Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I tried to explain this CC thread to her and she just shook her head.  She thinks my fascination with this website is nuts.  

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Our wives would get along.😂

Sometimes I don't even understand my own fascination with this site.🤔😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

My wife asked why I would take such a crummy picture.  I tried to explain this CC thread to her and she just shook her head.

My husband thinks I am nuts too for reading cruise critic and this thread every day.  I told him it is entertaining (for one reason or another!) and involves good people around the world dealing with crappy times.

😉

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It feels wrong to "like" your posts under your current circumstance but be sure that each one causes me to send thoughts and prayers your way and that we all appreciate your updates.

I see the like button more as a heart in some cases, especially when responding to Sunshine’s posts.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

It feels wrong to "like" your posts under your current circumstance but be sure that each one causes me to send thoughts and prayers your way and that we all appreciate your updates.

Thank you everyone.  I hope we all meet on a cruise someday soon and can celebrate everything and anything🎆💥😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Well on my second to last day in Canada I had some work to attend to in Vancouver.  

Here’s a Thursday throw back for you from Coal Harbour. It’s 2004 and we are flying back to Vancouver from Victoria, after a day of whale watching. We spent a week at the Westin Bayshore, after our first ever cruise on the Dawn Princess.

You know, our one and only cruise. 😂  We had a tower room with a water view. Spectacular watching the ships come and go. 

It would have been about August 5th or so.  The camera quality is so bad, but decent for 2004. The water front has changed so much from then to now. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Well on my second to last day in Canada I had some work to attend to in Vancouver.  While there, I received an email from my brilliant TA that Canada just officially killed the Alaska and NE/Canada cruise season so I thought I would zip across to Stanley Park and take one last look and picture of Canada Place where Radiance and Serenade of the Seas is supposed to dock.  It's a dark and stormy day today. The picture isn't much but it kind of fit my mood when I received the email about the governments decision.  My wife asked why I would take such a crummy picture.  I tried to explain this CC thread to her and she just shook her head.  She thinks my fascination with this website is nuts.  Anyways, a hectic couple of days and ahead and then, if everything goes according to plan, lots and lots of sun. 😎

IMG_5277.jpeg

WAG's don't get it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Time for bed I'm exhausted and go for my covid test tomorrow morning.   Thank you, again, for all the thoughts and prayers.   Goodnight.

You can be sure that we are thinking of you.  I hope that you are sleeping well.  Sleep is a good armour against infection.  Xx

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We woke this today to a heavy ice fog. It looked like this when Owen got on this bus. 

3C1E175A-3662-4396-9027-E133826D6C18.thumb.jpeg.6fbfcf537b375e06bb2576eed34b40aa.jpeg

Did some paper work and emails for a while in the morning. After a few hours the sun came out, and it became much nicer. 

E76D0528-EC95-4B18-AB02-68CAFF35A316.thumb.jpeg.4820d39d2b9112e4e00f17d11d60a56d.jpeg

4E13F7AC-5C38-4775-928B-176C0EF51FE5.thumb.jpeg.0456178eee9c8e3400e5171ba1da9952.jpeg

In fact it turned out nice enough to BBQ for dinner. It was about 32F, good enough to grill. The potatoes were large, like the old school ones Chops used to have. The steaks were a decent size as well. 😉

B9D2F86A-1D1C-4675-926C-3F8DB8D007A4.thumb.jpeg.82e28b6724ef09f41f57533af15bf2be.jpeg

Fab photos.

Barbecue looks nice.

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Well on my second to last day in Canada I had some work to attend to in Vancouver.  While there, I received an email from my brilliant TA that Canada just officially killed the Alaska and NE/Canada cruise season so I thought I would zip across to Stanley Park and take one last look and picture of Canada Place where Radiance and Serenade of the Seas is supposed to dock.  It's a dark and stormy day today. The picture isn't much but it kind of fit my mood when I received the email about the governments decision.  My wife asked why I would take such a crummy picture.  I tried to explain this CC thread to her and she just shook her head.  She thinks my fascination with this website is nuts.  Anyways, a hectic couple of days and ahead and then, if everything goes according to plan, lots and lots of sun. 😎

IMG_5277.jpeg

Great photo.

Pauline is the same.

I always post on my mobile phone and she often says you are always on your phone 🙄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Time for bed I'm exhausted and go for my covid test tomorrow morning.   Thank you, again, for all the thoughts and prayers.   Goodnight.

Sending best wishes for a negative test tomorrow for you.

Good luck to Eric for a fast recovery.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 1

Hubby always says, 'what have you learned today on CC' 😊

He does fb, CC is the only social media I do, I stopped the other main ones a couple of years ago after all the toxic Brexit stuff. My other online sites are often News ones,  probably spend too much time on them too 😂

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The picture isn't much but it kind of fit my mood when I received the email about the governments decision.

I can wholeheartedly relate to your mood and the desire to take a "nostalgic" picture 👍.

I know it helps/works [for] me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Hubby always says, 'what have you learned today on CC' 😊

He does fb, CC is the only social media I do, I stopped the other main ones a couple of years ago after all the toxic Brexit stuff. My other online sites are often News ones,  probably spend too much time on them too 😂

When we could go out I regularly left reviews on Tripadvisor.

I post on CC because most of us are cruise fanatics and almost everyone are friendly people and I never bother with FB etc.

Graham

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure I have darn Covid too.  Last night I started with diarrhea, chills, fever now at 99.4, sore throat and body aches.  Didnt sleep well with lots of toss and turning and trips to bathroom.    Body aches could be due to me shoveling/snow blowing 2 driveways with 2 feet of snow on Tuesday.   Taking tylenol and going to make some tea and toast.  Hopefully I can make to my covid test without needing a bathroom. 

I am confident we got this last weekend with all the busy stores and everyone preparing for the nor'Easter.  I bet there was sick people out shopping since their food deliveries couldn't happen due to snow.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When we could go out I regularly left reviews on Tripadvisor.

Same here. TA very much enhanced our travel experience. I used to be "top reviewer", with almost 300 reviews "under my belt".

I'm a firm believer in getting back and relying the good and the bad in hotels, restaurants, excursions, sites, etc.

CC I've "discovered" only towards our 3rd cruise, when I was "bombarding" the Galapagos forum with zillion of questions. In the end, the nice lady "destination expert" told me "may be you should ask more on this cruise-oriented forum..." and.... here I'm since then.

Glad to find it, since, as with TripAdvisor, is also enhanced our experience and saved us lots of money😁

• Like 9