Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 hours ago, Keksie said:

From our game camera when we lived in Texas.

Bobcat.thumb.jpg.115d3d8022794c973bb9369fada23c01.jpg

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Took me a minute to spot it. Hopefully that fence is electrified. 🤞

You did better than me.  I saw the pic but didn’t spot it until you said you spotted it. I looked closer and now it sticks out.

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am so not a baker but I do make 2 desserts that are edible.  Banana/pecan/choco chip bread (I call it cake) and banana blueberry cream pie.  The second one is the lazy baker's recipe.  Prepared graham cracker pie shell, cool whip, canned pie filling.  The bananas, however are real and in their natural state 🤣   It's funny because I don't care for bananas!

Bonnie, I didn't get the Baking Gene myself!  My 3 sisters make amazing pies, cakes, etc.  My 3 daughters and many nieces also got the baking gene...it just sort of passed me by.  I do make some cookies, and a really good carrot cake, but that's about it.

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

My youngest son has been feeling unwell since Tuesday but several LFT were negative until finally on Wednesday it was positive. He had his PCR test yesterday which has also come back positive.  So far he just has a cough, headache and feeling tired.  It was his 30th birthday weekend away this weekend which has now been cancelled.  Hoping my DIL doesn't get it. 

So fed up with this now.......😒

Happy Birthday to your son.  I hope he's doing well.

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

One of our favorite Christmas presents arrived yesterday, from our son in California.  Every year, they have sent us a photo calendar, and we always enjoyed seeing new photos each month. 

My Pennsylvania grandkids have been doing artwork calendars, and I hope we get a new one from them for next year. 

Our Christmas celebration will be this Saturday at our house.  Our Pennsylvania grandkids will be opening all those presents under our tree. 

A dear friend of ours from Pa./Naples gets a beautiful photo calendar annually from one of her granddaughters with the monthly events spent with all of her family.  She is blessed with 5 granddaughters and 6 great granddaughters.  Lois just turned 90 last month and cherishes her calendar.

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Just come down to a beautiful Florida beach location.  No tests, no masks (if you pick the right area), further south then my area will be warm and the beaches will be nice. 

Soon!!!!!  Where in Florida are you, if you don't mind my asking, Keksie?

I can't wait to get to our favorite beach!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

They love to have drawing competitions when they are here. The “judge” picks a scene or subject, and everyone has to draw it within 10 minutes.

I love this idea.  The grandkids love to draw.  I hope I remember to suggest it.  The plan is for them to spend the night with us tonight!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Owen is making such memories of his growing up years. I wish we could all be there to cheer him and his team on!

+1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Here’s the top of the windows on the landing.  Not enough sunshine right now but you get the idea…

image.thumb.jpeg.e8a704c244ff7c17540a351d810408d5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e22d0880effea9d54c86f564323f5e13.jpeg

Beautiful!  Our over 100 year old home we lived in for 42 years on Staten Island had two beautiful stained glass windows in our hallway.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

My granddaughter would have been 5 when she drew that one.

The grandkids love to draw, and we display their drawings all along the chair rail in our dining room.  They love to have drawing competitions when they are here. The “judge” picks a scene or subject, and everyone has to draw it within 10 minutes. We get some interesting drawings, especially when Susan and I draw. 😂😂

We do have a few pieces of their artwork on nightlights and potholders. 

350F456D-90C0-46DC-831A-99B1C3BD1A3F.thumb.jpeg.357ed78a3c384a3ed0e002e4ecfa231f.jpeg

9DEF5F35-DA7D-4D3A-B522-8B07CAF689B9.thumb.jpeg.1e62b465cb4f049b41b46b37a5f2edf2.jpeg

984E3DAE-7E14-4DF2-83D3-6823193ECF2A.thumb.jpeg.a0c4953a557e9d459ba4a4e7fd84cbbc.jpeg

Wow Mark, your grandchildren are very talented indeed!  I love how their artwork has been preserved in this manner.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

When we lived in Rockland County which borders NJ, we loved eating in NJ diners, notably The Park Ridge Diner. Never had a bad meal in 27 years.

There are at least 3 diners here in Forked River, with 2 of them practically across the street from each other, and a third one less than a mile from the other 2.

34 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We do have some good diners!

For sure, Marietta!  For sure!!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Soon!!!!!  Where in Florida are you, if you don't mind my asking, Keksie?

I can't wait to get to our favorite beach!!

We are in the Panhandle so it does get cold and the beaches while still beautiful are a tad cold to swim in.  Right now it is 70 but cloudy.  We live between the beach and the Alabama border.  Close to Pensacola and 45 minutes to the beach.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

+1

Beautiful!  Our over 100 year old home we lived in for 42 years on Staten Island had two beautiful stained glass windows in our hallway.

Wow Mark, your grandchildren are very talented indeed!  I love how their artwork has been preserved in this manner.

There are at least 3 diners here in Forked River, with 2 of them practically across the street from each other, and a third one less than a mile from the other 2.

For sure, Marietta!  For sure!!

Most if not all the diners we frequented were Greek owned/operated.  They sure know their way around the kitchen...yum.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

My youngest son has been feeling unwell since Tuesday but several LFT were negative until finally on Wednesday it was positive. He had his PCR test yesterday which has also come back positive.  So far he just has a cough, headache and feeling tired.  It was his 30th birthday weekend away this weekend which has now been cancelled.  Hoping my DIL doesn't get it. 

I'm sorry to hear your son has Covid Sue and having to miss his 30th birthday celebration weekend.

I hope he is feeling better soon and your DIL stays covid free.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211024_211944.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Oh no, so sorry to hear that.  I wish your Son a speedy recovery and that everyone else stays well🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm currently sitting at riteaid for my pfizer booster.  I see why they have certain hours for walkins.  Steady stream of people, about 15 or 20 people ahead of me.

I am currently in San Diego staying with a friend.  We got our boosters at CVS, 2 weeks ago this coming Sunday.  They do not take walk-ins as there is such a high demand, they require appt. made on-line and the pharmacist told me that every time slot was booked for the next several weeks.  I was very pleased to hear that.  San Diego (like much of CA) has also reinstated the mask requirement for indoor public places.  While I am comfortable wearing a mask if required, I will tell you the vast majority I see are not wearing and the city is not enforcing it, leaving it up to individual business owners.

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:
1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Ditto on everything Graham said!

Double Ditto from me.

And another Ditto from me.  Messing up special occasions is another thing I hate about Covid.

I am thinking a Ditto button would be nice. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Some may remember me calling Sharon my personal TA.  She really enjoys planning things out.  She just spent the last hour helping a neighbor plan out a spring Disney/Universal trip. Her daughter is graduating and this is her grad gift. They looked at flights, when to visit parks, rather to stay at one part and Lyft/Uber to the other or split the stay.  The neighbor appreciated the help.

• Like 5

We tried to get our Moderna booster today as walk-ins at CVS.  Our CVS takes walk-ins and it would have only been a 10-15 minute wait, but they only had the Pfizer booster.  The nurse said there was no problem mixing the Pfizer booster with the original Moderna shots (since they're both mRNA), but Micheline felt more comfortable staying all Moderna.  CVS said that both the Publix Pharmacy across the street and the Walgreens down the block has Moderna boosters.  Publix wasn't taking walk-ins but had appointments available for tomorrow afternoon, so we'll do it tomorrow. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We tried to get our Moderna booster today as walk-ins at CVS.  Our CVS takes walk-ins and it would have only been a 10-15 minute wait, but they only had the Pfizer booster.  The nurse said there was no problem mixing the Pfizer booster with the original Moderna shots (since they're both mRNA), but Micheline felt more comfortable staying all Moderna.  CVS said that both the Publix Pharmacy across the street and the Walgreens down the block has Moderna boosters.  Publix wasn't taking walk-ins but had appointments available for tomorrow afternoon, so we'll do it tomorrow. 

You should get Pfizer I bought stock in it a few months ago it is doing very well. Heading to downtown will spend the night at a really nice new Hilton, then cross the street to see Leann Rimes Christmas concert. ( Bills must win Sunday if they want to make the playoffs) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, George C said:

( Bills must win Sunday if they want to make the playoffs) 

I've lowered my expectations this year.  They might make the playoffs but probably won't go far.  Their offensive line can't protect Josh and their defense can't stop the run.  Not a good combo.  Losing Tre White for the year was the final straw.  I was WAY too emotionally invested and was causing myself way too much stress when watching the games.  They should win at least 3 of their remaining 4 games, but I said the same thing about playing the Jags and the Colts.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've lowered my expectations this year.  They might make the playoffs but probably won't go far.  Their offensive line can't protect Josh and their defense can't stop the run.  Not a good combo.  Losing Tre White for the year was the final straw.  I was WAY too emotionally invested and was causing myself way too much stress when watching the games.  They should win at least 3 of their remaining 4 games, but I said the same thing about playing the Jags and the Colts.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Agree they have recently been very disappointing , but as a great Yankee once said it ain’t over till it’s over .