Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, George C said:

Your Jags are in trouble they are playing the Buffalo Bills in a couple of hours.

You could have stopped at “The Jags are in Trouble ”!!

I cannot imagine where to start fixing the team. We had some players that were fun to watch even when we lost. They’re gone, and Trevor Lawrence has a lot to learn plus get an offense around him. 
And on top of football pains, Leroy Jethro Gibbs is gone. Woe is me!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I go Tuesday for my booster.  Hope the side effects aren’t like the second shot as  I have a haircut scheduled for Wednesday!!

Charlie never gains weight on vacation, I on the other hand gain just by looking at food😳

We had no side effects. I had read to keep moving the arm after the shot, so we went around looking like lopsided windmills!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were able to cut stuff off around the wheel and slowly drive it to the body shop the night of the accident.   This body shop is an authorized insurance estimator for the insurance company taking car of it.  Our cruise friend will help us sell it if it isn't totaled. 

I hope Sharon's thumbs/wrists are feeling better🥰

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is wonderful

Thanks Lennie, in those days there was no state social services. She was separated from her twin and younger sister and taken in at age 9 by an aunt. She didn't see her siblings until she was as an adult. She never complained or moaned about her childhood, only saying she wished she could of gone to grammar school. The difference in her life style from her childhood to her old age was amazing, so totally different.

The alternative if the aunt hadn't taken her in was the poor house.  It such a different world to what we live in now 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

And on top of football pains, Leroy Jethro Gibbs is gone. Woe is me!

I'll miss Gibbs, for sure.  I'm not sure about his replacement..he seems to be copying Gibbs somewhat. Praying all goes well this week, Mimi!🙏🙏

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I go Tuesday for my booster.  Hope the side effects aren’t like the second shot as  I have a haircut scheduled for Wednesday!!

Charlie never gains weight on vacation, I on the other hand gain just by looking at food😳

Good luck on Tuesday, Marietta!

6 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We ended up buying a truck less than two months ago because of a rotted frame in my DH's suv that was found during an oil change.  Not much on the lot to choose from but he is happy with what he got.  Absolutely no price negotiating though, sticker price or walk.  We also have a car that needs to be repaired at the collision center and parts are really hard to come by.  It needs a rear quarter panel and we have been told the estimated date for the part is 00/00/00!  They will update us when there is an actual estimated date but don't hold our breath. 😞 My brother in Texas has a friend who had an suv stolen and then totaled.  They found a replacement at a dealership but the price is $15K over sticker! 😱  I hope you are able to find something without having to pay a premium. 🙂 

I had been following the inventory at the Toyota dealer I bought my Venza from 12 years ago.   They had been showing between 2 to 4 Highlanders on hand.  The night before we went it showed 8 gas and 2 hybrid Highlanders.  The next morning 9 gas 3 hybrids.  It said to call to check availability but I thought they surely will not sell 12 before I got there. They are a little over an hour away.  Other dealers in a 50 mile radius showed 0 to 3 available.   When we got there they had 2 gas on the lot.  They said they had a truck come in the night before.  Many buyers leave a note of what they want and buy them when they get there. They said dealers in the area are buying from them at retail and then jacking up the price a few thousand.  I liked but wasn’t loving the 2.  Then a 3rd car that they just got done clearing from last night came out that the salesman wasn’t aware of.  That is the one we bought at sticker.  The only thing I wasn’t sure about was the black interior.  We had one before and it got hot but these seats are heat and cool seats.  Although there is a lot to learn about it, we are enjoying it.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

She is getting better.  She has gone 2 days without a brace on the sprang thumb but the fractured thumb is still hurting.  She can not open a bottle of water yet and other things.  It’s aggravating for someone like her that wants to be busy with something.  She was able to get the bone density test.  No results yet.  She has an appointment Tuesday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had been following the inventory at the Toyota dealer I bought my Venza from 12 years ago.   They had been showing between 2 to 4 Highlanders on hand.  The night before we went it showed 8 gas and 2 hybrid Highlanders.  The next morning 9 gas 3 hybrids.  It said to call to check availability but I thought they surely will not sell 12 before I got there. They are a little over an hour away.  Other dealers in a 50 mile radius showed 0 to 3 available.   When we got there they had 2 gas on the lot.  They said they had a truck come in the night before.  Many buyers leave a note of what they want and buy them when they get there. They said dealers in the area are buying from them at retail and then jacking up the price a few thousand.  I liked but wasn’t loving the 2.  Then a 3rd car that they just got done clearing from last night came out that the salesman wasn’t aware of.  That is the one we bought at sticker.  The only thing I wasn’t sure about was the black interior.  We had one before and it got hot but these seats are heat and cool seats.  Although there is a lot to learn about it, we are enjoying it.

I got the call about my husband's car being toast when he was at an interview, so I got right online to check inventory like you did.  I only saw two suv's we would consider and two pickups.  We had a 2010 and 2014 Escape, so figured we would likely stay with that.  No way, the 2021's are tiny and really cheap looking.  We passed on those.  Looked at little Broncos Sports, tiny and no back seat legroom.  No other mid size or large suv's to be had.  Looked at the red Ranger and he was sold.  It was all cleaned and ready for a someone else who had declined it earlier as he was going to wait for a black one.  This has a black interior too but cool seats, so he should be fine.  Much larger step up than I remember from his old truck over ten years ago or I have just gotten shorter.😉 

Glad you were able to find something for your wife.  Hope she heals quickly. 🙂 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations on your new wheels, John!!  Enjoy the ride!!!!

Not completely new.  It had 6 or 7 miles on it when we drove it off the lot.  😂 Sharon has an app for the car.  The day after I drove it home from the dealership Sharon looked at the app and said it showed how many excessive accelerations, line crossings and hard stops I had. 😂 Sharon drives most the time.  She likes it.  A lot of bells and whistles to learn.  We love all the safety features and the 360 view.  What can be a little weird is the rear view mirror.  There is a switch that has it change to a camera in the back.  You see right into the car behind you. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Hmmm...sounds like the housing market.  Seller's market big time.  Buyers competing with each other to get in the highest bid over asking price.  Yikes.  

Happy we are not in the market for a vehicle or a house right now.  But we are about to sell the land yacht....I don't think it will take long to sell.  

I was hoping to trade in my little Ford SUV for a bigger brother Lincoln, which will then take up the empty space in the RV port attached to the house.  That may be a long wait also...but I have time to wait.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Lennie, in those days there was no state social services. She was separated from her twin and younger sister and taken in at age 9 by an aunt. She didn't see her siblings until she was as an adult. She never complained or moaned about her childhood, only saying she wished she could of gone to grammar school. The difference in her life style from her childhood to her old age was amazing, so totally different.

The alternative if the aunt hadn't taken her in was the poor house.  It such a different world to what we live in now 

It really was a different world. I knew a woman whose parents decided they couldn’t afford to feed all of their children. They sold her to her aunt and uncle for $200 and an old car. 
The aunt and uncle wanted a servant to cook and  clean and they got one. 
She was 11 years old and had cooked since she was 5, because her parents drank. She worked, unpaid, sleeping in a closet on a pallet until she was 14. 
That’s when an acquaintance of the aunt and uncle saw her and managed over time to talk her into walking out the back door and around to his car. 
She told me she was afraid of him, but nobody else had offered to help her. 
She lived with him till she got too old…20. 
He kicked her out and she got a waitressing job and eventually managed a diner. 
She met a Navy man, got married, and had four children. I was friends with her daughter. She was tired and worn out, and, as she put it, “Done”.

She was planting veggies in her back yard and just fell over. Gone just like that, at, I think, 52. Her husband had left her when her last baby was born, but she managed. Her name was Thelma, and she deserved so much better. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

But does it have a hot tub like yours ?????😁😁

I will look it up. Thanks.

Hot tub pictures with water in now. Also the end of the Wildflowers, frost got them the other night.

20211107_115254.jpg

20211107_115133.jpg

20211107_115954.jpg

20211107_133422.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Excellent!  Congratulations on your new vehicle🤩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

It really was a different world. I knew a woman whose parents decided they couldn’t afford to feed all of their children. They sold her to her aunt and uncle for $200 and an old car. 
The aunt and uncle wanted a servant to cook and  clean and they got one. 
She was 11 years old and had cooked since she was 5, because her parents drank. She worked, unpaid, sleeping in a closet on a pallet until she was 14. 
That’s when an acquaintance of the aunt and uncle saw her and managed over time to talk her into walking out the back door and around to his car. 
She told me she was afraid of him, but nobody else had offered to help her. 
She lived with him till she got too old…20. 
He kicked her out and she got a waitressing job and eventually managed a diner. 
She met a Navy man, got married, and had four children. I was friends with her daughter. She was tired and worn out, and, as she put it, “Done”.

She was planting veggies in her back yard and just fell over. Gone just like that, at, I think, 52. Her husband had left her when her last baby was born, but she managed. Her name was Thelma, and she deserved so much better. 

Such a sad story, poor Thelma😥

A beautiful sunny day here today.  Made it to 60°.  I haven’t been to the lake for a while, so here is my lake picture of the day for today. 

65D51FB9-5A37-476F-A2D6-8D41B0006A47.thumb.jpeg.50b8ead562df2e9d00fdf1c3b045bf2b.jpeg

There were actually a few boaters out. 

Unfortunately, my day was spent cleaning up leaves (another 1,000 pounds bagged), and cleaning and putting away the rest of the outdoor furniture. 

And on a funny note, my daughter said our grandson was fixing his hair before he went to bed last night.  When she asked him why, he said. “I need to look good if I meet the girl of my dreams!”

And so it begins at 9 years old. 🤣🤣

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Aaaaaaaaaaah! Ooooooooooh! Bliss!

Clear night last night, Lot's of stars even saw a few shooting stars right over the top of the trees above the mountain top. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4