Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

48 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I can eat matzo for about 2 days and after that it's just easier to go without. One of my daughters could actually live on it.

I guess it also goes down to "supply and demand"...

When I was a kid in Bucharest, I was eagerly waiting for Passover, which, at least for me, meant "matzos". 

Everything was done in secrecy... My father will travel to another part of the city, bought ONE package of matzos [very expensive], wrapped it in newspaper [to "camouflage" the contents], and brought it home.

I used to dip many pieces in my tea. It was delicious, as is today. But today I'm counting my calories....

Here, in Israel, there is no shortage of matzos, even outside Passover period. I can easily afford many packages.

I remember the 1st year in Israel. I waited for the last minute to buy bread, wanting it fresh for all Passover week. I went to our grocery store early in the morning, and was astonished that there was no bread. I asked: "where is the bread"?, "the holiday starts only in the afternoon".

The grocer laughed at me and said: "People are stocking bread at least 2-3 days before Passover. Just put it in the freezer.... you should know for the next time....".

Lesson learned.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Same here. I gave up watching "reality" TV shows years ago, especially the thinly disguised scripted ones. I have checked it out and thought about watching past seasons on a rainy/snowy day. But I'm usually busy watching quality shows like "Cobra Kai" or "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". 😆

I love 'strictly come dancing' and 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here' but hubby hates ALL reality shows. Causes friction sometimes..... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm ready to get the convertible out of winter storage in garage and put roof down🤩

We had the roof down today for the first time this year, it was a balmy 14 degrees centigrade 😁

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Different day, different view.  I guess I didn’t need to worry about spring break crowds here.  Hardly a footprint in the sand, other than ours. 😁

4B5AA46F-5D11-49E3-97A9-195E0A6C6051.thumb.jpeg.faafb964089b329222847d80be32352e.jpeg

When you live in a place like this, you go to the beach on the weekend, and work during the week. When you visit , you travel during the weekend, and go to the beach during the week.

When I first lived here, I took the children to Disney on a Monday,  Big mistake. Guys I worked with told me what I just posted.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sgmn said:

We had the roof down today for the first time this year, it was a balmy 14 degrees centigrade 😁

We reached a balmy 18 degree C (65 F) today but I got busy with work and couldn't play.     

Next couple of days are to be really nice so I will definitely take the car cover off her and get her out to play this week.   Yes, my car is a girl!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Hopefully it didn't earn her Monopoly playing time.

That answer is no. All is good with here. The other guy’s disappeared as well. 

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Had to settle for window shopping this morning.  Can’t believe the boss wouldn’t let me go in the door. 

Boss here and I were having comparable discussions today. 

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm ready to get the convertible out of winter storage in garage and put roof down🤩

We have a good 4-6 weeks to go here before I will even consider it. The first of the snow tires come off Lisa’s car on the 15th. The stormtrooper is mid-April as it goes direct to summer tires. Supposedly we have over seasonal highs tomorrow.

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

When you live in a place like this, you go to the beach on the weekend, and work during the week. When you visit , you travel during the weekend, and go to the beach during the week.

When I first lived here, I took the children to Disney on a Monday,  Big mistake. Guys I worked with told me what I just posted.

People work down here🤔

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We have a good 4-6 weeks to go here before I will even consider it. The first of the snow tires come off Lisa’s car on the 15th. The stormtrooper is mid-April as it goes direct to summer tires. Supposedly we have over seasonal highs tomorrow.

We just have tires

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Had to settle for window shopping this morning.  Can’t believe the boss wouldn’t let me go in the door. 

300AFFBE-21D3-44F8-866A-97561C5C867B.thumb.jpeg.747a89353b744d730e1ee3680c3ea5df.jpeg

I actually saw a McLaren in Ocala yesterday.

***** cut me off. Who drives a car like that in suburban traffic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

All seasons just aren’t the same IMO.  I also have track tires. They do water but there is some butt pucker depending on the level of it. 

We don't have seasons other than pollen, snowbird, and Love Bug

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

So we found a little place called Gadsby’s tonight, that is done like a prohibition speakeasy.  Very good food, and a little wine to go with it.  Plus, they had some live music. 

A08C78B5-086E-4FC7-9FFD-6B084E0F7224.thumb.jpeg.25755bb7d7586577e59eb467f3e23a49.jpeg

shrimp with zucchini noodles ( because we are still dieting).

3D11B310-3C2F-4D52-AE06-C74A7AE8087C.thumb.jpeg.995dd932ef20b376f6fef951311d7bff.jpeg

I can’t say how much more relaxed we have felt after they “double shot of my baby’s love” vaccine. 

It wasn’t crowded, the food was good, and someone else was cooking for a change. 

But, the boss has told me at least 3 times a day that she wishes we were on a cruise. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So we found a little place called Gadsby’s tonight, that is done like a prohibition speakeasy.  Very good food, and a little wine to go with it.  Plus, they had some live music. 

A08C78B5-086E-4FC7-9FFD-6B084E0F7224.thumb.jpeg.25755bb7d7586577e59eb467f3e23a49.jpeg

3D11B310-3C2F-4D52-AE06-C74A7AE8087C.thumb.jpeg.995dd932ef20b376f6fef951311d7bff.jpeg

I can’t say how much more relaxed we have felt after they “double shot of my baby’s love” vaccine. 

It wasn’t crowded, the food was good, and someone else was cooking for a change. 

But, the boss has told me at least 3 times a day that she wishes we were on a cruise. 

Only 3 times. I don't keep track of how many times I hear that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

We love Gallagher’s in NYC just a couple of blocks from our favorite hotel Michealanglos , as a speak easy a hundred years ago amazing bar and restaurant.  Can’t wait to our next visit 

• Like 1