Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ouch!  At least I don't see any cars in the creek.  I hope noone was hurt.

Thanks. No, it was slow destruction on Saturday. It is just a major inconvenience for the rest of us. And I feel sorry for the people that have homes that back up to the creek. They are not required to have flood insurance, because <supposedly> this is a "Controlled Water Project". I think my friend purchased it anyway, last time her yard and back bedroom were flooded because the county failed to clear debris out of the creek. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Coralc said:

This is about 3/4 of a mile from our house. Major street between my town and next one, closed indefinitely. Remember the floating fishing dock destruction? This is the creek that comes out of the small lake where the pier was. They are going to have to remove most of that debris before Wednesday, or it is going to flood (badly) again. 🙄 Stay tuned. 😊

Flooding5.webp

Looks like it will be quite a long time before that road opens up again for sure.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love New Orleans but don't think I'd want to be there for Mardi Gras any more than I'd want to be in Time Square for New Years Eve.

Oh, definitely... you have to be HARD CORE to do NOLA during MG!   Then again, most of my friends are pretty far from tame, so that tracks! LOL 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Lucky you!  Here in Fernandina Beach, this is my morning view…

E99A57CA-F6D9-4E0C-8113-E517A73A8B4A.jpeg

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I played golf in that fog this morning.  Teed off at 8:40 and couldn't see a green from a tee box until the 15th hole.  Weird.

How weird, we had epic fog today, too.  I left work in Michigan at 7am and it was thick as pea soup.  After visiting with my son and his GF for several hours, I headed home around noonish and the fog continued through Indiana and Illinois.  

There's a section of Indiana that I drive through that has eleventy bazillion wind turbines (yes, I counted them all! LOL), and the clouds had risen off the ground enough that road visibility was fine, but it hovered so low that you couldn't see the tops of the windmills.  I couldn't even see the hub until my car was even with the windmill (photos in progression):

IMG_20230102_161721872.thumb.jpg.bde482d6e69c39bfb73d06531d4bcb13.jpg

IMG_20230102_161726318_HDR.thumb.jpg.0267c53620488a2d642c2960196352eb.jpg

IMG_20230102_161729209_HDR.thumb.jpg.f772e61f2a5041ec64cfd8583432c618.jpg

An hour down the road, I had ground-level fog again.  I don't ever recall seeing fog on the ground at 4:30 in the afternoon in the Midwest before.  

• Like 6

CPR on the Injured  Bill's Player(Damar Hamlin)...This is terrible!

Never seen anything like this in any game I have ever watched.

Back into the locker room, game temporary suspended............not sure how they can continue this game.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, jmh2006 said:

As soon as I saw him collapse, I said “heart attack”.  So scary for everyone! 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Seen harder hits before, I thought he just had the wind knocked out of him. Usually 60 to 90 seconds later you get your wind back.

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

CPR on the Injured  Bill's Player(Damar Hamlin)...This is terrible!

Never seen anything like this in any game I have ever watched.

Back into the locker room, game temporary suspended............not sure how they can continue this game.

Prayers!!!

I cannot ever fathom something like this happening!! 

Prayers. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Sounds like it could be Commotio Cordis?

Hear of it more often in baseball/softball/hockey, but could happen in almost any contact sport.

This was my first thought...  I have heard of it happening in hockey but it is very rare.  Take a puck to the chest at precisely the wrong moment...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Sounds like it could be Commotio Cordis?

Hear of it more often in baseball/softball/hockey, but could happen in almost any contact sport.

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This was my first thought...  I have heard of it happening in hockey but it is very rare.  Take a puck to the chest at precisely the wrong moment...

Im not a doctor but that is what came to my mind as it has happened before in Hockey and Baseball. Medical personal’s action was quick and consistent with the description of that type of injury. Again we don’t know if this is really what happened and our focus should be on the player, his family and teammates.

• Like 6

On 12/31/2022 at 2:14 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I could talk about this with him for hours in the Champagne Lounge!

Happy New Year to you both. 

You were the main reason I posted that. Thought it might be of interest to you. Do you plan on booking a second cruise this year? We want to book another one since we have a 600.00 cruise credit. It expires in Sept of this year. There is a cruise in October I was looking at, but I don’t know if Royal will extend the time. When is your football season? Let us know if you are thinking about booking another cruise. If you look in my signature you will see what we have booked. Maybe you can join in on one of those or you can see when we will be gone and can’t book another at that time.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We want to book another one since we have a 600.00 cruise credit. It expires in Sept of this year.

When @Ourusualbeach gets back, he could probably answer that for you.  Hopefully you just have to APPLY the credit by the expiration date, rather than CRUISE by the expiration date.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We had a relatively easy drive on I-95 this morning, until we got to the intersection with I-4. Then, Susan got to enjoy that 10 mph speed on 95. 

EAF5FE98-753B-4141-A205-F1D45FEEC594.thumb.png.453ee6fc35f11d135d30c96e7cb9cbb0.png

That is where we saw the first of 17 crashes today, between there and Jacksonville.  They do them big here, because there were usually 4 or 5 vehicles in each crash. 

The stop at Daytona was for gas, and this. 

FAC1D8EB-3F4B-4D70-8DB6-8E7A550D0A95.thumb.jpeg.5661f12f63b3d58f8f9c2e82e994cb7d.jpeg

The couple times I stopped before, I never tried their food.  That brisket sandwich was delicious.  In honor of our soon to start diet, we picked up the XXL brisket. We are trying to eat all the good stuff before we get home, because that’s when it will stop 

Buc-ee's sandwiches are the best "travel " stop food.  Not a truck stop as they don't allow trucks.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

How weird, we had epic fog today, too.  I left work in Michigan at 7am and it was thick as pea soup.  After visiting with my son and his GF for several hours, I headed home around noonish and the fog continued through Indiana and Illinois.  

There's a section of Indiana that I drive through that has eleventy bazillion wind turbines (yes, I counted them all! LOL), and the clouds had risen off the ground enough that road visibility was fine, but it hovered so low that you couldn't see the tops of the windmills.  I couldn't even see the hub until my car was even with the windmill (photos in progression):

IMG_20230102_161729209_HDR.thumb.jpg.f772e61f2a5041ec64cfd8583432c618.jpg

An hour down the road, I had ground-level fog again.  I don't ever recall seeing fog on the ground at 4:30 in the afternoon in the Midwest before.  

It is really flat there? You don't have any hills or mountains? I always thought if you had lakes, there would be higher elevations. Thanks! It is always interesting to see other parts of the country. 

Ours are up in the hills. 

Wind Farm.webp

Stock Photo

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3