Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rough night and will probably got tougher.  Yesterday afternoon Eric was diagnosed with a bad UTI and started an antibiotic around 2 pm.   Last night after Dinner Eric became lethargic and was flopping on sofa while watching tv.  I thought he was having a stroke so called 911.  They said he was dehydrated and very common to have this type of reaction with a bad UTI.

He was admitted to a room in middle of night and I just got notified by hospital he tested positive for Covid.

I'm scared to death what will happen since he is on anti rejection meds being a transplant recipient that is immuno compromised.   Waiting for his transplant doctor to call me back.  Please pray for him.

Prayers going up. My heart is breaking for you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A bit of "divergence" amid @Sunshine3601 worrying news -- 

Doing our best to "entertain" our 4.5 and 2.5 grandkids, while DS is trying to work from our living room (no kindergartens for the last 6 weeks)

Yoga from TV

PHOTO-2021-02-04-13-42-27.jpg

The youngest "doing his best" to rearrange the pantry cum utility room

PHOTO-2021-02-04-13-42-34.jpg

and the "end result" in the living room....

PHOTO-2021-02-04-16-27-22.jpg

Well, at least you don’t have to worry about vampires in your living room!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Eric and Debbie,

Prayers from the bottom of my heart -- full and speedy recovery, pls., pls.

The easiness of contacting this cunning virus is very worrying. 

I have spoken with Eric several times today and he is in good spirits and is confident he will be just fine.   

2 Nurses and one Doctor have called me so far to update me on how they are handling things.   They are waiting for a consult with their infectious disease doc as he may or may not be a candidate for remedisvir which they have used many times at this hospital.   

I asked for them to coordinate all of this with his transplant team at Penn Univ., hopefully they will.    Doctor seemed a little "cocky" and said I don't see any need to involve them right now.   I said maybe it's better to call now instead of waiting till he is in serious trouble. 

It always troubles me when a Doctor that knows nothing about Eric thinks I have no clue what I am talking about.    Have ran into that too many times over the years.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A bit of "divergence" amid @Sunshine3601 worrying news -- 

Doing our best to "entertain" our 4.5 and 2.5 grandkids, while DS is trying to work from our living room (no kindergartens for the last 6 weeks)

Yoga from TV

PHOTO-2021-02-04-13-42-27.jpg

The youngest "doing his best" to rearrange the pantry cum utility room

PHOTO-2021-02-04-13-42-34.jpg

and the "end result" in the living room....

PHOTO-2021-02-04-16-27-22.jpg

Oh boy, you sure have your hands full!    I kinda miss the days when the boys were young and getting into everything and anything.   

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It always troubles me when a Doctor that knows nothing about Eric thinks I have no clue what I am talking about.    Have ran into that too many times over the years.

And rightly so!! Just look at the 2-3 doctors who said your friend's is brain dead....

Pls. DON'T GIVE UP and ask for a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion. Don't be shy about it, and don't feel bad -- medicine is not an exact science.

Pleasant, but firm.

There are moments when I'm so sorry English is not my mother's tongue. I feel that I can't put into words exactly how I feel, but be sure that my heart goes to you.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

And rightly so!! Just look at the 2-3 doctors who said your friend's is brain dead....

Pls. DON'T GIVE UP and ask for a 2nd and even a 3rd opinion. Don't be shy about it, and don't feel bad -- medicine is not an exact science.

Pleasant, but firm.

There are moments when I'm so sorry English is not my mother's tongue. I feel that I can't put into words exactly how I feel, but be sure that my heart goes to you.

Your English is just fine.  No apologies needed.     I have not been shy since I was toddler!    

Yes you are absolutely right and thank you for the advise and support.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Pleasant, but firm.

Your English is fine and your advice is sound.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have spoken with Eric several times today and he is in good spirits and is confident he will be just fine.   

2 Nurses and one Doctor have called me so far to update me on how they are handling things.   They are waiting for a consult with their infectious disease doc as he may or may not be a candidate for remedisvir which they have used many times at this hospital.   

I asked for them to coordinate all of this with his transplant team at Penn Univ., hopefully they will.    Doctor seemed a little "cocky" and said I don't see any need to involve them right now.   I said maybe it's better to call now instead of waiting till he is in serious trouble. 

Call them yourself, they would want to know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We did a couple of times with both Pauline's mam and dad's family doctors in their later life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Pleasant, but firm.

Excellent advice.

Your English is excellent Dani.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rough night and will probably got tougher.  Yesterday afternoon Eric was diagnosed with a bad UTI and started an antibiotic around 2 pm.   Last night after Dinner Eric became lethargic and was flopping on sofa while watching tv.  I thought he was having a stroke so called 911.  They said he was dehydrated and very common to have this type of reaction with a bad UTI.

He was admitted to a room in middle of night and I just got notified by hospital he tested positive for Covid.

I'm scared to death what will happen since he is on anti rejection meds being a transplant recipient that is immuno compromised.   Waiting for his transplant doctor to call me back.  Please pray for him.

I am so sorry to hear this.  Wishing you both all the best and sending hugs and good vibes.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As everyone has already said, stay positive and ask for second opinions. It will be a tough road, but not impossible.  Sending positive thoughts and virtual hugs to you all. 

• Like 3

We woke this today to a heavy ice fog. It looked like this when Owen got on this bus. 

3C1E175A-3662-4396-9027-E133826D6C18.thumb.jpeg.6fbfcf537b375e06bb2576eed34b40aa.jpeg

Did some paper work and emails for a while in the morning. After a few hours the sun came out, and it became much nicer. 

E76D0528-EC95-4B18-AB02-68CAFF35A316.thumb.jpeg.4820d39d2b9112e4e00f17d11d60a56d.jpeg

4E13F7AC-5C38-4775-928B-176C0EF51FE5.thumb.jpeg.0456178eee9c8e3400e5171ba1da9952.jpeg

In fact it turned out nice enough to BBQ for dinner. It was about 32F, good enough to grill. The potatoes were large, like the old school ones Chops used to have. The steaks were a decent size as well. 😉

B9D2F86A-1D1C-4675-926C-3F8DB8D007A4.thumb.jpeg.82e28b6724ef09f41f57533af15bf2be.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Call them yourself, they would want to know.

Yes, I did call and spoke with one of the transplant coordinators earlier today.  She was going to let his Doc know.    I'll find out tomorrow if they spoke.   They had Eric sign a bunch of forms today covid related and whether to place on ventilator etc. Etc.  That freaked him out a little.  

Positive thinking has always been a strength if mine.  He has survived many things and will get thru this too.

• Like 9

Well on my second to last day in Canada I had some work to attend to in Vancouver.  While there, I received an email from my brilliant TA that Canada just officially killed the Alaska and NE/Canada cruise season so I thought I would zip across to Stanley Park and take one last look and picture of Canada Place where Radiance and Serenade of the Seas is supposed to dock.  It's a dark and stormy day today. The picture isn't much but it kind of fit my mood when I received the email about the governments decision.  My wife asked why I would take such a crummy picture.  I tried to explain this CC thread to her and she just shook her head.  She thinks my fascination with this website is nuts.  Anyways, a hectic couple of days and ahead and then, if everything goes according to plan, lots and lots of sun. 😎

IMG_5277.jpeg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I did call and spoke with one of the transplant coordinators earlier today.  She was going to let his Doc know.    I'll find out tomorrow if they spoke.   They had Eric sign a bunch of forms today covid related and whether to place on ventilator etc. Etc.  That freaked him out a little.  

Positive thinking has always been a strength if mine.  He has survived many things and will get thru this too.

It feels wrong to "like" your posts under your current circumstance but be sure that each one causes me to send thoughts and prayers your way and that we all appreciate your updates.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I know that is scary but they are just trying to anticipate possible issues that might come up and the time to address those possibilities is not when they occur but well before.  You should find it somewhat comforting that they are preparing for possible scenarios. It is an indication they are not novices with this problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1