Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Many of my friends  that have made the migrations seem to be adapting well. They are only all too happy to leave the taxes/policies behind. Mostly the taxes.  Policies are just an added bonus, for most.

Still, I'd take a good old fashion snow storm over a hurricane any day. There is nothing fun about a hurricane.

Luv a good hurricane. You have a week to prep. Then hunker down

• Haha 2

I've been on an Eggnog kick this year.  Anyone have a good recipe for a (non-store bought) eggnog cocktail?  I've got eggs, half and half (can't find heavy cream anywhere), sugar, spice rum, brandy, bourbon.  I think I have all raw materials from most online recipes except for fresh nutmeg.  I have ground nutmeg from the baking aisle though.

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been on an Eggnog kick this year.  Anyone have a good recipe for a (non-store bought) eggnog cocktail?  I've got eggs, half and half (can't find heavy cream anywhere), sugar, spice rum, brandy, bourbon.  I think I have all raw materials from most online recipes except for fresh nutmeg.  I have ground nutmeg from the baking aisle though.

I've had luck with homemade Bailey's 

Eggnog was a bust, good luck 

Edited by John&LaLa

Merry Christmas to one and all.  I just realized I haven’t seen a Christmas tree for many pages on here.  Here is mine from our Christmas celebration last Saturday.  

The kids got a kick out of the Lego setup beneath the tree, including my sad attempt at a cruise ship since this is the only way I am seeing them lately.  It didn’t take them long to see what could get run over on the tracks. 😁 The pony at the end lasted quite a ways

Enjoy your holidays. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Merry Christmas to one and all.  I just realized I haven’t seen a Christmas tree for many pages on here.  Here is mine from our Christmas celebration last Saturday.  

The kids got a kick out of the Lego setup beneath the tree, including my sad attempt at a cruise ship since this is the only way I am seeing them lately.  It didn’t take them long to see what could get run over on the tracks. 😁 The pony at the end lasted quite a ways

Enjoy your holidays. 

Looks great!  Nice job on cruise ship too!  I miss the days of having the lionel's set up around the tree.    May just have to do that next year. 

Merry Christmas!  Enjoy your family!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We were ALL thrown in a situation which nobody could have been prepared for. The last pandemic was not in our lifetime.

A huge part of this "boring" (and routine) life was taken from us.

Nice words Dani.....Merry Christmas from our part of the world to yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

We ate our charcuterie and headed to the Broadmoor and surrounding neighborhoods for Christmas lights. The Broadmoor property is just beautiful. Merry Christmas Everyone!

40E32235-879F-4A40-A9AC-6851D615D58D.jpeg

600CCED4-8521-46AC-936E-B0579B8DC01A.jpeg

DD37EEE8-D794-4CD0-B66C-D2E38F9F8EDA.jpeg

1C048E6A-BA40-4EAB-A0A2-06CB77934B60.jpeg

169141F9-A322-4FE5-823E-4581A2AA2D4A.jpeg

051753BD-5CCA-4BA5-B353-97A3076FE053.jpeg

3B141664-D7FC-47B0-A957-D7D29BB83034.jpeg

1AF195F0-17CB-4BAE-A371-2C26109CB3FF.jpeg

I love driving and looking at lights. They are so happy. That is gorgeous. Too cold here to drive around - below zero and we just had a nasty storm. John retires in about a year. I should be able to talk him into something warm for winters. His favorite jab at me: "if your bottom lip got any lower you'd be walking on it."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We were ALL thrown in a situation which nobody could have been prepared for. The last pandemic was not in our lifetime.

Even those who are working -- they used to go to movies, theater, opera, travel, dine out, meet friends, go shopping or window shopping, meet family, etc. Myself, I'm working part time at home, and used to swim 5 days a week -- the pool was closed 3 months ago, when we started the 2nd lockdown. This Sunday, we'll start the 3rd lockdown, hopefully the last, with the advent of vaccines.

A huge part of this "boring" (and routine) life was taken from us.

But, we still manage to post pictures of snow blowing, walking and eating sandwiches on the seaside, showing the various decorations for Christmas, bike rides, pets, food, grandkids, etc.

None of them are boring. Please don't be shy and take part 🌼

Well said Dani.

This lovely thread has kept us all together through covid19 and my thanks to you Dani for starting and participating every day to keep the thread going.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas.

Love Graham & Pauline x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1