Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I love shwarma filled inside pita bread with all the "fixins".

That's exactly what DH likes. Today he said that we're not really eating it "properly" -- it should be in a pita, full of meat and all the "fixins".... But, me, I like to save on calories.... the pita adds 280 😢

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Apparently CVS in a 100 mile radius of our home is no longer offering the rapid antigen test.    I received a text in the last hour that our appointments for tomorrow are cancelled due to closure of the location.     Hoped on their website and they are offering PCR tests are limited locations now. 

Hoped onto Walgreens site and booked 2 appointments for their rapid Naat test but the earliest is 4:15 pm.    Eric didn't want to pack until he has results.     

Worst case scenario I still have 3 emed tst kits left but I am holding on them just incase Walgreens doesn't work out.  

Wow. I think we might be on your second leg on Anthem. We have CVS tests scheduled. Hopefully we will be OK with our appointments based on our proximity to NYC. We will also schedule Walgreens as backup. 

If we pass the tests, look for a woman with medium - long straight blonde hair and freckles. Ha. 

Good luck with the tests! ☘️

6 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Wow. I think we might be on your second leg on Anthem. We have CVS tests scheduled. Hopefully we will be OK with our appointments based on our proximity to NYC. We will also schedule Walgreens as backup. 

If we pass the tests, look for a woman with medium - long straight blonde hair and freckles. Ha. 

Good luck with the tests! ☘️

We are on the 3.20 and 3.27 sailing.   

Check and see if cvs in your area is still scheduling the rapid tests.   

Our Son told us their appts in Philadelphia were cancelled too.   

Same thing unable to schedule a rapid test at cvs in Philadelphia.  Looks like they are only doing PCR tests.   So he's booking with walgreens now.

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are on the 3.20 and 3.27 sailing.   

Check and see if cvs in your area is still scheduling the rapid tests.   

Our Son told us their appts in Philadelphia were cancelled too.   

Same thing unable to schedule a rapid test at cvs in Philadelphia.  Looks like they are only doing PCR tests.   So he's booking with walgreens now.

We are supposed to be on March 27th and have CVS tests scheduled for 25th. Tomorrow we can schedule Walgreens and will do so just in case. Thanks. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We are supposed to be on March 27th and have CVS tests scheduled for 25th. Tomorrow we can schedule Walgreens and will do so just in case. Thanks. 

I hope we get to meet.   I'm 5' 2 3/4" tall! HA!  With medium length blonde hair.   

Good luck with your tests!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Not exactly.... I had a friend who bought the emed tests, and they accidentally shipped him the wrong product -- just the home tests, not the proctored test.  (And yes, he showed me his receipt and the boxes he received, he did order them right and they sent the wrong one.) 

He didn't figure out it was the wrong test until he was in his hotel the night before the cruise.  He messaged me b/c he couldn't figure out how to do the online part of the test, and I called him and was able to figure out that he had the "regular" test.  Emed agreed to send him new tests, but that didn't do him any good for the cruise he was taking the next dady.  He ended up having to go out that afternoon and paid like $150 for a test at an urgent care center.  

Spending ~$35 on the home tests is WAY cheaper than paying emergency out of pocket urgent care prices!!!!

Wow, nothing is foolproof.  Other than getting tests that didn't work had not heard of other issues with the emed tests.  Still say it's one of the safest and you get the results right away, no waiting for anyone to get back to you.  Thank goodness for places like cc where we can learn about others issues and take precautions.  Double and triple checking is needed and yes it does take away from the pre cruise anticipation.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 3

@dani negreanu I knew I would forget but I remembered just in time!

Happy Birthday and too many, many more!  I wish you (and your family) many more years of health and happiness.  You certainly deserve it for bringing such a great group of people together!

Lori

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Talking of hair. Awkward when you ditch your long term hairdresser for somewhere much cheaper and your old hairdresser moves into your street. 
Always feel a bit guilty when I walk past his house on the days I get my hair done.  Just got fed up with the escalating prices especially when I felt I was paying for the salon remodel that included  massage chairs, coffee machine and deluxe TVs.  Extras I don’t need.  

• Like 6

@Sunshine3601 You are 2" taller than Kenzie’s mom.

Do you have any planes for the Orlando stop? Our cruise friends are headed to Disney right now.  At the airport they ran into a couple we both know who is sailing on Wonder this week out of ft Lauderdale.  I didn’t even know they liked to cruise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

IMG_4662.MOV 2.81 MB · 1 download  

Has anyone been watching the NCAA tournament?  Here is one shining moment.

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That is awesome! Getting ready to watch KU. With all the other upsets, I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose.

#2 Kentucky just got big timed Upset  by # 15 St. Peters

#12 seed Richmond from Virginia upset# 5 Iowa

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

#2 Kentucky just got big timed Upset  by # 15 St. Peters

#12 seed Richmond from Virginia upset# 5 Iowa

Glad I don’t do brackets anymore. Waste of money for me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We have been doing a family bracket for several years.  Sharon and I have been doing it since the early 80’s. It has spread through the family.  15 joined in last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That's exactly what DH likes. Today he said that we're not really eating it "properly" -- it should be in a pita, full of meat and all the "fixins".... But, me, I like to save on calories.... the pita adds 280 😢

Of course I agree 100% with your husband!  Jack feels the same way.  I never once had shwarma on a plate.  As far as the pita goes, calories be "darned". 😉

I make and eat unstuffed cabbage but I can't eat unfilled shwarma or felafel.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My husband’s family used too , also .  We weren’t asked this year. San Diego State lost to Creighton . Unbelievable !  There’s still UCLA because they haven’t played , yet. I didn’t check to see if Michigan State is competing .  

Please disregard if I’ve already posted this . My husband’s knee replacement will be scheduled for July or August . So , no chance both knees will be functional for our Jan.2023 cruise.   Greg , keep at it and don’t give up .

judy

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NHProud said:

. My husband’s knee replacement will be scheduled for July or August . So , no chance both knees will be functional for our Jan.2023 cruise.  

judy

Judy I would not say you would need to cancel. Even if he has it in August, that would give him 4 months recovery. I’m at 5 weeks and I feel like I could go on a cruise.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Judy I would not say you would need to cancel. Even if he has it in August, that would give him 4 months recovery. I’m at 5 weeks and I feel like I could go on a cruise.

It would take a lot to keep you off a ship !  That all depends on how the bum knee is functioning in Jan..  The good thing is it’s RT from San Diego which is our homeport , twelve miles west from our house.  

The best to you Greg . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

The good thing is it’s RT from San Diego which is our homeport , twelve miles west from our house.  

Who's going RT out of San Diego? Princess? San Diego is a fun city, and much warmer. :classic_smile:

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Who's going RT out of San Diego? Princess? San Diego is a fun city, and much warmer. :classic_smile:

Holland America to Hawaii , it is a 17 day cruise .  Princess sails out of San Pedro which is the port for Los Angeles.

San Diego is a fun city however we are paying dearly for living here.  Gas is at $6/ gal and the average home is selling for $775 K.  

Edited by NHProud

Just now, NHProud said:

Holland America to Hawaii , it is a 17 day cruise .  Princess sails out of San Pedro which is the port for Los Angeles.

San Diego is a fun city however we are paying dearly for living here.  Gas is at $6/ gal and the average home is selling on average for $775 K.  

HAHAHA. :classic_biggrin: It is $6.39/gal. today up here in Northern California. And Zillow just valued our 3 bedroom/2 bath ranch house at $1 million this month. :classic_rolleyes: Perhaps you missed where I live? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6