Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

54 minutes ago, jencruzin said:

Just realized the other day this thread is an old one. I am relatively new in CC.

Welcome to CC, Jen, and welcome to our thread of awesome friends.❤️

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

I had a hospital telephone appointment this morning about my arthritic feet.

In December they put inserts in my shoes which made the pain much worse so I took them out.

The result is I have a face to face appointment in a few weeks.

This afternoon we had a clear out in the garage and it looks a lot tidier now.

I hope everyone is safe and well and looking forward to having a lovely day.

I sure hope the doctor can help with your arthritic feet, Graham!

One of our grandsons has flat feet;  he is so much more comfortable going barefoot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It still doesn't make me happy🤨

I have been rooting for Danny and Heidi since the first episode.They are still here but it makes no difference because according to my granddog Beuk Yam Yam will win this season.

• Like 2

@Sea Dog Which ingredients go into your fav Cinco de Mayo margarita ?

How about your mint julep for the Kentucky Derby ? 

What will you be enjoying while watching the coronation ? Pimms cup for Wimbledon but what is the drink for coronations? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hope you had a good flight home Dani @dani negreanu and enjoyed Madrid. 

First time in recent years that our flight was not full. However, since it was a "lift & shift" from our illness-cancelled flight, I was happy to be given a seat without adding any moneys.

Found myself stuck in the middle seat, between a big man who already "marked" his territory, spreading arms and legs, and hubby at the window....

The 3 seats in front of us were free, and I asked the FA if we can move. She said "in a few mins". BUT, a lady seating in the aisle 2 rows from us (her hubby at the other aisle, 2 seats near him free, and her daughter at the window, with a free seat between them) decided that each of her family needs a row for him/herself and just moved in the free row before us....

I politely leaned between the seats and told her that the FA "promised" us the free seats. She started to argue that the seats are not mine, until, luckily, the FA firmly reminded her that they have 6 seats between the 3 of them....

After a few mins we got the OK to move, and it was such a relief.... The "invading" lady went to sleep on 3 seats, while her hubby moved over to his daughter.

Peace.

BUT, it seems that no travel of us can go smoothly.... The plane landed on time, the computer acknowledged my passport [usually it doesn't], and, having only the carry ons, we made it smoothly to the train station for the 5.29PM direct to Herzliya. After half an hour ride and a short taxi drive from the station, I was hoping to be at home by 6.15PM.

It was not to be... At the station we were advised that the direct train is cancelled and we have to switch trains mid-journey. "A mere 7 mins wait" I told hubby, who was already leaning toward a taxi, which I knew will take 2 hours to get us home at this rush hour.

After boarding the trains, we slowly understood that "Houston, we have a problem". While landing, we saw a very big fire. Turns out it affected one of the train stops along our way, and lots of stops and trains got cancelled or delayed.

Buses were provided free of charge for travelers whose trains were cancelled. Ours did not, but nobody could tell us which platform and which train to take. Lots of confusion, including the train workers themselves. 

In the end, we boarded a very full train, stood like sardines (Covid anyone? we shall see....) like forever, since the whole schedule was a mess the train moved snail like.... and we made it home.... by 8PM !!! Three whole hours on the road ☹️

On the plus side, pics to come ....

• Like 27

19 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Sea Dog Which ingredients go into your fav Cinco de Mayo margarita ?

How about your mint julep for the Kentucky Derby ? 

What will you be enjoying while watching the coronation ? Pimms cup for Wimbledon but what is the drink for coronations? 

Thanks for asking, I would make a Gregarita which is my own recipe.

(1/2) Pro Bar Sweet & Sour Mix.  

This mix is the key. It’s incredible.

https://www.probar.net/product.php?productID=80154

Makes 1 Gallon of mix.  Add to Pro Bar Mix 1/2 pkg to a Gallon of water:  1 1/2 cup Tequila (Sauza Blanco), 

1 cup Vodka (Svedka), 

1/2 cup Gran Marnier, 

1/4 cup Non Pulp Orange Juice, 1/2 cup Roses Lime Juice.  Serve over ice with salted rim.  Typically I use the Grand Marnier to rim the glass for the salt.

For orange juice, I used Nature's Choice Non Pulp orange juice.  Don't use concentrate frozen stuff.

For a Mint Julip I make Woodford Reserves recipe since they are a major sponsor and I’m sure this is what is served at Churchhill Downs.

INGREDIENTS

2 OZ.

Straight Bourbon Whiskey

ORDER ON DRIZLYORDER ON RESERVEBAR

1/2 OZ.

Woodford Reserve® Mint Julep Cocktail Syrup

Fresh Mint Leaves

Crushed Ice

INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1

Express the essential oils in the mint and rub them inside the glass.

STEP 2

To the same glass, add simple syrup, bourbon, and crushed ice.

STEP 3

Stir.

STEP 4

Garnish with more ice, fresh mint, and powdered sugar.

For the coronation, Prince Charles likes Single Malt Scotch and Dry Gin Martinis which I’m not a big gin fan so I’m going with a single malt scotch.

Probably the Aberlour 16 Year Old.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I installed the Apple iOS 16.4.1 (a) Rapid Security Response Release this morning on my iPhone and iPad.  That was the quickest update installation that Apple has ever released.  Less than a minute to install.  Why can’t all updates be that quick to install. 

I agree, it was the fastest one I ever remember. 

On another note, any bets on what color this baseball uniform will be after tonight’s game?   Grandson’s first game of the season was supposed to be Saturday. Then they were going to try every day since then, but it has been raining almost nonstop since last Friday. 

IMG_7155.thumb.jpeg.d79e910c4b4b4147250b79078e5c40cc.jpeg

Game starts at 8:00, so they will be playing under the lights.  

This will be exciting for him and the team. Owen has played in white pants for years, and we always joke that the coach is not the person who has to clean them. 

If you need a cleaning recipe for them let us know. Lisa has found a great one and they have kept them in great shape, even on the red clay and grass stains. 

Owen’s first ball game is next week and we know what color the pants will be after. 

• Like 6

Random people in Marrakech

image.thumb.jpeg.f1c5fe22ff5fcb1a7dfbb38a48c31067.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aefa25919b12fd3514615c88964b6c13.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.08d8d1689ad1e24e5096e67ea6780af0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.79d0feff56736bd4a22c6943c7e49211.jpeg

Many stands for eating in the main square. They only have numbers. DS1 cautioned us not to even think about eating there...

image.thumb.jpeg.bd4e5ff3a61266b0d5076fcfacf62255.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.31fbc23e84fea51293b79436465d89df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a920fdd806f61e39cf5cb5307191320c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5081b2b0b85dce37ac5608b5cc0e3a63.jpeg

Yours truly checking the "genuine fakes" of Vuitton, among others 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.65d5f4d1bd0618a2f006c004567ef6ec.jpeg

• Like 23

An impressive visit to Madrasa Ben Youssef , which is a historic Islamic school located in the heart of Marrakech, Morocco. Built in the 14th century, this madrasa was once the largest Islamic school in North Africa and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. 

It very much reminded me of Alhambra, Granada, Spain.

image.thumb.jpeg.9fb193521869c1051d065dc4c9574f2b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.451f961150fecd70b2d3af31de850241.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f087bd1387a45593b317de85bdf66416.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

First time in recent years that our flight was not full. However, since it was a "lift & shift" from our illness-cancelled flight, I was happy to be given a seat without adding any moneys.

Found myself stuck in the middle seat, between a big man who already "marked" his territory, spreading arms and legs, and hubby at the window....

The 3 seats in front of us were free, and I asked the FA if we can move. She said "in a few mins". BUT, a lady seating in the aisle 2 rows from us (her hubby at the other aisle, 2 seats near him free, and her daughter at the window, with a free seat between them) decided that each of her family needs a row for him/herself and just moved in the free row before us....

I politely leaned between the seats and told her that the FA "promised" us the free seats. She started to argue that the seats are not mine, until, luckily, the FA firmly reminded her that they have 6 seats between the 3 of them....

After a few mins we got the OK to move, and it was such a relief.... The "invading" lady went to sleep on 3 seats, while her hubby moved over to his daughter.

Peace.

BUT, it seems that no travel of us can go smoothly.... The plane landed on time, the computer acknowledged my passport [usually it doesn't], and, having only the carry ons, we made it smoothly to the train station for the 5.29PM direct to Herzliya. After half an hour ride and a short taxi drive from the station, I was hoping to be at home by 6.15PM.

It was not to be... At the station we were advised that the direct train is cancelled and we have to switch trains mid-journey. "A mere 7 mins wait" I told hubby, who was already leaning toward a taxi, which I knew will take 2 hours to get us home at this rush hour.

After boarding the trains, we slowly understood that "Houston, we have a problem". While landing, we saw a very big fire. Turns out it affected one of the train stops along our way, and lots of stops and trains got cancelled or delayed.

Buses were provided free of charge for travelers whose trains were cancelled. Ours did not, but nobody could tell us which platform and which train to take. Lots of confusion, including the train workers themselves. 

In the end, we boarded a very full train, stood like sardines (Covid anyone? we shall see....) like forever, since the whole schedule was a mess the train moved snail like.... and we made it home.... by 8PM !!! Three whole hours on the road ☹️

On the plus side, pics to come ....

Agh, what a nightmare. Travel never seems to be smooth. Once we were meant to fly into London City Airport (from Venice). Its normally a commuter type airport and unknown to us closed at 2pm on Saturdays. Of course our plane was late taking off and it wasn't until we were airborne the pilot informed us he was going 

to divert to Stansted Airport (as City Airport was closing), the wrong side of London to us. Fun and games trying to get home on a Saturday afternoon with the railways closed for railworks

Looking forward to the pics 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Road to Hana is worth it, but maybe just once.  It's long, and after a while, the twists and turns all start to look alike.  Where did you stop along the way?  Did you make it past Hana to the 'Ohe'o Gulch and the Seven Pools?  I'm really jealous and wishing I was there right now.

Oops...asking John @Ozark_Kid

I feel the same, worth doing it once it is a long journey and can drain you. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Have you all met in the Schooner Bar yet?

May of been answered Sharon and I met with Helen , Marty and Ken.  Our one couple gets up at 3am to do business until Noon which is 8 to 5 back home.  The other couple went to a show.  They 1st found us on Boleros but it was loud so we went to Schooner. 

• Like 5

Speaking of dance, our granddaughter has three dance performances coming up.  I don’t know why the scheduled the performance so far away, but they will be at Packard Music Hall which is past @Lionesss Sue’s house. 

IMG_7156.thumb.jpeg.52c708742b757452e882029b5839661d.jpeg

Add to that, tickets have to be purchased through Ticketmaster, so prices are inflated.  Daughter paid $300 for tickets for the family and $1,000 for dance outfits. These recitals get more expensive each year. 

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

It's become insane!  Our 3 daughters all danced in recitals when they were younger, and our 3 granddaughters used to dance in their recitals.  Those days are long gone now.  I must say that the most expensive outfits were for our oldest granddaughter, who was an Irish dancer.  Talk about expensive!!!!  Those dresses cost $1,000.00 for just one dress.  She was such an excellent "stepper", though.  She went on to become an instructor until heading to College.

Enjoy your granddaughters' Recital, Mark!  As you know, they're only young for such a short time!❤️

Good luck to your grandson tonight!!

I feel your pain.  The next step beyond recitals is competitive dance.  Multiple outfits for different dance routines, additional monthly expense to the studio for all of the practice...usually 3 or 4 days a week, and then travel expenses to all of the different competitions.  I started to add it all up once and decided that I was better off not knowing the total cost.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Makes 1 Gallon of mix.  Add to Pro Bar Mix 1/2 pkg to a Gallon of water:  1 1/2 cup Tequila (Sauza Blanco), 

1 cup Vodka (Svedka), 

1/2 cup Gran Marnier, 

1/4 cup Non Pulp Orange Juice, 1/2 cup Roses Lime Juice.  Serve over ice with salted rim.  Typically I use the Grand Marnier to rim the glass for the salt.

For orange juice, I used Nature's Choice Non Pulp orange juice.  Don't use concentrate frozen stuff.

For a Mint Julip I make Woodford Reserves recipe since they are a major sponsor and I’m sure this is what is served at Churchhill Downs.

INGREDIENTS

2 OZ.

Straight Bourbon Whiskey

1/2 OZ.

Fresh Mint Leaves

Crushed Ice

INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

Stir.

STEP 4

For the coronation, Prince Charles likes Single Malt Scotch and Dry Gin Martinis which I’m not a big gin fan so I’m going with a single malt scotch.

Thanks Greg ! It must all be delicious especially the Gregarita however out of my expertise. I think I can manage the mint julep and the Scotch .  

My hubby’s knee replacement went well .I think the surgeon deserves most of the credit as I don’t see my H doing all that many of his exercises.  I hope ,  you get some relief from your knee pain soon . 

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Random people in Marrakech

image.thumb.jpeg.f1c5fe22ff5fcb1a7dfbb38a48c31067.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aefa25919b12fd3514615c88964b6c13.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.08d8d1689ad1e24e5096e67ea6780af0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.79d0feff56736bd4a22c6943c7e49211.jpeg

Many stands for eating in the main square. They only have numbers. DS1 cautioned us not to even think about eating there...

image.thumb.jpeg.bd4e5ff3a61266b0d5076fcfacf62255.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.31fbc23e84fea51293b79436465d89df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a920fdd806f61e39cf5cb5307191320c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5081b2b0b85dce37ac5608b5cc0e3a63.jpeg

Yours truly checking the "genuine fakes" of Vuitton, among others 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.65d5f4d1bd0618a2f006c004567ef6ec.jpeg

Fantastic pictures Dani!  Lots of color and the nighttime pictures look really great.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

Thanks Greg ! It must all be delicious especially the Gregarita however out of my expertise. I think I can manage the mint julep and the Scotch .  

My hubby’s knee replacement went well .I think the surgeon deserves most of the credit as I don’t see my H doing all that many of his exercises.  I hope ,  you get some relief from your knee pain soon . 

Hanks saw the doc yesterday. Did x-rays on my back to see if my sciatica pain on my non surgical knee is from may back or arthritis in my knee. He thinks it’s from my knee. Too soon to get another synvisc injection so he gave me a steroid injection and my knee feels much better. Just trying to kick the can down the road and delay my second knee replacement.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

1 cup Vodka (Svedka), 

1/2 cup Gran Marnier, 

INGREDIENTS

2 OZ.

Straight Bourbon Whiskey

1/2 OZ.

Fresh Mint Leaves

Crushed Ice

INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1

STEP 2

STEP 3

Stir.

STEP 4

I use a similar recipe for Mint Juleps.  We have mint growing in our garden and I muddle a half dozen picked mint leaves with a 1/2 oz of simple syrup.  I then add 2-3 oz of bourbon (Woodford Reserve) and a lot of crushed ice.  Delicious.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I'm glad to hear that your DH is doing so well.  His surgeon sounds like a miracle worker!  Jim's knee still bothers him..  🤨  js...

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f087bd1387a45593b317de85bdf66416.jpeg

Absolutely stunning picture.  Very minor alignment correction and this would be worthy of a National Geographic cover.

You have a great eye for capturing the spirit of the location.

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m down in PA babysitting the grandsons while oldest DD Cristina & her DH are off to her 40th birthday trip, an AI in Mexico.  Andy’s wrapping up a bathroom tile project this weekend so he’ll take the train down Monday to join me.  DD & SIL get home Tuesday and we’re taking them & the boys to Flemings for dinner, her choice.  In a last minute change of plans this morning, I ended up having to drive Andy’s truck down as my suv appeared to be leaking some kind of fluid.  His truck drives very nice, not truck like at all, it’s just so da*n big!  But I made it, albeit driving quite a bit slower than I’d drive my own.  Also, I can’t park it to save my life.  Here’s a shot at the service area I stopped at for a coffee & restroom break 😂.IMG_8818.thumb.jpeg.a9ddd518771ff2083edbea2d94b4565a.jpeg

I doubt others trying to park there found it as funny as I did. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I use a similar recipe for Mint Juleps.  We have mint growing in our garden and I muddle a half dozen picked mint leaves with a 1/2 oz of simple syrup.  I then add 2-3 oz of bourbon (Woodford Reserve) and a lot of crushed ice.  Delicious.  

I bet the fresh mint from your garden really makes this cocktail amazing.

• Like 3

The toilet in our master bathroom has a slow leak between the tank and the bowl.  Every hour or so, the water level in the tank would drop enough for the fill valve to open for about 5 seconds to fill the tank.  It was slightly annoying and certainly a waste of water, so I finally got around to "fixing" it yesterday.  I decided to just replace all of the parts in the tank and the gasket between the tank and the bowl.  After 2 trips to Lowes and about 3 hours of work, it's still not working right.  I've got one more thing to try and if that doesn't work, time to throw in the towel and call a plumber.  I have no problem doing anything electrical, but I hate plumbing work.

• Like 9