Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Another wet week here in Sydney. This week,  we have been warned we can except an increase in funnel web spiders and that they will be more active due to these ongoing wet conditions.  Reminded DH that he needs to shake his sneakers that he keeps outside near the front door before putting them on.   if we see one, the Australian Reptile Park has asked that  a “responsible adult” (not going to be me!) catches them live and takes  them to the Reptile Park for their milking program for anti-venom. The male Sydney Funnel Web is deadly and when my daughter was in hospital a couple of months ago, the guy in the bed next bed had been bitten and he was having a rough time of it. We’ve never found one on our property  but friends who live locally often find them in their pools.

7B14D212-A4B9-49DD-884D-E1C258F3B7B2.png

I really really want to visit Australia and we hope to in the Autumn , but all your creepy crawlies do put me off a little 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Somewhere over the last 45,801 post there was a discussion about shows to binge watch.  I know there are several on here that liked Ozark.   Netflix just dropped the first part of season 4.  There are seven episodes now and another seven later in year for the final season of a great show.

We've started watching the first series of 'after life' on Netflix.  Watched four episodes in one go  and then the last two episodes the next  night. Started watching the second series yesterday.  

• Like 2

So I'm doing what every cruiser knows should not be done and just what I have done for every cruise.... flying down the day of the cruise. Flight got off 10 minutes early. Flight Tracker says we are at 36000 ft and on the coast line of southern New Jersey. Should land at FLL at 9:03. This plane has a LOT of people on it.

• Like 22

34 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I remember years ago on a cruise, a lady told me how they often planned weekends away around cathedral towns. Because usually they were very old and interesting cities to visit. Now we are retired I was talking to my DH just yesterday that we should do the same.

Did you visit York Minster?

Not this time.

York Minster and Durham Cathedral are must visits if you come up this way.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Yum, looks lovely. Are you on your holidays again Graham?

Been away for a couple of nights Sue.

Breakfast this morning in a Frankie and Benny's near York.

It is 7°C and partly cloudy in Harrogate.

Graham.

IMG_20220122_104916.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 13

45 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So I'm doing what every cruiser knows should not be done and just what I have done for every cruise.... flying down the day of the cruise. Flight got off 10 minutes early. Flight Tracker says we are at 36000 ft and on the coast line of southern New Jersey. Should land at FLL at 9:03. This plane has a LOT of people on it.

Safe Travels OB!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was reading about the current Oasis charter cruise.

Lot of charters all the time and nothing against that or anybody, but during covid situations.... this?..........I am at a loss for words looking at the pictures. I feel really bad for the crew. Royal allows this??!!!! (for $ 6 mill I guess anything goes but to compromise the safety of their crew during this time. by doing packed charters is just not right on Royal's part). It is a shame!
I pray that the crew stays safe.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The birth of a paella... or our 49th wedding anniversary meal 😁

IMG_6781.thumb.jpg.8027b77fc75990a9710fbb86f8dcab39.jpg

IMG_6784.thumb.jpg.896afcf5192110e5dc2600f264181f6f.jpg

IMG_6785.thumb.jpg.22ab72ca947f086b236fa47716437d3a.jpg

IMG_6787.thumb.jpg.e4f735d608dd72e206774c5caba1d726.jpg

That looks fantastic Dani.  Happy anniversary!

16 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Funny story...growing up I HATED vegetables.  Raw carrots was all I'd eat.  When I was about 10, my mom and dad tried to make me eat peas.  Put 3 (3!!!) peas on my plate.  I refused.  I remember my dad telling me he'd put them in the middle of a peanut butter sandwich, I'd never know they were there.  I refused.  Sat there until 10:00 at night.  They finally gave up. 

To this day, if I put a couple peas on a spoon and get them near my open mouth...gag reflex. Completely psychological at this point. 🤣🤢

16 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I can’t stand peas either.  Growing up I had to at least try everything that was on my plate at every meal, in case my tastes changed as I grew older.  Peas was about the only thing I was allowed to skip because my dad hated them as well.

Peas are like round green raisins @A&L_Ont 🤢

I'm the same with peas.  I can barely stand to look at them.  Not sure why.  Andrew's roast beef dinner picture looked great until I saw the peas.

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Thank you. Not surprised about the Love Island couple. And not missing them. 
I hope we see some of the others in another season. 

Didn't surprise me either.  In fact, if the show had continued when it originally started, it wouldn't have surprised me if she had walked out on him in the middle of the race.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I remember years ago on a cruise, a lady told me how they often planned weekends away around cathedral towns. Because usually they were very old and interesting cities to visit. Now we are retired I was talking to my DH just yesterday that we should do the same.

Did you visit York Minster?

The York Minster is definitely a must do.  If you are OK climbing stairs (a lot of stairs!), there is a nice view from the roof.  The Minster itself is spectacular but my favorite part was the roman ruins in the Undercroft Museum.  

_CM_8553.thumb.jpg.76fd1a3740bd9c5931e45dbd3d332bb1.jpg

_CM_8555.thumb.jpg.9a08bf147cdcf5c5283ff06422127d48.jpg

_CM_8563.thumb.jpg.89592b1c9c18fc29c4baf307f7fd3a5b.jpg

_CM_8567.thumb.jpg.7b24ad77175562ab56b633f7c45af65d.jpg

_CM_8572.thumb.jpg.414133dca7fb72ba3807fbf7df7b2f64.jpg

_CM_8585.thumb.jpg.4bff7c9fd2b47dd3a839cbdef143a3b0.jpg

_CM_8582.thumb.jpg.c5843d16dabfbe625da363b89d125976.jpg

• Like 16

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

We've started watching the first series of 'after life' on Netflix.  Watched four episodes in one go  and then the last two episodes the next  night. Started watching the second series yesterday.  

"After Life"  is on my watch list.

Just finished watching 'Archive 81', pretty good if you like weird mysterious creepy horror shows. Couple of interesting twists. Without giving anything away, there are a few disturbing themes so it's not for the faint of heart. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

32 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Made it to Ft. Lauderdale. 9°F when I left home and 70°F here right now. Feels soooo good.

You are a brave, brave man, especially flying out of the Northeast in January!  Glad it all went off without a hitch.  
We like to get there at least a couple of days early to pre-game 🙂.  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 7

The two boxes of Binax home tests we ordered Thursday night from Walmart were delivered at 8 am this morning.  I’ll stop by the library as @Sheal mentioned to see if I can get a couple more.  I’m holding off on ordering the free kits from the govt due to the timeframe. We leave at the end of the month which is when they’re supposed to be shipped.  Our mail will be held for 3 weeks by the P.O. but I don’t know if they hold packages.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you. I'm feeling the night before excitement. Sleep will be hard to come by tonight. The plan is a Miami Vice and an afternoon nap in the solarium.☺

I like your plan. I hope you have a fantastic cruise. Please send us some pics and let us know the fun you will be having. Best wishes to you. Cheers to you and a Miami Vice.

15 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Whew!  Finally caught up.
I’m currently on the Navigator for  B2B (in Puerto Vallarta today).  

For those with upcoming cruises…enjoy!

Love all the animal updates and photos; keep them coming…..except for the spiders and snakes 🙀.

Everyone stay healthy.

Pat

Have a great time. Let me know your impressions of Puerto Vallarta. I have always been interested in going there.

15 hours ago, derorim said:

If your phone’s pictures get uploaded to Google Photos, install Google Photos on your iPad.  It’s available in the App Store on your iPad.   Then download the photo you want from Google Photos to your iPad.  

I've done this and it works great.

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m looking forward to it also, have read all the books.  And I agree Tom Cruise bore zero “resemblance” to Jack Reacher!

Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to checking this series out.

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

I cleaned one of my office drawers today and found these gems from our first cruise together in 2014….we were babies! And I was a lot lighter! 😱😮🤣

Great photos. I love this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

You are a brave, brave man, especially flying out of the Northeast in January!  Glad it all went off without a hitch.  
We like to get there at least a couple of days early to pre-game 🙂.  

Maybe someday when I'm retired but for now I do what I can.... and say a few prayers!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The birth of a paella...

18 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It looks delicious

18 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

That looks delicious Dani! Paella is one of my favorite dishes but I’ve never tried making it.  

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Looks delicious Dani. Graham.

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That looks tasty.

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

There needs to be a more appropriate icon that just “like” for all these delicious food posts.  @dani negreanu I have never had Paella but would like to start with your Anniversary meal. Looks absolutely delicious.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That looks fantastic Dani. 

It WAS delicious. Well worth the mess DH is doing when cooking.... 😁

13 hours ago, Sheal said:

@dani negreanuI'm not a seafood lover but the presentation on that dish was beautiful!

Apart from DH [who doesn't eat meat], all our family are die hard carnivores....

Since it was both his b'day and our anniversary, we "compromised" 💕

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

We flew the day before a cruise once…to Barcelona. Which meant, of course, arriving the morning of. 
I wasn’t worried till our flight out of Atlanta was delayed. 
The next couple of hours I spent trying to remember if it’s heading east or west over the Atlantic that the winds push the plane. 
We arrived in plenty of time but ever since then we fly two days prior, even domestically. 

• Like 5