Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Make sure to rest. My friend who had the same cancer and treatment will be over my house for a get together. Any questions you  want me to ask him?

Dental guys have talked about dry mouth, and I have a couple of products they have recommended.  Oncologist has talked about the issue with swallowing food, and the GI has installed a PET tube  so food and meds can bypass throat.  A nutritionist is calling tomorrow to discuss sourcing the food part. 

Oncologist said after a week or so it could be an issue, but she said they just had a patient receive the same treatment without issue.  I think the swallow issue (I hope) for our Oct 7 cruise.  May find out otherwise later.  Based on what I have related , any comments that I would not have thought to ask is always appreciated.

I do use gmail , and i am franinpbg.    

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Dental guys have talked about dry mouth, and I have a couple of products they have recommended.  Oncologist has talked about the issue with swallowing food, and the GI has installed a PET tube  so food and meds can bypass throat.  A nutritionist is calling tomorrow to discuss sourcing the food part. 

Oncologist said after a week or so it could be an issue, but she said they just had a patient receive the same treatment without issue.  I think the swallow issue (I hope) for our Oct 7 cruise.  May find out otherwise later.  Based on what I have related , any comments that I would not have thought to ask is always appreciated.

I do use gmail , and i am franinpbg.    

I remember him telling me about the dry mouth issue. I will talk to him Saturday and report back to you.

• Thanks 1

Went to Playa Mia for Mexican cuisine workshop. It had open bar, lunch and some beach time. Buses were clean and ac was A plus. We did this excursion 6 years ago and really enjoyed it. Very hot today though, so chilling out in the DL. There is a poor old guy here all the time laying on the couch....watch it you guys, keep the wife happy or to the couch in the dl.🤣

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Went to Playa Mia for Mexican cuisine workshop. It had open bar, lunch and some beach time. Buses were clean and ac was A plus. We did this excursion 6 years ago and really enjoyed it. Very hot today though, so chilling out in the DL. There is a poor old guy here all the time laying on the couch....watch it you guys, keep the wife happy or to the couch in the dl.🤣

I hope you are having a wonderful cruise,Arzeena.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s great. It’s weird I actually like mowing. Linda has said why don’t you get a riding lawnmower. I say no because I like the exercise walking. 

I love mowing the lawn also, Greg!  This year I've begun using the ride-on mower, however.  My legs can't use the pusher for as long as I used to any more.

I'm glad to hear that Linda is doing well.  I'm not glad to hear how much pain your knee is giving you.  

I hope Linda's brother will be okay so that both you and Linda will be cruising together in October.  I know how much you are looking forward to cruising on Adventure and meeting up with some of the Bella gang.

9 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Second chemo treatment and FIRST radiation today.  The journey begins.

Hope this works.

You are in my thoughts.  Wishing you a successful journey.  My cousin just had her first chemo today.  Radiation to follow.  Cancer sucks big time.  You've got this!!

7 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I finished 18 months ago. You can do this! One treatment at a time.  

Congratulations!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

For Greg. It's not that wow inspiring but I know you will smile at an amateur rope picture taker.

20230809_152746.jpg

Winner.... Winner! You can't go wrong with mooring lines.

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

I love mowing the lawn also, Greg!  This year I've begun using the ride-on mower, however.  My legs can't use the pusher for as long as I used to any more.

I'm glad to hear that Linda is doing well.  I'm not glad to hear how much pain your knee is giving you.  

I hope Linda's brother will be okay so that both you and Linda will be cruising together in October.  I know how much you are looking forward to cruising on Adventure and meeting up with some of the Bella gang.

Thanks Maryann. I'll keep on mowing till I can't physically anymore. I enjoy being outside. Don't think Linda's brother will be around too much longer. One of the doctors in the ER told him maybe a couple of months, which I thought that was irresponsible to say that without further diagnosis. That's why I used my connections over at KU Hospital to get him in to see their top pulmonologist. We will see what happens.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Maryann. I'll keep on mowing till I can't physically anymore. I enjoy being outside. Don't think Linda's brother will be around too much longer. One of the doctors in the ER told him maybe a couple of months, which I thought that was irresponsible to say that without further diagnosis. That's why I used my connections over at KU Hospital to get him in to see their top pulmonologist. We will see what happens.

I love being outside, also!

I'm so sorry about Linda's brother.  It is never easy.😢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The mooring lines that really intrigue me are when two ships tie up to the same post and do it in away  that they don't interfere  with the other ship untying. If I watch it seems simple,  then go crazy trying to remember  what they actually did.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

For Greg. It's not that wow inspiring but I know you will smile at an amateur rope picture taker.

20230809_152746.jpg

I really think you have a winner there, maybe the shortest rope line I have ever seen pictured. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa is excited.  

The presale text from Ticketmaster just came through for the Taylor Swift pre-sale tomorrow.  She has her fingers crossed, as the concert is November of 2024. 

🤞

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa is excited.  

The presale text from Ticketmaster just came through for the Taylor Swift pre-sale tomorrow.  She has her fingers crossed, as the concert is November of 2024. 

Does she need a friendship bracelet? 

For a small price, I may be able to acquire one.😃

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 11

Lisa is excited.  

Never knew they sold concert tickets 15 months out.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Winner.... Winner! You can't go wrong with mooring lines.

I urge everyone who posts on this thread who is into prayer to pray for Linda’s brother .Prayers work.I know this for a fact.

• Like 12

Lisa is excited.  

My son Jonathan got to see her in Kansas City. He said it was a fantastic concert.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

I urge everyone who posts on this thread who is into prayer to pray for Linda’s brother .Prayers work.I know this for a fact.

Thank you Lenny. Linda thought that was really special for you to do that. 

• Like 9

On 8/8/2023 at 9:07 PM, Sea Dog said:

That’s great. It’s weird I actually like mowing. Linda has said why don’t you get a riding lawnmower. I say no because I like the exercise walking. 

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I

Back in the day when I used to sit in the office behind a computer for 12 hours a day, plus a 1 hour commute each way, I loved mowing my lawn. I was outside, doing physical labor and the yard would look great afterwards. It was nice to sit on my deck and admire the work after I was done. I had a walk-behind, self-propelled mower that would mulch, bag or side-discharge depending on how overgrown the yard had become.

I still do my own mowing, one of the few as it seems most of my neighbors have opted for a lawn service.  Now I do it for the exercise.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Back in the day when I used to sit in the office behind a computer for 12 hours a day, plus a 1 hour commute each way, I loved mowing my lawn. I was outside, doing physical labor and the yard would look great afterwards. It was nice to sit on my deck and admire the work after I was done. I had a walk-behind, self-propelled mower that would mulch, bag or side-discharge depending on how overgrown the yard had become.

I still do my own mowing, one of the few as it seems most of my neighbors have opted foa r lawn service.  Now I do it for the exercise.

Most of our neighbors have lawn service.  I've taken pride in how our lawn looks with my mowing.  My neighbor up the street from me, Nancy, has been doing her lawn on her ride-on mower since I've met her, six years ago that we've lived here.  This is the first year that I've begun mowing with our ride-on.

Last year, our neighbors across the street tragically lost their 21 year old daughter, and as I was trying to console him, he stood there in shock and began saying his lawn was a mess.  After he went inside, I grabbed my walk-behind mower and began mowing his lawn.  Jim began edging the lawn.  My friend Nancy saw us and came down on her ride-on mower.  After we were done, Nancy said she and I could start our own lawn service, called OLLS, short for Old Ladies Lawn Service.  LOL!   As I said before, I now mow most of our front, side and back lawn while riding on the mower.  I'm actually getting braver with it, by upping the speed on it!  😉

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

I sprayed weeds today with the backpack sprayer. <shrug> ☺️ But I'm beat. It gets more and more difficult to carry that much weight on my back. And I just did the flat areas. Bill mows it, we have an electric mower and the front lawn is only about 400 sq. feet lawn. I do all the pest control. 

Did you see the online article about the lady on her riding mower? Hawk dropped its captured snake on her arm and then came down to retrieve it. In between the (non venomous) snake bites and the hawk scratching at her arm to retrieve the snake, her arm was badly mangled. 

And we are so sad about the fires on Maui and what has happened to the town and people of Lahaina. 😔

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Never knew they sold concert tickets 15 months out.

Not normally but never underestimate the power of Taylor Swift. Remember, she “broke” Ticketmaster with her American concert release and her concerts are an economic boom to the communities she visits.

She is doing 6 concerts in Rogers Centre (Sky Dome home of the Blue Jays) over 2 weekends. These are her only Canadian dates, so they will be hot tickets. I know someone from NY state that saw her this concert series, who will see her again this November in Brazil when she goes home for a visit.  She tried to get the presale for Toronto but had no luck. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Most of our neighbors have lawn service.  I've taken pride in how our lawn looks with my mowing.  My neighbor up the street from me, Nancy, has been doing her lawn on her ride-on mower since I've met her, six years ago that we've lived here.  This is the first year that I've begun mowing with our ride-on.

Last year, our neighbors across the street tragically lost their 21 year old daughter, and as I was trying to console him, he stood there in shock and began saying his lawn was a mess.  After he went inside, I grabbed my walk-behind mower and began mowing his lawn.  Jim began edging the lawn.  My friend Nancy saw us and came down on her ride-on mower.  After we were done, Nancy said she and I could start our own lawn service, called OLLS, short for Old Ladies Lawn Service.  LOL!   As I said before, I now mow most of our front, side and back lawn while riding on the mower.  I'm actually getting braver with it, by upping the speed on it!  😉

That was very nice that everyone rallied together to help your neighbor.

I'm the say as you.  I love being outdoors and doing yard work.   For me, mowing the lawn is something I enjoy doing and even with Eric retired I want to mow.

I always say I prefer my outdoor chores much more than cleaning bathrooms or mopping floors.

• Like 4