Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Domino D said:

Following this logic, the Boss Lady must be planning out menus all weekend.  She likes to be "inspired" much of Saturday and Sunday.

Lockdown has changed days of the week for this chef...to ummm...let's see.  Seven!  😉 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I do miss my big Denny's breakfast when we are in Orlando.

Me too, especially the hash browns 😁

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have been to our local outlet mall and now we are sitting in the car eating sandwiches.

Very romantic, with the rain pouring on the windows !!! Done this with M&S chicken salad sandwiches too....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just curious --

"Omaha steaks" -- is it the brand name, or the cows in Omaha are special?? (Like they say about Kobe steaks, 1500$ per kilo, daily massage, free beer, etc.😁??)

It's a brand name.   They do bulk of their business through mail/online orders but do have some stores scattered around the US.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just curious --

"Omaha steaks" -- is it the brand name, or the cows in Omaha are special?? (Like they say about Kobe steaks, 1500$ per kilo, daily massage, free beer, etc.😁??)

Omaha steaks is a brand name that started and is still located in Omaha, Nebraska.  People like their meat but I don't believe that it is considered as superior as Kobe beef.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's a brand name.   They do bulk of their business through mail/online orders but do have some stores scattered around the US.

7 minutes ago, singinalot said:

It's the brand name. They are based out of Omaha, Nebraska. 🙂  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_Steaks

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is story on how they began in Latvia.  

https://www.mashed.com/209862/the-untold-truth-of-omaha-steaks/

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Omaha steaks is a brand name that started and is still located in Omaha, Nebraska.  People like their meat but I don't believe that it is considered as superior as Kobe beef.  

Thanks all -- very impressive. Immigrant Jews from Riga (Latvia) to Ellis Island and Nebraska -- the epitome of the "American dream" 👍

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and I imagine the price is not 150-200$ per pound... I've just seen on TV a Kobe steak priced at 1500$ (ONE steak...).

Yes Kobe beef is ridiculously expensive and, personally, I don't find it as great as a lot of people.  Only had it once but it was very fatty.  Maybe I just got a bad portion.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Yes Kobe beef is ridiculously expensive and, personally, I don't find it as great as a lot of people.  Only had it once but it was very fatty.  Maybe I just got a bad portion.

I had a Kobe steak at a steakhouse in Cincinnati.  It was good but not so much to justify the added cost compared to a "normal" steak.  Definitely felt like we were paying for the name.  I'm more of a filet guy than a sirloin guy and am not a fan of marbled fat, even though everyone says that's what gives it the taste.

I was later in Kobe on business and a friend took me to a small teppanyaki restaurant.  The steak there was absolutely fantastic.  Don't know if the meat there was better, or the atmosphere being in Japan made me think the meat was better.  Either way, it lived up to it's reputation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm more of a filet guy than a sirloin guy and am not a fan of marbled fat, even though everyone says that's what gives it the taste.

I'm the same way.  Maybe if I ever get to Japan I'll give it another shot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The steaks are prime, which means they are very good, and they are close to as expensive. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I think fatty is what makes it special.  Mostly here in the USA we have Wagyu which is supposedly raised and fed to the same standards here.  I am not a cattleman or a butcher so I can’t say for sure.  That said, I like both when I have had them.  Preparation is equally important.  Personally, I prefer to only eat prime when I am having a steak to choice or other lower grades.  For a stew or stroganoff... I save the money.  

• Like 2

Making the drive to Florida to a house we have rented.  It looks like we are part of a mass migration, with all the NY, PA, and OH plates.  At least it is a beautiful day for a drive. 

B275B84F-EEB2-430E-BDFA-56AA602AD0CD.thumb.jpeg.3477e737a4ff3b7b13dc077c068ca324.jpeg

Looks like we still have a ways to go.  

• Like 5