Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Headed to the bank yesterday with a little cash. 

EB91EF8E-C367-4F70-8DEF-727B126603E1.thumb.jpeg.3757b4d2b6ace40142e35da3c54bebfa.jpeg

Glad we didn’t have any problems like @Lionesss😂😂

I think I counted about 40 bills in the money fan. I ignored the stack of bills in the background. 😁

I approve of whatever this is. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

Just now, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I have booked with them many times.

They have the friendliest site to check availability of rooms. When I email my "personal" TA, I tell her I want this room #, after checking thoroughly the location.

If I really want a specific cruise, but the rooms I want are no longer available, I book anyway, and keep looking....

I prefer the mid ship location, and once I scored a "hump" on Jewel by perseverance of looking....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Biopsy report says cancer, so no way out of it. I just have to remember it’s nothing new, only my knowledge of it!

I’ll do everything I’m supposed to, and expect to be able to make next year’s cruises. 

I have 3 illnesses for which there is no cure.In March 2020 I was positive that I would soon be leaving the planet.Friends of every religion began praying for me.I am still here.I have a wonderful Oncologist who is also a wonderful person.He is amazed at my attitude and that although I still have what I am seeing him for I have not gotten worse.

Dani’s thread is amazing.Everyone who posts on here is wonderful.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

He is amazed at my attitude and that although I still have what I am seeing him for I have not gotten worse.

@jagsfan

Sadly, I have a lot experience with cancer (hence, my knowledge of MD Anderson, as well as Sloan Kettering and Mayo Clinic, and St. Jude for kids).

The strong attitude, and strength of mind are a big factor in this disease.

And, if I may, suggest to seek a 2nd opinion about the best way to proceed.

Mimi and Lenny/Maya, you're in my thoughts, and I hope that the proximity to Jerusalem will prove a big help 🙏.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Awww Lenny, you do have a great outlook.  Attitude means a lot, you can lay down and die or move on and learn to live with what you have🙂

Happy almost birthday for your son,Marietta.When I was posting on a different cruise board a woman who was posting there had the same birthday as me ,but a different year.

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@jagsfan

Sadly, I have a lot experience with cancer (hence, my knowledge of MD Anderson, as well as Sloan Kettering and Mayo Clinic, and St. Jude for kids).

The strong attitude, and strength of mind are a big factor in this disease.

And, if I may, suggest to seek a 2nd opinion about the best way to proceed.

Mimi and Lenny/Maya, you're in my thoughts, and I hope that the proximity to Jerusalem will prove a big help 🙏.

My niece who is an MD believes that a second ,third or even a fourth opinion should be the norm.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My niece who is an MD believes that a second ,third or even a fourth opinion should be the norm.

That's what my cousin's DH has done (in the Hawaii's picture) ....

On a regular heart check up, he was told that he needs

1) a by-pass.

He was not overly "enthusiastic"....

2nd opinion -- you don't need by-pass, just regular check-ups every 6 months.

3rd opinion -- wait, don't do anything.

4th opinion -- no need for by-pass, I can't introduce stents....

He took the 4th and very happy with the results, was home the day after the procedure.

(He took the 4th.... hhhmmm, it reminds me of "I plead the 5th" 😉)

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Some good news.Toby just called me from the parking area .The surgeon said everything is fine.She has no physical restrictions .She is starting physical therapy this afternoon ,twice a week for 4 weeks .

I want to thank you and everyone else for their prayers and well wishes.

That's great news Lenny. Thanks for letting us know. Good luck in PT.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations!  Did you book the add on to the bella cruise for Jim's BD?  Is it a surprise present?  

Yes!  Instead of the 6 day, I found an 8 day on Explorer out of Miami.  TA got us a Refundable.  I'm so excited about this!  I know I've said it before, that we've never had more than 2 cruises booked before;  we now have 5!!!  This isn't a surprise for Jim's birthday, it just works out that way😊  I asked Jim if he was sure about this, and he's actually more than okay with it.

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby is going to the surgeons office tomorrow morning.Mallory now has to have a Sonogram before the insurance company will allow the MRI.Even if my daughter and son in law wanted to pay for it up front they facility will not do it.

I hope Toby's office goes well today, and that she will start feeling some relief from all of her pain,  Let Mallory know that she will not be feeling anything with the sonogram (other than gel being put on her leg), but no pain with either the sonogram or the MRI.  Poor kid.🙏You know we're all praying for the 3 of you.

14 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Congrats, I love b2bs and more. I could live on a ship for a while if I could.

I'm with you, Renee.  I always tell everyone that being on a ship is my happy place!😉

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think it is supposed to be fun and not damaging? :classic_tongue::classic_smile: We haven't tried it yet. 

Several of the people in my community have had some injuries,,,mostly their knees, an occasional scrape, etc;  but every one of them loves pickleball.  I'd love to play it, but I know my limits.  Just playing tennis years ago, really aggravated my sciatica so much that I had to go back to therapy.  Bacce is more my speed.😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

That's what my cousin's DH has done (in the Hawaii's picture) ....

On a regular heart check up, he was told that he needs

1) a by-pass.

He was not overly "enthusiastic"....

2nd opinion -- you don't need by-pass, just regular check-ups every 6 months.

3rd opinion -- wait, don't do anything.

4th opinion -- no need for by-pass, I can't introduce stents....

He took the 4th and very happy with the results, was home the day after the procedure.

(He took the 4th.... hhhmmm, it reminds me of "I plead the 5th" 😉)

Several years ago a friend of mine went to a new doctor for an exam.The doctor took an EKG ,told him it was abnormal and that he needed  immediate surgery.My friend said he wanted to go for a second opinion.The doctor said he needed the surgery and called an ambulance.

My friend had the surgery.

Later that year another friend passed out in a restaurant.His wife called 911 and he was taken to a hospital and was told to follow up with a Cardiologist.My friend Mike went to the same doctor who told my friend Mel that he needed immediate surgery
The doctor took an EKG ,told Mike he needed surgery.Mike said he wanted a second opinion.The doctor said he was calling an ambulance .Mike left the office and went for a second opinion.That doctor and two other doctors told him that his problem could be treated with medication and he never had surgery.

This is not an indictment on the medical profession.We have 3 MD’s in our family and I formerly worked for an IPA with 300 doctors .

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Yes!  Instead of the 6 day, I found an 8 day on Explorer out of Miami.  TA got us a Refundable.  I'm so excited about this!  I know I've said it before, that we've never had more than 2 cruises booked before;  we now have 5!!!  This isn't a surprise for Jim's birthday, it just works out that way😊  I asked Jim if he was sure about this, and he's actually more than okay with it.

I hope Toby's office goes well today, and that she will start feeling some relief from all of her pain,  Let Mallory know that she will not be feeling anything with the sonogram (other than gel being put on her leg), but no pain with either the sonogram or the MRI.  Poor kid.🙏You know we're all praying for the 3 of you.

I'm with you, Renee.  I always tell everyone that being on a ship is my happy place!😉

Several of the people in my community have had some injuries,,,mostly their knees, an occasional scrape, etc;  but every one of them loves pickleball.  I'd love to play it, but I know my limits.  Just playing tennis years ago, really aggravated my sciatica so much that I had to go back to therapy.  Bacce is more my speed.😁

Yes,I know about everyone’s prayers.They really do help,I am convinced.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I have been trying to catch up from the last couple days.

Looks like a couple shared birthdays with mine.  I always like this TSOTD for March.

E9C13C2A-CC6D-45E6-9663-1B9E7BAFBD3F.thumb.jpeg.b323cbe95197368191115fcb29b6c7a3.jpeg

Great shirt!!!  My nephew, (and Jim's Godchild) and my sisters' grandson share Jim's birthday, also!

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm also a March (17) 😁

Ah!  a St. Patrick's baby!  We celebrate your birthday with parades and parties every year, Dani!😉☘️

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

March 13th for Pauline.

Lots of March birthdays on here!

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Back to my preventative maintenance.

Stay positive, Mark!  You and Susan are doing all of the right things to stay healthy.  Good luck...I'll be watching your Sail Away with you both on it this coming Saturday!!!

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m hopeful I’ll get through it and it will be in my rear view mirror when I board Harmony in March. 

With your positive attitude and determination, you and Dick will be boarding Harmony in March.  You are in my prayers, Mimi.🙏  Hoping all goes well at the surgeon's tomorrow.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I am Excited for you!    You will love doing a b2b.        

Same here, my happy place is at the ocean on a cruise ship (or here at LBI on a nice sunny beach day) 😍

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

I think it is supposed to be fun and not damaging? :classic_tongue::classic_smile: We haven't tried it yet. 

Just be careful when you try.  We have many older individuals in our community so a simple slip can end up being a bad injury.  We also have a few groups that play from the truly serious cut throat ones to the let's get a bit of exercise in and chat groups.  Know your limits, start off easy and you'll be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@jagsfanI'm sorry to hear your news.  The waiting must have been difficult these past few weeks. Add me to the group wishing you a speedy recovery!

@lenquixote66 Toby must have been so relieved to hear the good news.  I'm glad to hear she felt well enough to take part in some shopping therapy.  Way more fun that physical therapy, for sure!

It is so sad to hear how much stress that insurance company is putting upon the shoulders of your entire family, especially Mallory.  Seems pretty heartless to even think about how they book, then cancel, then point fingers, then come up with more hurdles to jump.  My mother went through something similar when trying to get an MRI last year.  The facility called to make an appointment, she pointed out she needed to go somewhere else (due to her pacemaker) and they put it down as patient refusal and she was back to square one with her doctor having to go through approval process all over again.  It took months for the test to actually get done. 

15 minutes ago, Sheal said:

The facility called to make an appointment, she pointed out she needed to go somewhere else (due to her pacemaker) and they put it down as patient refusal and she was back to square one with her doctor having to go through approval process all over again.  It took months for the test to actually get done. 

I have only one word for it -- heartless 😢

• Like 3