Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Coal wore himself out helping me block my newest shawl.

Whoyou.thumb.jpeg.208c75f0fb4e44f11e297445ff1a8881.jpeg

I love all the angles and patterns of the different stitches.  Did you follow a specific pattern, or did you design this yourself?  As always, I'm intrigued.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are still under a code red alert for air quality today, because of all the smoke.  It did clear a little yesterday morning so we could get out for a while, but then it came back. 

Don’t know if that is what caused it, but Susan started feeling “off” while we were out, then felt sick by the end of the day.  She took a Covid test, so it is not that.  For some reason, she still takes those.  Maybe because she is still a Covid virgin and she feels she missed out. 

Golfing grandson won his second match yesterday, so now at 2 for 2. He was pleased with his play, and the course had his picture on FB for a birdie on the toughest hole on the course. 

Talking about taking all the grandkids and daughter to the Japanese restaurant for lunch today, while Susan rests.  

Hoping Susan is feeling better by now.  I love Japanese food.  Lucky kids!!

Your grandson is quite the golfer.  How exciting it must have been for him to not only win his match, but also to see his picture on FB for his birdie!  Congratulations to him!!!!!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, derorim said:

I love all the angles and patterns of the different stitches.  Did you follow a specific pattern, or did you design this yourself?  As always, I'm intrigued.

I am not good at design.  It was a mystery knit along pattern where I received 6 clues over 2 months.  It was very interesting because it was made in 2 different sections and then put together.  There are certain designers that I trust their mysteries will turn out well.  

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am not good at design.  It was a mystery knit along pattern where I received 6 clues over 2 months.  It was very interesting because it was made in 2 different sections and then put together.  There are certain designers that I trust their mysteries will turn out well.  

(comes out of lurk)
Is that a Lisa K Ross design?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

She is home resting today, while I have the grandkids out to contemplate the water wall at the Japanese restaurant.  

IMG_7761.thumb.jpeg.851fed68560d82a277e8a765ab18bff5.jpeg

And have some fun at the indoor trampoline park

IMG_7767.thumb.jpeg.ca291cdb8206230ebc74a11230d68711.jpeg

Happy Anniversary 

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 12th anniversary for your youngest daughter Lenny.

56261.jpg

Thanks for the beautiful greeting,Graham

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is the 12th.wedding anniversary for my younger daughter and her husband.

We will celebrate tomorrow.

Happy Anniversary!

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Coal wore himself out helping me block my newest shawl.

Whoyou.thumb.jpeg.208c75f0fb4e44f11e297445ff1a8881.jpeg

Beautiful!!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I do have the kit to make Just Beachy but I haven't started it yet.  

I took a class with Lisa Ross at Four Purls in Winter Haven Florida - she was delightful. I have Coming Together on the needles. 🙂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

In the line ready to get in. Owen had an impromptu game of catch with some other “kids at heart”. 

IMG_9943.thumb.jpeg.22378f0ce458a15d75d6546742737312.jpeg

Have fun at the games!  We have gone to Blue Jays vs Tigers games in the past.  Always a good time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I had to look up "mystery knit along."  That sounds like fun, and I can see how you would need to trust the designer.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I am sure you all get stick  insects in your gardens.  I snapped a photo of this one because I haven’t seen one this big for quite a while.

71D1A70B-477D-4421-9C98-CCBCF36EA2CD.thumb.jpeg.7d41c0bdd2e710c56a4967cfa5eec756.jpeg

That's a bug??  Yikes 😱  I've never seen one.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Find a house/pet sitter?  We have a young lady we use when we go away. She is a friend of one of our neighbors ( he knows her from the same church they go to.)

We have a wonderful dog sitter.  She shocked us yesterday when we dropped our dog off.  She explained she had a cardiac event last Friday and had 2 stents put in.  She canceled all of the dogs except ours, because she adores her.  She said that they would spend the week on the couch watching movies.  Luckily her husband is retired and will be around to help.  She called some of her clients from the ambulance!  The doctor told her she was in great shape and very little damage had been done.  

• Like 19

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Well,the President of the last company I worked for was a childhood friend of Rico Petrocelli.At the time he was actively playing I rooted for the Red Sox against the Crankees.

Now, now, Lenny, be nice. 🫢  Just love your team.

And Happy Anniversary to your daughter and SIL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keksie said:

I’ve never heard of this.  What a great idea.  Your shawl is stunning.

• Thanks 1