Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Just left Birthday wishes to you on Bella's thread.  I am delighted to wish you the same on here.

Thank you so much that was lovely of you.

Love Pauline ❤️

We just booked a cruise.  Indy 6 day  departing from Miami. October 17, 2021. They applied our FCC from our Serenade cruise  from last April.  That cruise was booked after last payment , so the FCC paid for the entire cruise. I did call the C&A  number to do it. The agent did say that the best way to book is to actually call when using a FCC. There are only 2 6 day cruises for that ship showing  for October, since they cannot book the 8 day cruises that would normally be there.  AS a result, we can't book a B2B yet.  

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Today is my wife and I's anniversary.

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My son-in-law will be smoking Tri-tip.  Between tonight and Monday Tuesday should see me in a meet coma.

mmmm, photos always appreciated.😋

• Like 1

Congrats to all the birthdays and anniversaries @grapau27 @dani negreanu @Tree_skier

I am partial to mountains and waterfalls. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Kansas is so flat .... the power of a waterfall always amazes me. We took a cruise to Alaska in late summer 2019 and we saw a bunch of really small waterfalls. They weren’t powerful,  but it was majestic. It was so quiet that you could hear that little trickle of water. That was our last cruise before the lockdown. 

Spring break starts Monday. My parents took my daughter and niece for a few days. I took advantage and made myself a lunch that my 9 year old would turn up her nose. 

Hope you all are having a good Saturday. Should rain later today. Here some the spring storms. 

4C94ECC2-52E3-4BC1-9C80-15CCC69CA9E8.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

Congrats to all the birthdays and anniversaries @grapau27 @dani negreanu @Tree_skier

I am partial to mountains and waterfalls. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Kansas is so flat .... the power of a waterfall always amazes me. We took a cruise to Alaska in late summer 2019 and we saw a bunch of really small waterfalls. They weren’t powerful,  but it was majestic. It was so quiet that you could hear that little trickle of water. That was our last cruise before the lockdown. 

Spring break starts Monday. My parents took my daughter and niece for a few days. I took advantage and made myself a lunch that my 9 year old would turn up her nose. 

Hope you all are having a good Saturday. Should rain later today. Here some the spring storms. 

Hope you like these photos from our last visit to the English Lake District.

Graham.

IMG_20200813_173857.jpg

IMG_20200813_161624.jpg

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

So yummy.  Looks good to me.  My daughter at that age would have turned her nose up also.  Not entirely.  She would have eaten the bread.  Just the inside, leaving the crust.  I did not teach her well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Owen had his first Minor Bantam Rep (U14) ball practice today. It was indoors with space around everyone. Who knows what the season will look like, but it’s a start.

It’s the first year with a wood bat and metal cleats. Since it was in the gym, at the community centre, sneakers were worn. We also got directions for bat sizing. 

After we stopped and picked up the newly needed items. He best be hitting Baums out of the park with this composite bat. 

7E1A61C4-5570-4E53-A637-B41D782E18DD.thumb.jpeg.e5cf6311151e121834344edca0e60ad1.jpeg

• Like 7

It was just above freezing this afternoon, but warm enough to do some clean up around the pool. A quick leaf blowing, snow marker removal, followed by sweeping pine needles and hydrangea flowers off the winter cover. Also blew off some of the laneway. That was enough for one day as my ears have  bit of wind burn. 

Hopefully tomorrow we will move the BBQ around to it’s summer home.  That should make it warmer. 🤞

CDAD1477-D8C7-4EF5-AD5B-4D8FBB7348DE.thumb.png.a59083bd6e8242380b78e8b1b29a2872.png

• Like 5

@grapau27 Those are amazing pictures! What I would give to be back near the water. I lived in Germany for 4 years; used to bike up the mountainside of Neuschwanstein and “count tourists” with my then boyfriend. He had a little boat that we would take out to the Elbsee (you can see the castle across the water); I never underestimated how lucky I was to live where others make vacation. 

Then I moved to Switzerland for over 5 years. I lived in a town called Schaffhausen and had an office with a view of the Rhein. I would jog near the office. There was a bridge over the Rheinfall that I had to cross and you could feel the roar of the water. When I got married, we had a small gathering at this amazing restaurant and watched the waterfall be lit in green that night. 

I miss Europe. I love being just down the street now from my sister, but there is definitely some pictures that take me back. Enjoying a day at a cafe on the water (as in your pics) is one of them.

0759DD7A-F21A-4AC1-B81B-73396E9C6B9C.jpeg

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, SwissMiss USA said:

@grapau27 Those are amazing pictures! What I would give to be back near the water. I lived in Germany for 4 years; used to bike up the mountainside of Neuschwanstein and “count tourists” with my then boyfriend. He had a little boat that we would take out to the Elbsee (you can see the castle across the water); I never underestimated how lucky I was to live where others make vacation. 

Then I moved to Switzerland for over 5 years. I lived in a town called Schaffhausen and had an office with a view of the Rhein. I would jog near the office. There was a bridge over the Rheinfall that I had to cross and you could feel the roar of the water. When I got married, we had a small gathering at this amazing restaurant and watched the waterfall be lit in green that night. 

I miss Europe. I love being just down the street now from my sister, but there is definitely some pictures that take me back. Enjoying a day at a cafe on the water (as in your pics) is one of them.

0759DD7A-F21A-4AC1-B81B-73396E9C6B9C.jpeg

IMG_20200813_131915.jpg

IMG_20200724_185802.jpg

IMG_20200724_163425.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/12/2021 at 10:23 PM, Lionesss said:

Door has to be kept close. Why?  Because I’m concerned “The Cat” would either throw  up in or use the suitcases as a litter box. 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:10 AM, dani negreanu said:

One of my dear friends has 2 cats (a Siamese and a nice one😁). It took her time to understand that every time she took out her suitcase, they would come and pee inside.... She started, like you, to close the door and camouflage the "deed"...

Ingenious cats that they are, when they saw the suitcase closed at the door, they came and peed on her bed cover.

She took it to the dry cleaners, saying: "my cats have done this"... The cleaner: "ya, right"...

On 3/13/2021 at 12:37 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Whenever I pack previous cats always had to be right there and jump in the suitcase or the drawers I had open   never had anyone misbehave, hopefully you won't either.      

No idea what my 2 new kitties that I got last November will do since I haven't been anywhere since I bought them home. 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, dani negreanu said:

😁😁 May be, just may be, it happens only to cats with a certain pedigree?😁😁

I'll see her tomorrow night, after 6 months of continuous lock downs, and I'll ask for pictures.... may be there lies the conundrum....

It was a very nice gathering this evening, 5 out of 7 couples we saw exactly one year after...

No masks once inside the house [everyone masked when arriving and leaving, all of us vaccinated + +.]

I've asked my friend for a picture of the "peeing duo"..... As mentioned, one is "Siamese", the other one is "British" [not the variant 😉]. She is working from home.... or, at least, trying to....

Lichy and Sushi.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen had his first Minor Bantam Rep (U14) ball practice today. It was indoors with space around everyone. Who knows what the season will look like, but it’s a start.

It’s the first year with a wood bat and metal cleats. Since it was in the gym, at the community centre, sneakers were worn. We also got directions for bat sizing. 

After we stopped and picked up the newly needed items. He best be hitting Baums out of the park with this composite bat. 

7E1A61C4-5570-4E53-A637-B41D782E18DD.thumb.jpeg.e5cf6311151e121834344edca0e60ad1.jpeg

No Louisville Slugger?

Well, no surprise here but I lost my multi quotes.  I about 2 1/2 days behind but I wanted to say welcome Swiss Miss, happy birthday Pauline and happy anniversay Tree Skier. 

Lovely pictures of the Lake District, Graham.  For a second I thought that was the scenery you currently had then I reread your comment.  Swissmiss, beautiful pictures too.  I had a trip to Germany planned but then my DH's cousin announced they would be getting married in Ireland so Germany is on the back burner for now.  My MIL mentioned always wanting to see the Passion Play but I think that is out considering it is every ten years.  Not sure if my husband would have survived the 5 hour play, he wouldn't go with me to Hairspray, Chicago or Mama Mia.

Dani,  those cats certainly look like they have some cattitude.  I love the tail on the one on the left, that face would give "grumpy cat" a run for it's money.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We made it. !!!!!!

10 miles on a two lane highway off the freeway. Through the mountains. Up and dow. Up and down. No guardrail. 

Beautiful resort 3 jacuzzis. Two pools. 

Unpacking. And chilling tonight. 
Time change Saturday. So we get up when we get up. 

A753576F-A55A-4EFB-A570-6D7C445B4E5E.jpeg

1C79486D-B636-47B7-95B5-57AEC4271408.jpeg

BDE7A207-5187-4ECA-8B4C-0E52A7A8F5F3.jpeg

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We made it. !!!!!!

10 miles on a two lane highway off the freeway. Through the mountains. Up and dow. Up and down. No guardrail. 

Beautiful resort 3 jacuzzis. Two pools. 

Unpacking. And chilling tonight. 
Time change Saturday. So we get up when we get up. 

A753576F-A55A-4EFB-A570-6D7C445B4E5E.jpeg

1C79486D-B636-47B7-95B5-57AEC4271408.jpeg

BDE7A207-5187-4ECA-8B4C-0E52A7A8F5F3.jpeg

Looks nice.  Enjoy!