Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have a wonderful cruise,Maryann and Jim.Maybe you will meet people from SI and or NJ 😀

Thanks Lenny!  We actually did meet a couple from Staten Island on one of our last cruises.  It surely is a small World, which keeps getting smaller and smaller the more we travel!😊

50 minutes ago, singinalot said:

hahaha considering I'm barely keeping it together, I doubt you want me as your life coach! 😁

I don't know, Crystal, you certainly do know how to juggle all of your trips, moving, interviewing, and planning a Wedding...you surely are doing an awesome job, in my book!😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree I don’t think it will win either. I am not sure who I will vote for best ensemble cast. There is no real standout. I really liked house of Gucci which was not nominated for an Academy Award. Jared Leto in that movie was amazing.

Jared Leto is a very good actor just not a household name.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I hear you, loud and clear, Mimi!  I'm still waiting for my results.  Jim is negative...yay!  Still waiting on my results.  It's been 4 and a half hours..I hate this waiting game!☹️

Where did you get your tests done?   I hate that waiting game too. 

I think I might try to get appointments at Walgreens in Florida next Thursday.  We have some of the proctored ones we will bring with us too, and will probably use a couple of the ones we got from the government to pre-test before we fly. 

It has been worry some, since Susan has had cold symptoms the last couple of days.  Probably just a cold she picked up from the grandkids.  Don’t think it is Covid, because the grands had it early last month.  That is, unless they can pick it up again and spread it again, but they did test negative with this round.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

It's 64 degrees where right now but in about 36 hours, I will be enjoying the weather you are currently having.  Not quite sure if it's going to be just a wintry mix of sleet & ice or 5-8 inches of snow.

Fingers crossed I get to play with the snowblower one more time! ✌️🌨️❄️

66 here and likely similiar weather on Friday.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I might add it was unseasonable hot in NJ  for a June 17th wedding.  My wife was melting in her wedding dress.

It was 85 degrees and the church didn't turn on their Air Conditioner until the morning of the wedding and it didn't cool for crap !!

She still talks about !

13445383_10209452881788543_3928219895554611260_n.jpg

Your wife’s gown is wonderful! She looks lovely in it. 
I like the trend of having bridesmaids choose their own gowns staying with the same color. The attendants can chose a style that works for them. 
The groom looks pretty good, too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks Lenny!  We actually did meet a couple from Staten Island on one of our last cruises.  It surely is a small World, which keeps getting smaller and smaller the more we travel!😊

I e-mail with 11 people who post on CC.I met 8 of them on cruises and became friends with them.I also occasionally e-mail with Bella’s male human.Two of the people I never met but became friendly on CC.Through the course of e-mails I found out that one guy and his wife lived a few blocks away from Toby and I during the same years.My feeling was that we have to know some of the same people.

They had good friends and lost touch with the couple 40 years ago.We met the couple 38 years ago and became friends with them.That is really a small world.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Where did you get your tests done?   I hate that waiting game too. 

I think I might try to get appointments at Walgreens in Florida next Thursday.  We have some of the proctored ones we will bring with us too, and will probably use a couple of the ones we got from the government to pre-test before we fly. 

It has been worry some, since Susan has had cold symptoms the last couple of days.  Probably just a cold she picked up from the grandkids.  Don’t think it is Covid, because the grands had it early last month.  That is, unless they can pick it up again and spread it again, but they did test negative with this round.  

We had them done at Walgreens near us (in Naples) at 9:15 this morning.  I am still waiting (7 hours).  I just called our friends who will be traveling with us, and they also had their tests done at the same location.  When our TA made the appts for us, she said it usually takes 15 minutes to a half hour to hear the results (looks like we're the exception..lol!)  At least I feel better, after hearing that our friends are also waiting.  Jim told us he'll send us a Post Card from the ship😁

I totally know how worrisome it can be with Susan having a cold right now.  Using the government tests prior to your trip will help to alleviate your worries.  Good luck, Mark!

• Like 4

Lisa and I tested negative again today, and a Owen is feeling better yet again. Lisa and I have had headaches but no other symptoms.  We half wonder if it’s our bodies fighting the virus. I haven’t had a headache like this that I can remember. 

Owen’s team lost 4-2 last night against the top ranked team in their playoff group. They play them again Friday night, and if all goes well Owen will be playing against them. 

Weather report, cold again and snow is in the air. Weather in a couple weeks looks to be above freezing daily during the daytime. The sun is setting later and rising sooner. Spring feels like it is near. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 13

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and I tested negative again today, and a Owen is feeling better yet again. Lisa and I have had headaches but no other symptoms.  We half wonder if it’s our bodies fighting the virus. I haven’t had a headache like this that I can remember. 

Owen’s team lost 4-2 last night against the top ranked team in their playoff group. They play them again Friday night, and if all goes well Owen will be playing against them. 

Weather report, cold again and snow is in the air. Weather in a couple weeks looks to be above freezing daily during the daytime. The sun is setting later and rising sooner. Spring feels like it is near. 

Very good that you are all feeling better.Hoping for a victory in Friday’s game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheal said:

I must be in the bottom 5%.  I ordered them on the soft opening day and they will be delivered on Saturday.

Maybe I received your covid test kits.     We had not received a confirmation email for our test kit order but received 4 kits 2 weeks ago.    This past weekend I received the email saying I would receive them by 2/28.    Guess what I received 4 more kits in todays mail.    

Now we have 11 of the free government test kits (8 by mail - 4 from county pick up site minus 1 used on MIL) and we have 3 emed kits left for future cruises.     

If anyone needs any, let me know.     I hope I will never have to use all of these kits. 

• Like 3

On 2/21/2022 at 9:14 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I bet you will like it a lot.  I bet you will love the camera quality.  I have the S21 ultra.  I looked at the s22 last week.  Looks like the big difference is the s22 has an improved battery.  My s21 battery as been great.  Mine also as 256gb of memory.  I take a lot of pics and videos while on a cruise and I have not yet come close to running out of space.  I do unload them to a storage device when I get home.  I upgraded from an S7 so there was a lot for me to learn.  Let us now how you like it.

I have a question for you. When you migrated to your S21 did your various passwords to wifi networks move too or did they all have to be re-entered when trying to connect for the first time?

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Well Greg, how about saving a dance for me on our Bella Cruise next year??

Maryann, You got it. I would be honored!

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Even when people will debate those two topics with such a passion that they will each earn a 2 week timeout to play monopoly, I always take the approach that if they were to meet in real life, on a cruise, they would be civil and respectful to each other. Maye even enjoy each others company as we all have a shared interest in cruising.

Having said that, I'm glad everyone here agrees to observe the "truce" and leave certain subjects to the main boards.  It is a special group of friends.

I almost feel like we're in a Hallmark card commercial.😇😉

Totally agree! I think our group could be a model for everyone.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe I received your covid test kits.     We had not received a confirmation email for our test kit order but received 4 kits 2 weeks ago.    This past weekend I received the email saying I would receive them by 2/28.    Guess what I received 4 more kits in todays mail.    

Now we have 11 of the free government test kits (8 by mail - 4 from county pick up site minus 1 used on MIL) and we have 3 emed kits left for future cruises.     

If anyone needs any, let me know.     I hope I will never have to use all of these kits. 

Quick question Debbie.  Where did you order the e-med tests from?  I’m planning ahead for our cruise on 4/3, thinking I’ll get a couple of the proctored tests and also schedule rapid tests at a Walgreens or CVS, that way we’ll have a backup in case something goes wonky.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I might add it was unseasonable hot in NJ  for a June 17th wedding.  My wife was melting in her wedding dress.

It was 85 degrees and the church didn't turn on their Air Conditioner until the morning of the wedding and it didn't cool for crap !!

She still talks about !

13445383_10209452881788543_3928219895554611260_n.jpg

Beautiful Everything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where is this Allure review?

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Since Crystal is busy, I'm more than happy to "stand by"...😎

And once you click into the Allure review, you can find a link to her Greek Isle cruise. I think I need to cancel my plans for the rest of the evening. 😁  Glad Friday is shaping up to be a snow day, it allow to to catch up.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have a question for you. When you migrated to your S21 did your various passwords to wifi networks move too or did they all have to be re-entered when trying to connect for the first time?

I believe I had to re-enter wifi passwords. I am glad you asked.  If you visit many websites on your phone only right now you need to write down the passwords for later.  I lucked out and was able to find most on my computer and iPad .  Also my app passwords have been the hardest to deal with.  There may of been a better way to move it all over.  There may be a way to back this stuff up on a cloud then move.  If I remember correctly I just went from phone to phone.    Also 5g was not working on it right away.  I had to take it in to an ATT store to get it to work.  I originally was using my old SIM card in the s21 and they replaced it.  Where 5g is good I have had speed test show 150 mbps +.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I feel the same... the anticipation was half the fun. I haven't even looked at the shore excursions for our next cruise in June...

So sad -- a pivotal feeling has been taken from us [among other things].

Dani, a lot of those ports in Greece you can easily do your own thing, (if they let us)

Unless you want the  expert guided tour.

I've tentatively mapped out what we may do in some of the ports 

Did you hear that Italy has lifted the covid test rule if your fully vaxxed ?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

OB, this might help ya:

https://android.imyfone.com/undelete-android/view-saved-wifi-passwords-google-account/#part1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Since Crystal is busy, I'm more than happy to "stand by"...😎

Thank you. We’re sailing on Allure for the first time in August, so I appreciate your standing in for the Wedding Planner. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Dani, a lot of those ports in Greece you can easily do your own thing, (if they let us)

Will "they" let us or will "they" not? That's THE question.

We're 100% DIY people. I think in all our cruises, we've taken a ship's tour in St. Thomas [ferry to St. John, didn't want to deal with it alone] and in Tenerife to go to Logo Park [very convenient].

OTOH, we like to join private tours on our roll calls.

I've tentatively mapped out what we may do in some of the ports 

We've already been to Oia/Santorini.

Rhodes -- I'd like to go to Lindos.

Did you hear that Italy has lifted the covid test rule if your fully vaxxed ?

Yes, I'm following 🙏

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

When we thought that Jim only had a cold, I had a headache and stuffy nose.  It turned out that Jim did have Covid;  I was negative both times we tested (with the home tests)  I'm glad to hear that Owen is doing well.

It sounds like Owen's team really missed him last night.  They'll be glad to have Owen back for their game on Friday!

Stay warm, Andrew!!

• Like 3