Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 6/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, Sea Dog said:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I would love to meet you on a cruise one day, Bella 2 is February 2, 2025. We would love for you to join us.

Thanks Greg.  Would love to join you, Linda & everyone here on Bella2 but my son is desperate for me to visit him in Canada in late 2024 and DH only has one main holiday a year which is always in February (and the date is non-negotiable) so Bella2 is not an option for me but i am sure they will be many more Bella cruises and I will definitely plan to be on board a future one.

And I sincerely hope that by the time Bella2 rolls around, the operation & therapy on your other knee  will be behind you and you will be able to enjoy that cruise without any pain.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 68°F and raining here.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Good wishes to everyone on Dani's @dani negreanu thread and hope y'all have a fantastic day.

Good morning!

I am waking up to 74⁰F but it's forcast to hit 97⁰F with a heat index of 104⁰F.  Tomorrow and Friday the highs 104⁰F each day with a heat index of 113⁰F.   Now that's hot even for here.

• Like 4

My poor daughter, the one who lost her husband, can’t catch a break.  She has been suffering with jaw and ear pain.  They extracted her wisdom tooth last week but everything flared up again.  She is now back at the oral surgeon.  Hoping they figure out what is going on.

• Like 26

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline and Sarah are excited to be going to Rod Stewart's concert on Friday.

Boy George and Culture club are one of the supporting artists.

Sounds like a great concert.   A fun evening for Pauline & Sarah.  Boy George & Culture Club - gosh that brings back good memories.  

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

Just now, DaniDanielle said:

My poor daughter, the one who lost her husband, can’t catch a break.  She has been suffering with jaw and ear pain.  They extracted her wisdom tooth last week but everything flared up again.  She is now back at the oral surgeon.  Hoping they figure out what is going on.

Sorry to read this.  That pain is nasty.  Hope the surgeon can resolve quickly for her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Dinner was going to be Mexican or Thai.  We decided on Thai since it’s been awhile since we’ve had it.

Green Curry with Chicken

3F766C58-6C25-4031-B7EE-0BC64C24C8A7.thumb.jpeg.98c099c9d1caf37131205c3c4731cacc.jpeg

Pad See-Ew with Chicken

2BB3E63D-EBFD-420A-86E0-7B42C8755B91.thumb.jpeg.aecb6acc661522b18be3b7c9c7261184.jpeg

Green Bean Basil with Tofu

9803B184-E5F9-4224-877F-867702E38CAE.thumb.jpeg.6079d9678cff1a90adce002c8f4f3fe8.jpeg

It was all very good.  So thankful I was able to sit still.  Maybe I was so focused on the food, I forgot about the pain.

Yum.  Love pad see ew and that tofu dish looks good too and belated Anniversary wishes to you both.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Having said that, they had an absolutely amazing experience. Such a unique festival. There was  a great community spirit throughout the festival , plenty of wonderful smiling volunteers and the festival goers looked out for each other in the very big crowds.  They girls felt safe the entire time and thoroughly enjoyed all the performances whether they were big ones on the main stage or small intimate ones in one of the many tents.

Ah, to be young again!  Your daughter (and son) are really enjoying their young adult years before settling down.  Life is good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 68°F and raining here.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Good wishes to everyone on Dani's @dani negreanu thread and hope y'all have a fantastic day.

Good afternoon, Graham.  Weather here is not pretty.  Temperature in mid 70's, cloudy and humid.

Pauline and Sarah are in for a treat! Rod Stewart is such an energetic performer!

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Power still not restored as of 630 this morning.  Their new estimated time is 10 am.     Eric is going to get generator going as sump pump pit has started to over flow and I don't want to loose all our meats in the freezer.  Guess we should have started generator last night instead of believing Peco 🤥

I'm sorry to hear that your power is still out.  No two ways about it, it's awful.  Thank goodness for your generator!  I sure hope your electric company can resolve this quickly.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Hope to play some catch up on this thread today.  All the rain we have had, has kept us all indoors for some board and card games with the grandkids.  At least it will clear up later today so we can do some biking and make the outdoor concert tonight.  Boating tomorrow. 

Woke up to this text from my son. 

IMG_7725.thumb.png.41ad1819e95c8e8f78a3fddf99f82071.png

Looks like they left the area just in time. He has another day in Paris before flying back to California.  

That's scary.  Our oldest grandson was doing classes this Summer;  a month in Rome, and a month in Paris.  This is the month he is in Paris.  Our daughter (his mom), SIL, and our 2 granddaughters are flying to Paris the first week of July to visit Chris.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I hope they can figure out what is going on and she gets some relief soon. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last weekend, we saw “The Mousetrap”.  Packed out Theatre on all 3 levels.  It had a great set and the Australian actors with their English accents were good but I really wish I had seen it at a  West End theatre on one of my prior visits to London.9DABAB9A-F47A-4D65-9B80-29BD6E463431.thumb.jpeg.035ec72be31b49c8322be32d97c1855a.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline and Sarah are excited to be going to Rod Stewart's concert on Friday.

Boy George and Culture club are one of the supporting artists.

Ah, dear 'ol Rodney🥰

I've been a fan since I saw him in the mid '70s at Reading Rock Festival when he was with The Faces.  I've seen him numerous times, the best being in Las Vegas as it was a small venue. Last time was at the O2.  He can still belt out a good rocking number but nowadays he has  guests,  including his daughter.

I hope Pauline and Sarah have a great time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thanks Greg.  Would love to join you, Linda & everyone here on Bella2 but my son is desperate for me to visit him in Canada in late 2024 and DH only has one main holiday a year which is always in February (and the date is non-negotiable) so Bella2 is not an option for me but i am sure they will be many more Bella cruises and I will definitely plan to be on board a future one.

And I sincerely hope that by the time Bella2 rolls around, the operation & therapy on your other knee  will be behind you and you will be able to enjoy that cruise without any pain.

Thank you and I hope to meet you some day on a cruise. It’s important to spend time with family. I totally understand this.

25 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Im so sorry. That sounds horrible to deal with. I hope they can get it resolved quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

Heat Wave! We're getting a heat wave, supposedly. It is supposed to start on Friday and last over the weekend. Thank goodness, because it is still freezing at our house. Maybe I can finally switch to shorts instead of sweats for a few days.☺️

We’re getting a cold snap here.  It was a chilly 10C and wet here today.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hi Sue.  She arrived home tonight.  She flew home with Singapore airlines.  Prior to boarding at Heathrow her name was called.  She was informed that her economy seat had a fault and they were moving her to another seat which fortunately for her was located in an empty row of 3 seats.  So she made herself comfortable and had a blissful 14hour sleep all the way to Singapore.  From Singapore to Sydney my dad was tracking her flight.  I kept getting updates at work  - “she’s just flying over Broome”, “she will be flying over Uluṟu shortly” and then dad messaged my nephew who lives in the Blue Mountains and was working from home  “she is flying over your house right now”. Have a look out your window and wave” 🤣

Great she had a good flight. Wow 14 hours sleep, sounds like she's been partying whilst here 😁

Singapore Airlines have a very good reputation. If the seats were at the back of the plane, sometimes airlines will block out a few rows for additional rest areas for the crew if flights aren't full 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Oh man.  Your poor daughter.  Jaw and ear pain is the worst!  We had to cancel a transatlantic trip to Iceland from Southhampton a week before we were to fly to London due to intense ear and jaw pain.  Thank goodness for Travel Insurance.  

I sure hope this gets resolved quickly.  🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brookmill18 said:

I have been reading this thread every day almost since the beginning, but haven't participated often. I booked Bella2 bc it does feel like old friends here, but I figured I should start joining in a bit so it's not one sided when we all meet! Hearing that @dani negreanu is now on board for Bella2 gave me the courage to jump in today!  Ive loved reading about the places where everyone lives and it's often made the world seem smaller. Our youngest DD is heading off to college in the fall and about half way through her search decided she thought she wanted to go abroad. So for the past year I thought I would be asking @grapau27for the name of his favorite Italian restaurant because it looked like she was going to go to Durham University! At the last minute she decided to go to University College London instead, so maybe @sgmn can help us out! 

We just returned from our first Celebrity Cruise on Equinox and loved it--was very surprised at the differences from RCCL. Still love both products but was surprised at how different the 2 lines are. Thought of @Sea Dog because one of our stops was Tortola. We decided on a beach day instead of Jost Van Dyke this time but it was one of our all time favorite stops. What I didnt know was how gorgeous the sail away would be--for about 30/40 min I felt like we were in Fiji--the small islands all around us were spectacular. I sat on our balcony for over an hour just enjoying the sail away. Just a heads up for when you get back on board! Hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome @brookmill18

Glad you've jumped in and joined us. Dani's thread is a very inclusive family. 

Durham and UCL are both very good unis, I'm sure your daughter will have a great time.  She must be bright to be accepted on courses at either uni. 

Unfortunately,  though I live only about 40 miles from London, I'm not a Londoner and only know it as a day visitor, though I did go on day release courses from my job in the '70s to a college that was in Leicester Square. We use to eat at The Stockpot then, cheap and cheerful , but now closed down

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/features/the-stockpot-a-sad-farewell-to-that-rare-beast-a-cheap-london-restaurant-a6756246.html

Like most major cities there is every cuisine under the sun and I'm sure she will soon find her favourites

I'm sure she will soon settle in, freshers week is when all the university society's and clubs hold events and sessions so would advise to attend as many as possible to get a feel for what extracurricular activities there are. 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Last weekend, we saw “The Mousetrap”.  Packed out Theatre on all 3 levels.  It had a great set and the Australian actors with their English accents were good but I really wish I had seen it at a  West End theatre on one of my prior visits to London.9DABAB9A-F47A-4D65-9B80-29BD6E463431.thumb.jpeg.035ec72be31b49c8322be32d97c1855a.jpeg

Did you guess 'who dun it' ?

Oldest running show in London, since the 1950s

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I know from personal experience when my dentist told me I had the worst infection he had ever seen how painful this must be for your dear daughter Marietta.

I was given Metronidazole antibiotic tablets and needed 2 doses as well as having a tooth removed to solve the issue.

I hope she can get relief quickly from her infection.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brookmill18 said:

I have been reading this thread every day almost since the beginning, but haven't participated often. I booked Bella2 bc it does feel like old friends here, but I figured I should start joining in a bit so it's not one sided when we all meet! Hearing that @dani negreanu is now on board for Bella2 gave me the courage to jump in today!  Ive loved reading about the places where everyone lives and it's often made the world seem smaller. Our youngest DD is heading off to college in the fall and about half way through her search decided she thought she wanted to go abroad. So for the past year I thought I would be asking @grapau27for the name of his favorite Italian restaurant because it looked like she was going to go to Durham University! At the last minute she decided to go to University College London instead, so maybe @sgmn can help us out! 

We just returned from our first Celebrity Cruise on Equinox and loved it--was very surprised at the differences from RCCL. Still love both products but was surprised at how different the 2 lines are. Thought of @Sea Dog because one of our stops was Tortola. We decided on a beach day instead of Jost Van Dyke this time but it was one of our all time favorite stops. What I didnt know was how gorgeous the sail away would be--for about 30/40 min I felt like we were in Fiji--the small islands all around us were spectacular. I sat on our balcony for over an hour just enjoying the sail away. Just a heads up for when you get back on board! Hope everyone has a great day!

Welcome to the "family"!  Glad you are coming on Bella2!!

• Like 2