoscopy. Had them September 30. 
I was told immediately that I had a 4cm growth.

My previous colonoscopy in 2016 showed not even a polyp!

It took till today to get the biopsy results. 
Definitely cancer. 
I had already made an appointment with the surgeon who removed my hemorrhoids. (Don’t ever go through that if you can avoid it!)

I see him Wednesday, and he’ll probably order a CAT scan to start with. 
I’m being referred to MD Anderson for after the surgery. 
I was prepared for bad news, but hoping for good. 
Now I will be praying to get past this, whatever it takes. 
I’m going to really be mad if it affects my March Harmony cruise or my August Allure cruise. 
Mimi, who has a lot of life yet to live. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Malta was the main draw (as was for Sue - @sgmn). 

Santorini and Katakolon will be repeats.

Santorini -- we were lucky last time to be on the 1st speed boat to Oia, had the place to ourselves when it was still not so warm, but when we arrived at Thira at ~1pm, the place was "mobbed" -- the line to the cable car down was huge, and we feared not to make it in time back to ship, gave up Thira and stood in line for 2 hours !!!

This time our time in port will be much longer (until 10PM), so, hopefully, we'll see Thira and even have a nice souvlaki/giro meal there 😉

Rhodes and Athens, we stopped in our 1st cruise (1976....), so I don't think it counts. Pity we'll be in Athens on a Sunday.

Looking forward to Malta, Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes and Athens 😁 

Planning to arrive in Rome 2 days before the cruise (even though we visited many times, likewise Barcelona), and leave Barcelona a day after the cruise.

Sounds wonderful Dani.  A cruise like this is on my bucket list. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My routine blood work showed moderate anemia, so I was sent for a endoscopy and colonoscopy. Had them September 30. 

Definitely cancer. 
I had already made an appointment with the surgeon who removed my hemorrhoids. (Don’t ever go through that if you can avoid it!)

I’m going to really be mad if it affects my March Harmony cruise or my August Allure cruise. 

I’m very sorry you have to go through this.  You WILL get past it and we’ll all be praying along with you 🙏

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Definitely cancer. 

I'm really sorry to hear this Mimi.

Our prayers 🙏 are on there way to you for Wednesday's appointment and hopefully successful treatment to get rid of any cancer.

Sincerely Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1