Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Hi 

Well speaking of names I'll offer mine.

My  name is Sue, and I am addicted to Cruise Critic.

My thread name became into existence when I married my husband.

His last name is Lion so that day I became a lioness, and since my first name is Sue that is where

the 3 s's came in, and my picture, well I like cats.

Ok now that that is out of the way.

Today did not turn out how I expected.

After my morning routine on CC I put on my coat, boots hat gloves scarf and walked down to the mailbox to get the paper. Our mailbox is on the street about 200 yards away.

Well even through the scarf I noticed some unusual sensitivity on my one lower tooth, it kinda hurt a little (On a scale of 1-10 probably a 3).

So I called our dentist and he was in the office and told me to come in at noon, he had a cancellation.

So, I left my safe bubble of the homestead and went to my appointment.

Thinking oh no another cavity, more fillings.

Well, to my surprise, my tooth was completely cracked demolished all the way through the root.

He goes, we could try a root canal, and it may last a year or two, or better yet just pull it, and then you will need bone grafts and implants in a year.

I go well, if that is what it is I do not want to go through  a root canal, pull it.

So, after 4 injections of local anesthesia, of course now that he is playing with it pain is now an 8. (the painless wand did not work) the tooth was easily removed.

So now I cannot feel half of my face, local still working.

And I have three new friends....Norco for pain and Augmentin for the abscess I did not know I had, and a childs teddy bear ice pak.

So watching TV,  

Comfortably numb.

The cat at my side, just wants a treat.

Stay healthy

Oh my gosh Sue. Thankfully, you didn’t hesitate in calling your dentist. My fiancé did and ended up with super pain and the side of his face blown up, black eye and all.  Abscess had gone into sinuses and extraction was the most painful experience. When I picked him up he looked like had had 5 rounds with rocky. 

• Like 2

I just spoke with Eric's Dr at hospital and he said Eric thought he was getting remesdivir but the Infectious Disease doctor was able to get special permission (I don't know who gives the permission) to use the bamlanivimab monoclonal antibody.   He has had 4 iv bags of it so far and will continue thru the night and could be released tomorrow.   They said his blood work looked much better than when he first came in and is blood pressures are much better too.     The Dr. said it is rare for this to be used but the ID Dr felt Eric was a perfect candidate for this type of treatment.    

(yes, the same one they gave Donald Trump - I promise you Eric is not on Tweet and won't have "roid rage". )

He did tell me if I pick up Eric to wear 2 masks and face shield at all times near him unless I get a positive covid test result.    I'm kinda hoping my test is positive so I don't have wear 2 masks and a shield in my own home (no thank you!).

After I got myself going this morning I am feeling a little better.    Fever is under control with Tylenol, mild cough, sore throat is minimal, body aches and pains but shovel 2 driveways with 2 feet of snow at age 51 and that will happen, unfortunately.

So sorry you are probably getting tired of hearing about my stuff.   I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.   

Love 

Debbie 😍

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Hi 

His last name is Lion so that day I became a lioness, and since my first name is Sue that is where

After my morning routine on CC I put on my coat, boots hat gloves scarf and walked down to the mailbox to get the paper. Our mailbox is on the street about 200 yards away.

Well even through the scarf I noticed some unusual sensitivity on my one lower tooth, it kinda hurt a little (On a scale of 1-10 probably a 3).

So I called our dentist and he was in the office and told me to come in at noon, he had a cancellation.

Well, to my surprise, my tooth was completely cracked demolished all the way through the root.

He goes, we could try a root canal, and it may last a year or two, or better yet just pull it, and then you will need bone grafts and implants in a year.

I go well, if that is what it is I do not want to go through  a root canal, pull it.

So, after 4 injections of local anesthesia, of course now that he is playing with it pain is now an 8. (the painless wand did not work) the tooth was easily removed.

And I have three new friends....Norco for pain and Augmentin for the abscess I did not know I had, and a childs teddy bear ice pak.

So watching TV,  

Comfortably numb.

Stay healthy

Ouch!    make sure you stay ahead of the pain.    Good thing you were able to get a Dentist appointment that quick.    Take care!   

Always nice to have a pet at your side (usually better than a spouse most times - hehe)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I just spoke with Eric's Dr at hospital and he said Eric thought he was getting remesdivir but the Infectious Disease doctor was able to get special permission (I don't know who gives the permission) to use the bamlanivimab monoclonal antibody.   He has had 4 iv bags of it so far and will continue thru the night and could be released tomorrow.   They said his blood work looked much better than when he first came in and is blood pressures are much better too.     The Dr. said it is rare for this to be used but the ID Dr felt Eric was a perfect candidate for this type of treatment.    

(yes, the same one they gave Donald Trump - I promise you Eric is not on Tweet and won't have "roid rage". )

He did tell me if I pick up Eric to wear 2 masks and face shield at all times near him unless I get a positive covid test result.    I'm kinda hoping my test is positive so I don't have wear 2 masks and a shield in my own home (no thank you!).

After I got myself going this morning I am feeling a little better.    Fever is under control with Tylenol, mild cough, sore throat is minimal, body aches and pains but shovel 2 driveways with 2 feet of snow at age 51 and that will happen, unfortunately.

So sorry you are probably getting tired of hearing about my stuff.   I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.   

Love 

Debbie 😍

So glad they have Eric going in the right direction and he will be home soon.  It sounds like you probably will get that positive test with your symptoms that thankfully are not severe.  Hoping both of you get better soon.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love 

Debbie 😍

Wrong — we’re not tired of hearing about your “stuff”.

Always glad when good news are posted.

I’m kind of not wishing you a positive result, since this virus is unpredictable...

Stay well 😍

• Like 3

Anyone ever had a "tiff" with a friend regarding Covid, specifically the vaccine?  Just got into it big time with former college roommate.  They're dead set against vaccine while I'm totally for it.  Not sure if we're speaking at this point.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love 

Debbie 😍

Not tired of hearing at all. Thanks for the update. I have seen a few very good turn a rounds with the monoclonal antibodies. I even ordered an infusion today for a patient.

The news sounds good!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Anyone ever had a "tiff" with a friend regarding Covid, specifically the vaccine?  Just got into it big time with former college roommate.  They're dead set against vaccine while I'm totally for it.  Not sure if we're speaking at this point.

I simply explain to people what my present thinking is. I also go through the evolution  of my thinking. I also explain that next week I my feel differently than I do today as my experiences and learning never stop. Obviously, talking to friends is a bit different for me because if my position. Certainly it is different with patients. The key is to respect others opinions whether I agree with them or not.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

YES, several.

I hate to say it, but I was "dumb with surprise" when I've heard the "cons" from friends whom I've regarded as logical (and even "enlightened") ones.

BUT, at my ripe age of "almost" 70, I'm wisely choosing my battles and "barricades"... At an early stage of the "disagreement", I let it go and steer the "conversation" to another direction.

Friends are hard to come by at this age 😢

For what it worth -- the vaccine amazingly works, as predicted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Yes, I have had intense conversation with my SIL and BIL.   They are both against the vaccine.   They both say they are not taking anything until it has been tested and proven effective for a couple of years, especially a vaccine that could impact their DNA.    When the conversation got heated I backed off and left it at "everyone is entitled to their own opinions".   

My Husband stayed out of it and just said both of them have always been like that, they get it from their Mother.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@singinalot    (Crystal) posted some time ago that she's taking a break from CC.

I saw she liked a post ten other day. 

7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I have a dog friend who actually believes the vaccine will change peoples' DNA.   It will be a waste of time to say anything.  I sure hope I don't have a horrid reaction to the second shot on March 2.

I responded with the laughing emoji to your post. But hey, everyone is different. 

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

I am still occasionally lurking about and think of all of you often.

Because so many here like cats, I thought this appropriate: image.jpeg.afa579f139903557c29527725186cad8.jpeg

And here she is. Just like the cat, one eye on us while hanging out. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is anyone getting non-stop emails from Park West Gallery about auctions, etc.? Boy, they must be hurting without having sales on cruise ships.  

I bought one piece of artwork 2 years ago.  I absolutely love it and happy I bought it as I enjoy it whenever I sit in my living room and feel bad for them everytime I get their emails.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I am convinced everyone on this thread would be delightful company.

We all have a common interest in cruising and have caring nature's and a meet up in the DL/CL or SL would be very enjoyable imo.

Are you sure?  😈

On the upside, I will be on the flowrider until they shut it down, and then I am pretty tired so pretty mellow then drinks, dinner show, and bed...

So, I will probably ignore most everyone, unless you are sitting next to us in the DL for that hour or so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I was talking to a neighbour who I thought was quite sensible.  Was completely anti-mask and then pointed out our death rate since we have had the vaccine. 

It is true that Covid has been savage in our elderly care settings.  We have clearly had the London variant and over Christmas and the New Year we have had a terrible loss of life.  The vaccine programme also started.  

To assume that the deaths have been caused by the vaccines is in my scientific brain nonsense.   Clearly we don’t all think the same way. 

BTW I had a complete non-reaction to my second vaccine last week.  Everyone else in my team suffered.  I have ended up worrying that I was accidentally given saline solution.  Apparently the reaction is your body learning to respond to the virus.  So in a way I wish you a horrid reaction.  I would feel more confident if I had had one:) 

I understand, and appreciate your feelings, and in my 20+ years here, I don’t remember crossing your path before.

Hi, I am JC and I like Spain quite a lot.  You are clearly not Spanish, where are you from?

Welcome to CC even though you have been here for years.

jc

Today was a bit of a special day for our house.  Sad, but important. Some of you will know the story of our daughter Allie, and today we helped to pay tribute to her short time with us. 

Our local Children’s Hospital, here in London, held their annual Radiothon fundraiser.  It is partnered with four local radio stations and runs all day. We have been a “silent” partner since it’s inception.  We share our story of our daughter Allison, that passed away two days after her second birthday. We share our first names, not our last, and little more.

The Children’s Hospital has many positive results but sadly not all stories end that way. It is a good thing to share with others our story, so they know they are not alone. We also share to make people realize that they too might walk through those doors with their own child one day. 

I have known the morning hosts for many years becoming friends with them along the way, as we have quietly helped with other causes within the community.  As you can tell from the recording it hits hard with the father of two young children and it will one day with the other who has yet to be married.

The first year of the Radiothon was the same year Allie passed away. As you could guess, it hits hard for us.  I thought it would be worth the share with you all, to see some positive news today in a world that seems so upside down. 

Here is a audio video from the morning show. Every year they have raised more money than the year before, which is great because kids come here from across the province. In fact the radio host, that speaks in the first video, was taken here while suffering from anaphylactic shock 30 plus years ago as a preteen.  He is lucky to be alive today.

What seems to be a simple building, in the community is so much more.  

Thanks for reading and watching the two videos below. 

This is the song that was played at the end of the radio segment in memory of Allie. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Year 2000

My fond memories of Gibraltar -- we were based in Malaga. Travelled to Seville, Granada, Cordoba -- following my father's path, who visited those places before WW2... He spoke "Castellano" Spanish and was very enthusiast about Spain.

Another day was dedicated to the Rock of Gibraltar. Of course we waited on the road so that a British Airways plane could land, exactly as was written in our guide book.

In the city, after visiting the Rock and "interacting" with the cheeky monkeys, I was pleasantly surprised to find my favorite British store -- M&S.

And quite a few of Orthodox Jews - I was not aware that even in such a small place there is a Jewish community.

So, we were in Spain for a few weeks way back in 2006/2007 were there before Xmas and after Epiphany (my birthday), and when we were in Granada, we did a tour where we went to the caves and the flamenco dancing, on the walk to the caves we walked thru a large Jewish quarter.  Looked much like the other small streets, but it was clearly different to our guide (not so much to my American eyes).  Lovely memories.  Lovely place.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Hi 

So watching TV,  

Comfortably numb.

Stay healthy

yikes. I was eating lunch a couple of months ago at a restaurant, and as I was chewing a bite of chicken Parmesan, I noticed a gap.  The outside of one of my molars was missing and my mouth was empty....  O crap.

Sent a text to my dentist, amazingly someone in his office replied and asked if I was in pain, I said, no actually don’t feel a thing (this was a Saturday), they said if you have pain call us otherwise we will see you Tuesday morning as we are closed on Monday....  So, luckily for me no pain no issues, other than remembering to chew on the right not the left. 

Have a new crown now and all is good. 

Yours sounds a bit more urgent than mine

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Today was a bit of a special day for our house.  Sad, but important. Some of you will know the story of our daughter Allie, and today we helped to pay tribute to her short time with us. 

Our local Children’s Hospital, here in London, held their annual Radiothon fundraiser.  It is partnered with four local radio stations and runs all day. We have been a “silent” partner since it’s inception.  We share our story of our daughter Allison, that passed away two days after her second birthday. We share our first names, not our last, and little more.

The Children’s Hospital has many positive results but sadly not all stories end that way. It is a good thing to share with others our story, so they know they are not alone. We also share to make people realize that they too might walk through those doors with their own child one day. 

I have known the morning hosts for many years becoming friends with them along the way, as we have quietly helped with other causes within the community.  As you can tell from the recording it hits hard with the father of two young children and it will one day with the other who has yet to be married.

The first year of the Radiothon was the same year Allie passed away. As you could guess, it hits hard for us.  I thought it would be worth the share with you all, to see some positive news today in a world that seems so upside down. 

Here is a audio video from the morning show. Every year they have raised more money than the year before, which is great because kids come here from across the province. In fact the radio host, that speaks in the first video, was taken here while suffering from anaphylactic shock 30 plus years ago as a preteen.  He is lucky to be alive today.

This is the song that was played at the end of the radio segment in memory of Allie. 

Sorry to learn this.  Since we didn’t have kids, I can’t say I feel your pain because I have no clue, but I am sorry this.  Sigh... life is hard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Beautiful post. Allie's story had as always stuck with me. I don't know what else to say....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

Sorry to learn this.  Since we didn’t have kids, I can’t say I feel your pain because I have no clue, but I am sorry this.  Sigh... life is hard

We found out when she was just a few months old, that she would not be with us for long.  

You are so right, life is hard and no one ever said it would be easy. She taught us a lot, even though she couldn’t say or express anything; look within, help others, treat those how you would wish to be treated, find joy in the little things and look for the positives. We figure were “chosen” to have her come to us, because we could provide her what she needed even though there were challenges.

Just like riding a wave, you fall down and get right back up. If you dwell on the fear of falling, you will never ride again. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We found out when she was just a few months old, that she would not be with us for long.  

You are so right, life is hard and no one ever said it would be easy. She taught us a lot, even though she couldn’t say or express anything; look within, help others, treat those how you would wish to be treated, find joy in the little things and look for the positives. We figure were “chosen” to have her come to us, because we could provide her what she needed even though there were challenges.

Just like riding a wave, you fall down and get right back up. If you dwell on the fear of falling, you will never ride again. 

This still makes me tear up just like it did years ago when you shared it. God bless your family.

• Like 7