Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We're having a busy day today.  We are celebrating St. Patrick's Day at the pool today with music and corned beef sandwiches.  This evening, Jim and I are hosting a 90th Birthday/ Farewell get together for our dear friend Lois.  Lois turned 90 this past November, and she has mixed feelings, but decided it was time for her to sell her Condo here.  She and her deceased husband, Bert, bought their Condo around the same time that Jim and I bought ours, 20 years ago.  She will be missed.  We do sometimes visit Lois and her sons and granddaughters and great granddaughters when they rent a house in Stone Harbor in the Summer.

Have a wonderful day everyone!🥰

• Like 10

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Happy Birthday to your daughter Bonnie, Hope she has a lovely day 

38 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@BonTexasNY

Happy Birthday to your sweet granddaughter Channing, and a joyous and Blessed Purim to you and Jack today!

Thank you Sue and Maryann!

Another photo of our birthday girl:

May be an image of person, child and standing

• Like 14

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We sail Sunday, fingers and toes crossed all 4 of us pass our covid tests Friday.   Eric and I scheduled for 1vpm at CVS.   Kids go later in the day when done work.   Chris should pass since he had covid at Christmas.

Have a wonderful cruise Debbie!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We haven’t heard from @bobmacliberty lately. I hope all is well and he’s just busy doing fun things.  

12 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Yes. Radio silence. 

I'm still here.  Thanks for your concern.  We've had mostly a great last week, but not without a few problems.  I'll give you the long story here, but I won't "bury the lead"...my 23 year old daughter Andie got engaged last night.  Everyone is extremely happy and excited.

We flew last Friday to Allentown, PA and then drove to Scranton from there for my wife's niece's wedding.  The wedding was at my sister in law's house which is an 8,000 square foot mansion that sit's high atop a hill in a rural area with gorgeous views for miles.  It's a beautiful setting, except for when there's a snow storm dropping 6-8 inches and blustery winds blowing drifts, and you need to get guests, caterers, flowers, etc. up their very long, driveway.  They had a few last minute cancellations due to weather but that's where one of the potentially good outcomes of Covid helped...we put a mobile phone on a tripod and scheduled a Zoom meeting so others could attend remotely.  The wedding and reception were otherwise perfect.  Here's a view of the weather outside our hotel window, and the main living room where the ceremony was held.

IMG_8530.thumb.jpg.56258039d03a9130fc965dfb04ca86ca.jpg

APC_2667.thumb.JPG.6ef4b64f9bbf5f4ca7b354847e38df97.JPG

On Monday, we drove back to Allentown for our flight back to Jacksonville, meeting Andie and her boyfriend Kaleb in Atlanta on the way there.  They were coming to visit us for a week.  Kaleb had already asked for my permission to marry Andie a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know how common that still is but it was a nice touch.  It also allowed him to work with us in advance on how he could make the proposal a perfect setting.   He wanted to ask her on the beach, ideally at sunset.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling great on the flight from ATL to JAX, and that got progressively worse.  Stuffy head, chest cough, and then chills and body aches when we got home.  I tested myself for Covid on Tuesday and was negative, so I'm guessing it's just a run of the mill case of the flu.  I stayed in bed all day on Tuesday while Micheline, Andie, and Kaleb did a few things on the island.  Plan A had been that the 4 of us were to have dinner at our beach club on Tuesday.  Before dinner, we'd walk to the Ritz Carlton for a drink at their bar overlooking the beach.  Andie and Kaleb would walk to the beach at some point with us trailing behind.  He'd propose with us capturing the moment in video and pictures.  The 2 of them alone would then go to our club to have dinner as a newly engaged couple with champagne waiting at their table.  Between my sickness and rain Tuesday night, we had to cancel plan A.  Micheline also started getting the same symptoms that I had on Tuesday night.  She also tested negative for Covid.

Between DayQuil and NyQuil, we were able to function during the day.  We got a few hours of beach/pool time when the sun came out yesterday and then had an early 5:30 dinner together last night.  Plan B was to go to the Ritz bar for an after dinner drink and try again.  Andie however now had the same symptoms and was not feeling good.  She took some DayQuil when we got home and within a few minutes was up for going with us to the Ritz.  The timing worked out perfectly as the sunset was reflecting pink off the clouds over the ocean.  

They've been dating for 6.5 years and are both very practical.  They both knew they would get engaged but were waiting for Andie to finish grad school this spring and for some of their friend's weddings/engagements to get "out of their way".  Although Andie knew that a proposal was eventually coming, the timing caught her completely by surprise. 😁

APC_2749.thumb.JPG.ae286f6fb804b5f9e3b9830cc51c4c8f.JPG

APC_2750.thumb.JPG.dcf8eef83d30f88c3bd7d6611320e9e7.JPG

APC_2758.thumb.JPG.9c1cb4169751853f69daedc9a878d32c.JPG

Time for Andie and Micheline to start having fun with wedding planning...once we get this flu bug behind us.  

• Like 37

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm still here.  Thanks for your concern.  We've had mostly a great last week, but not without a few problems.  I'll give you the long story here, but I won't "bury the lead"...my 23 year old daughter Andie got engaged last night.  Everyone is extremely happy and excited.

We flew last Friday to Allentown, PA and then drove to Scranton from there for my wife's niece's wedding.  The wedding was at my sister in law's house which is an 8,000 square foot mansion that sit's high atop a hill in a rural area with gorgeous views for miles.  It's a beautiful setting, except for when there's a snow storm dropping 6-8 inches and blustery winds blowing drifts, and you need to get guests, caterers, flowers, etc. up their very long, driveway.  They had a few last minute cancellations due to weather but that's where one of the potentially good outcomes of Covid helped...we put a mobile phone on a tripod and scheduled a Zoom meeting so others could attend remotely.  The wedding and reception were otherwise perfect.  Here's a view of the weather outside our hotel window, and the main living room where the ceremony was held.

On Monday, we drove back to Allentown for our flight back to Jacksonville, meeting Andie and her boyfriend Kaleb in Atlanta on the way there.  They were coming to visit us for a week.  Kaleb had already asked for my permission to marry Andie a couple of weeks ago.  I don't know how common that still is but it was a nice touch.  It also allowed him to work with us in advance on how he could make the proposal a perfect setting.   He wanted to ask her on the beach, ideally at sunset.

Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling great on the flight from ATL to JAX, and that got progressively worse.  Stuffy head, chest cough, and then chills and body aches when we got home.  I tested myself for Covid on Tuesday and was negative, so I'm guessing it's just a run of the mill case of the flu.  I stayed in bed all day on Tuesday while Micheline, Andie, and Kaleb did a few things on the island.  Plan A had been that the 4 of us were to have dinner at our beach club on Tuesday.  Before dinner, we'd walk to the Ritz Carlton for a drink at their bar overlooking the beach.  Andie and Kaleb would walk to the beach at some point with us trailing behind.  He'd propose with us capturing the moment in video and pictures.  The 2 of them alone would then go to our club to have dinner as a newly engaged couple with champagne waiting at their table.  Between my sickness and rain Tuesday night, we had to cancel plan A.  Micheline also started getting the same symptoms that I had on Tuesday night.  She also tested negative for Covid.

Between DayQuil and NyQuil, we were able to function during the day.  We got a few hours of beach/pool time when the sun came out yesterday and then had an early 5:30 dinner together last night.  Plan B was to go to the Ritz bar for an after dinner drink and try again.  Andie however now had the same symptoms and was not feeling good.  She took some DayQuil when we got home and within a few minutes was up for going with us to the Ritz.  The timing worked out perfectly as the sunset was reflecting pink off the clouds over the ocean.  

They've been dating for 6.5 years and are both very practical.  They both knew they would get engaged but were waiting for Andie to finish grad school this spring and for some of their friend's weddings/engagements to get "out of their way".  Although Andie knew that a proposal was eventually coming, the timing caught her completely by surprise. 😁

Time for Andie and Micheline to start having fun with wedding planning...once we get this flu bug behind us.  

So beautiful.  Best of luck to you all!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@bobmacliberty

I am so excited and happy for you and your family and soon to be son.

I love your sharing of their life moment., yup I am crying happy tears.

Hope you feel all better soon.

Have so much fun coordinating the future wedding.  Oh the fun your wife will have.

My DH did it best.........................he  just handed me his wallet, the credit cards and all was great.

Be safe

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Everyone get well fast so you can start having fun.  Congratulation to the newly engaged couple.  The pictures are wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

A joyful time for your family. I’m happy for you all, especially Andie and Kaleb. 
No wonder we hadn’t heard from you, you’ve been busy between happy family times and being under the weather. 
Thank you for sharing the happy part!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

My DH did it best.........................he  just handed me his wallet, the credit cards and all was great.

I think you just perfectly summarized my role in the whole process.  And my first words of advice to Kaleb after proposing were the same words of advice that I was given...use the phrase "yes dear, whatever you and your mother want" frequently.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@NHProud

@dani negreanu   Celebrate your birthday with your favorite things ! 

How is the Beyond cruise planning coming along ? If I am correct you have it down to the tiniest detail.  What is your interest in Malta ? 

Thanks, Judy.

Not this time, no. After 5 cancellations and a new variant looming ahead, I'm afraid to "jinx" it...

Malta? It's a new port for us and very appealing. Heard it is beautiful and interesting. Not many direct flights between Tel-Aviv and Malta are available, so for us it's an opportunity to "taste" it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations to all on the engagement!  Such a happy time in all of your lives.

I hope everyone’s feeling better soon. 

• Thanks 1