Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Speaking of playing monopoly......😜

Just curious, how did monopoly become synonymous with "time out"?  Wouldn't playing solitaire be a better analogy? 

Monopoly has more available witticisms you can associate with it. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's tough out there, not everyone plays nice on other threads and too easy to butt heads.  

Well, I gathered “along the way” that some of our “team” have a “certain”, let’s call it “style”, but @grapau27???

He is, after all, British 😇

Stiff upper lip & all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

My dad lived in St Mary’s for a while circa 1930 and worked in one of the banks. He used to swim at the quarry. In early 1990’s I took him on a memory trip back to Canada and St Mary’s was one of our stops.

My in-laws grew up in St Mary’s. The remember before Wildwood Damn was built. They too swam at the quarry. 

As for the quarry, for those reading/following along, they used to mine limestone out of it.  One day well before the 30s they hit a spring and it filled with water so quickly they could not get the equipment out.  The men and horse were able to get out of it.  The equipment is still submerged in the bottom. 

AF34CE69-56E6-4047-8D6D-48AFA23D5C33.jpeg.7b03109f5c4fdba2e108ceb23253f58f.jpeg

Since then it had become Canada’s largest outdoor swimming pool. 

2C6C785D-5D81-4646-8021-F9153AE85D62.png.366348bb01ba77a55fca349bc21d30a2.png

The Canadian Baseball Hall of fame is also located in St Mary’s. I should go there some day. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

He tells it like it is though so maybe someone was offended 

True. But Graham is so polite and well mannered that even if he got into a tussle with someone, he'd be very diplomatic into telling someone to bugger-off , they wouldn't realize it. 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

You'd be surprised who plays.😊

I am surprised! Graham has gone rogue from the bad influences 🤣

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It's tough out there, not everyone plays nice on other threads and too easy to butt heads.  

Sometimes it is sooo hard to play nice though 😀

42 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You just have to ignore certain notorious threads started by a singular poster. :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes::classic_smile:

This is also so hard!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 grocery stores, neither fully stocked. Left mad and will go back again in a couple of days. Aldi out of milk eggs bananas. I only go there for staples and so much out of stock. Maybe soon.

At least got my car oil changed and they said my air filter dirty. I only have 6k miles, new last fall. Seems fast to change the air filter but idk, so I said ok, not that expensive.

Nice to see Graham's other half posting. Hi and welcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Well, today it snowed all day here. We didn't venture out.

Sunday dinners are always sandwiches. Tonight was Reubens with home made Russian dressing. So easy in the oven. Always turn out perfect. I could only eat half.

Can I have the other half? 

• Like 1