Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We hardly ever watch any shows unless it’s recorded. I hate commercials.

Same here, I record just about everything to skip commercials as well as the convenience of watching when I'm ready or in the mood for a particular show.  Sometimes I have 3 shows recording at the same time.  Drives Eric nuts!!   Short drive..hehe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ourusualbeach

Was looking for "our" Maureen's thread.  I had a feeling it will be "short-lived" 😅

I think it might have violated T&C about solicitation or asking for charity or something similar.  Hopefully it didn't earn her Monopoly playing time.

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I feel like I'm missing out by not watching Below Deck.  Not enough to make me actually want to watch it, but missing out none the less.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are not alone with that thought

Same here. I gave up watching "reality" TV shows years ago, especially the thinly disguised scripted ones. I have checked it out and thought about watching past seasons on a rainy/snowy day. But I'm usually busy watching quality shows like "Cobra Kai" or "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". 😆

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nice day here today. A little cool at 60F but bright sun and not a cloud in the sky. We decided to do a little exploring. Started by visiting a park that is on the west/marsh/intracoastal waterway side of the island. Would be a great place to watch the sunset with a glass of wine. 
6DF868AB-4B01-4852-8FEC-1984DE788824.thumb.jpeg.4a768ca4a0a90a62d80d2e622840577b.jpeg169503E4-46B9-452C-8EFB-E7EB74840BE2.thumb.jpeg.739813317f8b8436b67d9ed12d0a62c0.jpeg1FC5E2F4-C976-4839-BA29-9601ABDAD24E.thumb.jpeg.1ddc6eeb92aed568ede51484b7ab8356.jpeg687542DC-8E15-4A37-B22C-377433835432.thumb.jpeg.29216786e155bfb6db20512e22d94908.jpegD4E82F7D-6760-4CEA-9DC5-CD9661876A5C.thumb.jpeg.a0168b4ccb11e02a4a449f51ad17910a.jpeg89215F5F-8219-407E-B679-2C2C339E32FF.thumb.jpeg.8507a4f920779cd173416dcd9ff9da8d.jpeg0FFBA030-5E04-42CE-AC70-7B2462CBBEDC.thumb.jpeg.4556a4128cb23a6e3e9204d4ac14d6f2.jpeg

IMG_6819.MOV 30.76 MB · 1 download

Beautiful!!  🤗👍

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here, I record just about everything to skip commercials as well as the convenience of watching when I'm ready or in the mood for a particular show.  Sometimes I have 3 shows recording at the same time.  Drives Eric nuts!!   Short drive..hehe

Totally agree we never watch anything live, we currently have dish network which allows you to record over ten shows at same time. 

• Like 1

To all those who posted pictures.

H20ski

Milwaukee

Singingalot

Bobmacliberty

A & L

Damn, you guys are good.

I've been thinking about sharing some more stuff soon.

Too many variables coming into play, we shall see, if ........

Be safe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going to reward ourselves by finally....finally!!....getting both bathrooms finished.  

We are past 3 weeks after our 2nd Moderna shots so we are going to venture out of our hermit hole for a couple of days.  Will still wear masks where suggested, no problem there.  Makes others feel more comfortable.  🙂 

Driving up to St. Augustine to stay at a favorite B&B on the waterfront for two nights.  Tomorrow night we are on a sail boat for a sunset cruise (got lucky with the weather!).   Have reservations for a nice dinner in town tonight at popular small restaurant within walking distance.  

Wine is packed, and so are we.  🤗

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The average kitchen renovation in the US costs $30,000 to $40,000 USD ---- some much higher depending on size and finishes selected.

Last year I had a quote to redo mine and was something like $35,000 (without appliances) and that wasn't high end finishes.

Woooah, I had no idea it is so expensive.

I've seen M8 house, big, spacious, with a pool, I think in a nice neighborhood, priced for a little above half a million, so didn't imagine the price of the kitchen will be almost 10% of the house's price (the "lot" sometimes is more than 70-80% of the house' price, at least in Israel).

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've seen M8 house, big, spacious, with a pool, I think in a nice neighborhood, priced for a little above half a million, so didn't imagine the price of the kitchen will be almost 10% of the house's price (the "lot" sometimes is more than 70-80% of the house' price, at least in Israel).

Yes, ridiculous high.  I can put a new roof on my house for around $10 or $12,000 but kitchens and bathrooms are costly.   We redid our master bathroom 2 yrs ago and that cost $12 or $13,000.     I have done tiling myself but this time I left it to the professionals.  

Other bathrooms we have done ourselves for much less.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Going to reward ourselves by finally....finally!!....getting both bathrooms finished.  

We are past 3 weeks after our 2nd Moderna shots so we are going to venture out of our hermit hole for a couple of days.  Will still wear masks where suggested, no problem there.  Makes others feel more comfortable.  🙂 

Driving up to St. Augustine to stay at a favorite B&B on the waterfront for two nights.  Tomorrow night we are on a sail boat for a sunset cruise (got lucky with the weather!).   Have reservations for a nice dinner in town tonight at popular small restaurant within walking distance.  

Enjoy. Cheers...🍷🍷

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

Sounds wonderful.  

We are expecting temps in the 60s this week, here in Pa.  Still have snow melting in my yard.  Cannot wait for it to be gone.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Driving up to St. Augustine to stay at a favorite B&B on the waterfront for two nights. 

Pat & Bucky,

Enjoy your long deserved "break" from the bathrooms ...

"break"? "bathrooms"?

What was I thinking ? 😁

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

We really love the Columbia House. Which restaurant do you find you enjoy in St Augustine?

M8

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Price to remodel a kitchen or bath has doubled...tripled or more in just the few years.  What used to be 20K to remodel a modest kitchen...is now 40K or more...and climbing.   

Our regular size main bathroom was over 20K...which was close to what the price to remodel our entire well proportioned kitchen for 5 years ago.  Ughh!  Though we indeed do all the work ourselves..so it would have been much more if contracted out.  

Then...even worse...is back up of any of the building supplies.  Supply and demand.  Lots of us staying home to do home projects as "Covid 19 Hermits".  😮 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Enjoy. Cheers...🍷🍷

Thanks...taking a break from laptops as well.  Since just two nights, leaving both the big one and little laptop (one I take on cruises) home.  Just the phone.  

Will be "offline" for next 3 days.  Post some pictures when I return.  

Cheers back at 'cha my friend!  🍷    Oh, wine check...two bottles New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc...check!  One bottle killer "Double Black" Zinfandel for Bucky, and a Red Blend for our sunset cruise..check!  Oh man...just realized!  We are ON A CRUISE TOMORROW!!  😄 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds wonderful.  

We are expecting temps in the 60s this week, here in Pa.  Still have snow melting in my yard.  Cannot wait for it to be gone.

Thanks!   Actually only going to be in the 60s in St. Augustine as well.  Had not planned on having to take so many "cold weather clothes" which take up more room in what I wanted to be minimal packing.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We really love the Columbia House. Which restaurant do you find you enjoy in St Augustine?

M8

We usually do go to Columbia House for lunch...but will go beachside tomorrow.  

Dinner tonight has reservations at Collage.  http://www.collagestaug.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks...taking a break from laptops as well.  Since just two nights, leaving both the big one and little laptop (one I take on cruises) home.  Just the phone.  

Will be "offline" for next 3 days.  Post some pictures when I return.  

Cheers back at 'cha my friend!  🍷    Oh, wine check...two bottles New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc...check!  One bottle killer "Double Black" Zinfandel for Bucky, and a Red Blend for our sunset cruise..check!  Oh man...just realized!  We are ON A CRUISE TOMORROW!!  😄 

Bon Voyage...🥂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

We usually do go to Columbia House for lunch...but will go beachside tomorrow.  

Dinner tonight has reservations at Collage.  http://www.collagestaug.com/

Thanks. We will need to try that place. We’ve only stopped in to the Columbia house for lunch or very early dinner. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 8:46 AM, dani negreanu said:

Same here about the freezer ... have to stock up on bread, beigels, pretzels, breadcrumbs and related bread products in "anticipation" of Passover.... there is a limit to the quantity of "matzos" a person can eat 😉

I can eat matzo for about 2 days and after that it's just easier to go without. One of my daughters could actually live on it.

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Mid-50's to 60 in my corner of NY for the rest of the week. That should wipe out the rest of the snow which still covers about half the yard.

Let me get out my temperature conversion chart.....yep, just as I thought...a NY/PA 60 degrees equals a Florida 85. I'll probably need to use the A/C in the car. lol

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Mid-50's to 60 in my corner of NY for the rest of the week. That should wipe out the rest of the snow which still covers about half the yard.

Let me get out my temperature conversion chart.....yep, just as I thought...a NY/PA 60 degrees equals a Florida 85. I'll probably need to use the A/C in the car. lol

I'm ready to get the convertible out of winter storage in garage and put roof down🤩

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

Price to remodel a kitchen or bath has doubled...tripled or more in just the few years.  What used to be 20K to remodel a modest kitchen...is now 40K or more...and climbing.   

Our regular size main bathroom was over 20K...which was close to what the price to remodel our entire well proportioned kitchen for 5 years ago.  Ughh!  Though we indeed do all the work ourselves..so it would have been much more if contracted out.  

Then...even worse...is back up of any of the building supplies.  Supply and demand.  Lots of us staying home to do home projects as "Covid 19 Hermits".  😮 

The prices are ridiculous but our bathroom should be finished this week. The glass for the shower comes today and they have reassured me that it will work. 6' x 8' , floor to ceiling, frameless. Only clips holding it in. I'm very nervous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Had to settle for window shopping this morning.  Can’t believe the boss wouldn’t let me go in the door. 

300AFFBE-21D3-44F8-866A-97561C5C867B.thumb.jpeg.747a89353b744d730e1ee3680c3ea5df.jpeg

When we were in london I went window shopping for Aston Martin's.  Picked out everything and put on my christmas wish list in 2018.  I guess the container ship must still be in quarantine.  LOL!

• Like 1