Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You should have got them to blow their horn!  I miss hearing that sound!!

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love that sound. One time leaving St. Maarten, Adventure and Ocean Village had an epic horn battle. I was in heaven.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

This was P&O Oceana leaving Newcastle last year shortly before she was sold.

Her horn was blown many times.

Should you wish to hear a horn blown every night, Captain Kate (Celebrity Edge) is "Instagraming" it (captainkatemccue). 

There is a bunch of Celebrity ships idling near Miami beach, and they all blow the horn at 7.30PM.

So sad seeing all those cruise ships without us.... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

This was P&O Oceana leaving Newcastle last year shortly before she was sold.

Her horn was blown many times.

Love Pauline's cameo. One time, on a cruise ship, forget which one, a neighboring Princess ship's horn blasted the Love Boat theme....Love, exciting and new.  Come aboard we're expecting you. So cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Love Pauline's cameo. One time, on a cruise ship, forget which one, a neighboring Princess ship's horn blasted the Love Boat theme....Love, exciting and new.  Come aboard we're expecting you. So cool.

I remember a Disney ship in St Maarten playing.

When you Wish Upon a Star.

It was magical.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I remember a Disney ship in St Maarten playing.

When you Wish Upon a Star.

It was magical.

As long as it's not 'It's a Small World'

Sick of that song.  That was my Mom's favorite ride and she always made us go on it with her.  That and the now defunct Tiki Birds.  DH used to work at Disney as well, so over Small World... :classic_wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, given the choice of a Vegan Cafe, that had no vegans inside, or outside waiting to get in, or a place called Meat Emporium, guess which I would choose?

A1A117B5-E930-4EE8-8075-7A1FC4ED7D57.thumb.jpeg.868882231d1e54042a1436009ef48d08.jpeg

I like that they have a simple “Meat Menu”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jk04 said:

As long as it's not 'It's a Small World'

Sick of that song.  That was my Mom's favorite ride and she always made us go on it with her.  That and the now defunct Tiki Birds.  DH used to work at Disney as well, so over Small World... :classic_wacko:

We have been on that ride several times at WDW Florida and Disneyland Paris.

IMG_20190119_194110.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So, given the choice of a Vegan Cafe, that had no vegans inside, or outside waiting to get in, or a place called Meat Emporium, guess which I would choose?

A1A117B5-E930-4EE8-8075-7A1FC4ED7D57.thumb.jpeg.868882231d1e54042a1436009ef48d08.jpeg

I like that they have a simple “Meat Menu”

I got jokes.  At 3:20 mark, my favorite. Bacon!

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont

Day light until 6PM 😁

Another two weeks for us until Days Savings Light...

Sunrise here is 6:43 and sunset is 6:27. We have good light from 6:30 am to 7pm. In a couple day sunset will be 8pm. 🙂

• Like 1

So I have the suitcases opened airing out in the guest room Clothes and travel items pulled ready to go in, once the DH gets home from work.   Door has to be kept close. Why?  Because I’m concerned “The Cat” would either throw  up in or use the suitcases as a litter box. 

99403EFC-4034-46CB-9BAA-83FE2E889C5A.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Door has to be kept close. Why?  Because I’m concerned “The Cat” would either throw  up in or use the suitcases as a litter box. 

But, if I'm not mistaken, I see "The Cat" "checking out" one of the suitcases....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The boss and I went to the lighting store today and finalized our lighting and fixture choice (and paid). We will pick ceiling fans in a couple of months. 

I’ve been riding a motorcycle for off and on 45 years. This 80th Bikeweek is to total 💩 show. We parked our bikes yesterday and today. Too many crazy people here. I think people have been cooped up too long and just want to feel free and act and ride like idiots. Lots of facilities this week. Will probably set a record. We will venture out again early tomorrow and head out to Destination Daytona (BRDHD). It’s now only 2 miles from our Townhouse. They are having live bands, so we will enjoy that.  Most everyone leaves town Sunday AM so us locals can have a day to ourselves. 

It’s crazy. Have been attending Bikeweek since the late 70’s and this one is the wildest. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

But, if I'm not mistaken, I see "The Cat" "checking out" one of the suitcases....😉

Ever since I retired, the cat is my shadow.  Where ever I go, she goes.

And I mean everywhere.  

I was putting some more stuff in room and she jumped up on be laid on pillows.  Went downstairs to get my phone to take a picture and she was exploring.  

Checked suitcases, not wet and no puke.

Dodged a cat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Looking forward to meeting yourself and all our friends on here.

I'm going to hook up with you guys at some point. Trying to get my cruises all aligned with everyone else.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The boss and I went to the lighting store today and finalized our lighting and fixture choice (and paid). We will pick ceiling fans in a couple of months. 

I’ve been riding a motorcycle for off and on 45 years. This 80th Bikeweek is to total 💩 show. We parked our bikes yesterday and today. Too many crazy people here. I think people have been cooped up too long and just want to feel free and act and ride like idiots. Lots of facilities this week. Will probably set a record. We will venture out again early tomorrow and head out to Destination Daytona (BRDHD). It’s now only 2 miles from our Townhouse. They are having live bands, so we will enjoy that.  Most everyone leaves town Sunday AM so us locals can have a day to ourselves. 

It’s crazy. Have been attending Bikeweek since the late 70’s and this one is the wildest. 

One of our biggest customers is there. She is an attorney that represents bikers. I'm sure she will fill us in on any exciting details.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1