Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You still have a bag phone???  Not sure if I should be impressed or worried.  It actually might be worth something now.

That bag phone was our first phone in 1992.

We shared one and had a limit on minutes with carrier.

The DH kept this as well as the others until you could cash in when you got a new phone.

Yup, kept a few momentos after we filled a dumpster cleaning out the cellar.

Stay safe

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

That bag phone was our first phone in 1992.

If I remember correctly, my dad had one in 1986. Like you, it was by the minute back then.  Coverage here in Canada was extremely limited at that point.

I only remember because I would have been in grade 9 and I remember the car.  I would have been the same age as Owen.  God, I now feel old. 😱

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, singinalot said:

their overall lack of communication and understanding throughout the process made me withdraw from the opportunity

That's a big "minus" in my book. I'm sure there'll be other great opportunities for you. You're a very hard working and talented "gal". Is Tampa near the place you'll be living from June?

Glad that you had a relaxing week in Mexico. The best remedy to get all the stress from our system 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

@Ocean Boy

OB. It’s frustrating the cost of new phones. 

But I am willing to assist anyone needing a replacement phone from my collection. 

Take your pick from the ones shown below. 
Come with chargers / batteries. 

Price negotiable. 

402A355D-22F8-4855-A91D-AE5EC707491C.jpeg

Ive had most of those through work. I remember thinking how cool is it to have a bag phone.

47 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay, the wait is over!E66AC393-B382-4420-BCD2-B387BED9B4C6.thumb.jpeg.8cfcb07f2c14681abaf38c6a7547f2e9.jpeg

Cheers!!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thanks for this thoughtfulness 😘

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't overwhelmed! so much going on.

We just got back from a week in Mexico. a beautiful, fun, and relaxing week.  Today, in Colorado, it's negative temperatures. I'm missing the beach. I was thinking about doing a trip report, but the Playa Del Carmen board hasn't really been posted on in 2 years.

Two weeks ago I had a confidential conversation with my boss and told him I was going to be resigning soon. We discussed how much time he'd like me to give, etc. I'll be giving 75 day notice on Feb 28. 🙂

prior to that conversation though, I was actually interviewing with a major employer in Tampa and was in the final round of the interview process. It was a quite stressful 3 weeks for me. Because of the opportunity that it was, I was going to agree to quit early and move early (without Nate, our dog, and our things).  The closer we got to decision time, I just couldn't do it.  I had even packed up a majority of things already, but it was just too much and their overall lack of communication and understanding throughout the process made me withdraw from the opportunity. 

As for wedding plans, oh my goodness.  It's been a constant. I've got a call tomorrow with the band to finalize all of the timelines for that. I made individual itineraries for everyone in the wedding party, too.

AND the ACM awards have been announcing all of the performers for the show. I am beyond ecstatic. It will be such a nice end to the stressful month. Nate says I'll never need to go to another concert ever since practically all my favorites are going to be there. LOL. yeah right! he wishes 🙂

Although your plate is full you seem to be doing well.  That's good!

Your week in Mexico sounds like it was a stress buster and attending the ACM awards and your sister's wedding is something to look forward to.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, singinalot said:

We just got back from a week in Mexico. a beautiful, fun, and relaxing week.  Today, in Colorado, it's negative temperatures. I'm missing the beach. I was thinking about doing a trip report, but the Playa Del Carmen board hasn't really been posted on in 2 years.

Two weeks ago I had a confidential conversation with my boss and told him I was going to be resigning soon. We discussed how much time he'd like me to give, etc. I'll be giving 75 day notice on Feb 28. 🙂

prior to that conversation though, I was actually interviewing with a major employer in Tampa and was in the final round of the interview process. It was a quite stressful 3 weeks for me. Because of the opportunity that it was, I was going to agree to quit early and move early (without Nate, our dog, and our things).  The closer we got to decision time, I just couldn't do it.  I had even packed up a majority of things already, but it was just too much and their overall lack of communication and understanding throughout the process made me withdraw from the opportunity. 

As for wedding plans, oh my goodness.  It's been a constant. I've got a call tomorrow with the band to finalize all of the timelines for that. I made individual itineraries for everyone in the wedding party, too.

AND the ACM awards have been announcing all of the performers for the show. I am beyond ecstatic. It will be such a nice end to the stressful month. Nate says I'll never need to go to another concert ever since practically all my favorites are going to be there. LOL. yeah right! he wishes 🙂

Reading your busy life helps me once again to give thanks for retirement!  Oh to be young again.  Good to see all is going well for you and Nate.  Go give Nate a nice hug and when he gets a big smile say…. Oh, that’s from John!  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

What cuties! Great pic!!

Thanks Greg.  I was just thinking of you.  I was reading a review of a new 360 camera coming out. Ricoh Theta X.  So hard to pull the trigger on new toys.  I was thinking it would be nice to have on our whale watching tour.  Have it on a stick and hold it above everyone. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I think in your  heart you did the right thing. You will know when the right opportunity comes. You are obviously very talented. I hope things slow down enough for you to smell the roses. All the best wished to you and Nate!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Ocean Boy

But I am willing to assist anyone needing a replacement phone from my collection. 

Price negotiable. 

Dick gave me my first cell phone for my birthday. It was an Ericsson and enormous. 
He finally realized I wasn’t taking it to work, and complained he had spent all that money and I didn’t want it. 
I told him I was hoping that for Christmas he’d give me a purse big enough to carry a brick in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

@Sea DogGreg, I saw this the other day and immediately thought of you but didn’t take a picture at the time to show you.  Today, I made a trip back to the store so I can take the picture.  It is not exactly a sea dog but it’s close.  It is Men’s Izod from Kohl’s.  This is the back of the t-shirt.

6D936C52-A7EC-44A7-BD29-0C19B2527B88.thumb.jpeg.06064437f697813af0d76e5aa5924fd4.jpeg

You can search for it on Kohls.com.  Sku#014056119845

• Like 12

Finally getting caught up, here and in general. We arrived home around 10 pm Saturday night.  It was nice to have a short visit with our oldest and our 3 grandsons, then we had our 2 granddaughters from Sunday morning until Monday afternoon. We had offered to do that because their Mom & Dad needed a break after the 3 girls had Covid at the same time. Turns out it was a good thing SIL had it back in January so he could care for them.  Then my youngest calls today to tell me she tested positive this morning! The wrinkle there is she had gone to visit her oldest sister in PA for the long weekend, so it seems like now we’ve all been exposed.  Andy woke with cold symptoms this morning, did a rapid test and was negative.   I have no symptoms but also took a rapid test & was negative.  We’ll both test again in a couple of days.  Now just unpacking & getting caught up on laundry.  And I have to start cooking again lol.  It’s not the cooking I mind (I actually love to) it’s the thinking of what to cook.  
I will be celebrating National Margarita Day tonight. 
@DaniDanielle glad you received good news from the Dr

@Sea Dogadorable picture of the puppies.  Hang in there with your recovery and just think about how good one of those Old Fashioned’s will taste when you can finally enjoy one. 
Those with positive tests for yourselves & family members - I wish you mild cases and quick recoveries!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

@Ocean Boy

Price negotiable. 

I have a few of those myself!😄

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Dick gave me my first cell phone for my birthday. It was an Ericsson and enormous. 
He finally realized I wasn’t taking it to work, and complained he had spent all that money and I didn’t want it. 
I told him I was hoping that for Christmas he’d give me a purse big enough to carry a brick in. 

I more less had my first cell phone pushed on me.  I really didn’t desire having one but after having my 1st stent Sharon and the girls insisted. I remember it being a small flip phone.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

HELP!!  The letter after m, a_d the letter after a stick o_ my laptop key_oard. I pou_d o_ the keys a_d may_e it pops up after 230 tries.  A_yo_e ever have this issue?

Typi_g my _ame is impossi_le!!!

The good thing is that we can read it anyway!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1