Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Our clocks go forward 1 hour in 2 weeks time in the UK.

I always keep track of European clock movement. My watch shows dual time an unless I am travelling the second time is usually set to London.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sara mom said:

They empty it in the winter.   They start to refill it in April.

I was just looking at this on Google Earth.  I never knew it existed.  Pretty cool to see that many locks as well. 

They had a farmer’s market by the beach, so we got some really good pulled pork and some BBQ chicken for lunch. (No food pics, because we dove in too fast, and it was gone. )

1EF97D46-E803-4252-81CE-0C5722616877.thumb.jpeg.2c6bf44df42f693bfefffd1a08bca110.jpeg

C43EB59B-9B62-47CE-B2E0-15305B4A734B.thumb.jpeg.160ee619897f6b50736165541748c5f6.jpeg

Then, my wife decided to go back for some desert and found this. 

2ECA974F-0746-43BA-B3F2-4AB50B659439.thumb.jpeg.72868b8d6d23cd6f581413bd31684dd8.jpeg

$10 for something that tasted worse than the $10 bill would have.  I took one bite and spit it out, and she threw the rest away. I will stick with meat. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, sara mom said:

Today we took a walk along the canal (Erie). It’s fun to see it empty, especially at one of the locks.  

BEADE60C-990D-49E9-B938-FF76A7D758E1.jpeg

B9B2643A-5193-46C2-B6CC-17CEF331E53E.jpeg

5F2B77DA-053C-46CB-871A-8990E63E4182.jpeg

That reminds me of the song Erie Canal we learned in elementary school.  I had to YouTube it.  "Low bridge, ev'rybody down, low bridge I've got the finest mule in town..."  Now it's stuck in my head.  LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

That reminds me of the song Erie Canal we learned in elementary school.  I had to YouTube it.  "Low bridge, ev'rybody down, low bridge I've got the finest mule in town..."  Now it's stuck in my head.  LOL

Did you grow up in NYS?   I did and I figured just NY kids learned that because the Erie Canal runs through the state (the dug out canal and rivers that make up the entire canal).

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here, on the night between March 26th and March 27th.

Can't wait -- plain hate the early darkness....

Ditto. 

We turned ahead last night at 2 am.  I remember when it was cool to stay at bar to 2 am and get an extra hour of drinking in.   

Now I simply love it being light out later into the evening as I hate it totally dark so early during winter.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They had a farmer’s market by the beach, so we got some really good pulled pork and some BBQ chicken for lunch. (No food pics, because we dove in too fast, and it was gone. )

1EF97D46-E803-4252-81CE-0C5722616877.thumb.jpeg.2c6bf44df42f693bfefffd1a08bca110.jpeg

C43EB59B-9B62-47CE-B2E0-15305B4A734B.thumb.jpeg.160ee619897f6b50736165541748c5f6.jpeg

Then, my wife decided to go back for some desert and found this. 

2ECA974F-0746-43BA-B3F2-4AB50B659439.thumb.jpeg.72868b8d6d23cd6f581413bd31684dd8.jpeg

$10 for something that tasted worse than the $10 bill would have.  I took one bite and spit it out, and she threw the rest away. I will stick with meat. 

Looks like you had beautiful weather today.  Looks like a great trip.  Now I know to avoid ketosis cookies.  Ty🤩

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Our clocks go forward 1 hour in 2 weeks time in the UK.

Before retiring, my work involved a lot of conference calls with people in Europe. The 2 week period when daylight savings did not align between the US and Europe always caused meeting time confusion.  Seems like that could be the kind of thing that we all agree to do at the same time. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sara mom said:

Did you grow up in NYS?   I did and I figured just NY kids learned that because the Erie Canal runs through the state (the dug out canal and rivers that make up the entire canal).

No, grew up in California.  We learned a lot of those folk songs and patriotic songs.  And then I learned to play the guitar singing those songs, too.  

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 1:47 PM, island lady said:

We are on Harmony B2B in a CLS out of PC end of November.  At least no worries about hotel and flight cancellations on that one. 😮 

Maybe we will run into each other on Harmony in Dec. We are on deck 17 too.

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Before retiring, my work involved a lot of conference calls with people in Europe. The 2 week period when daylight savings did not align between the US and Europe always caused meeting time confusion.  Seems like that could be the kind of thing that we all agree to do at the same time. 

I have this issue now for 2 weeks as well! My team sits in Budapest and Uk, so my mornings are already taken abs now we play meeting Tetris. First world problems. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 5:01 PM, SwissMiss USA said:

@grapau27 Those are amazing pictures! What I would give to be back near the water. I lived in Germany for 4 years; used to bike up the mountainside of Neuschwanstein and “count tourists” with my then boyfriend. He had a little boat that we would take out to the Elbsee (you can see the castle across the water); I never underestimated how lucky I was to live where others make vacation. 

Then I moved to Switzerland for over 5 years. I lived in a town called Schaffhausen and had an office with a view of the Rhein. I would jog near the office. There was a bridge over the Rheinfall that I had to cross and you could feel the roar of the water. When I got married, we had a small gathering at this amazing restaurant and watched the waterfall be lit in green that night. 

I miss Europe. I love being just down the street now from my sister, but there is definitely some pictures that take me back. Enjoying a day at a cafe on the water (as in your pics) is one of them.

0759DD7A-F21A-4AC1-B81B-73396E9C6B9C.jpeg

We love Switzerland!  As soon as my husband retires we plan on relaxing for at least 6 months in Switzerland.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

No, grew up in California.  We learned a lot of those folk songs and patriotic songs.  And then I learned to play the guitar singing those songs, too.  

I play guitar also and piano.

• Like 4

We took a short drive today to the Kingsley Plantation. It has changed hands many times but most famously was owned by Zephaniah Kingsley. He was married to a former slave named Anna who he freed. Interesting place with some different takes on slavery, race, and polygamy. We didn’t get a chance to see everything there and hear the full audio tour because we wanted to get home and watch the final round of The Players golf tournament (Congrats JT!) and . We will definitely be back. More info here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsley_Plantation

Gorgeous beach and boating day today. We passed several beaches on the way there and back and the parking lots were

all overflowing. Lots (and I mean LOTS) of boaters going by the plantation since that leads to sandbars in the Fort George river that are supposed to be a fun hangout spot. Again, we need to find new friends with a boat. 😄

172AC152-6C9A-4197-ABE3-5828F37A9B94.thumb.jpeg.99f8399113a4893aff3fd72d06c5711f.jpeg

7837EBEF-AAFE-4766-9E48-5CFD30B2AEF6.thumb.jpeg.273c1d11d5ac33773360a9d4b35ac5c6.jpeg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Today nice cool day in Gatlinburg. Doing the touristy trap stuff. Enjoyed going through the Hollywood stars auto museum saw cars from fast and furious movies to flintstones. 

Then at our next museum I must have experienced a sign from above. Telling me to book THEE BELLA CRUISE. 
It happened in Riley’s Believe it or Not. 
And it brought back memories. 

Hmmmm 

See below. 

02639A5F-8CD6-4FC0-820D-DB0651D7B773.jpeg

Never argue with Zoltar.

• Like 1

Brutal work week. I just got home 30 minutes ago. I took Saturday off for my anniversary and I'm taking tomorrow off and getting ready to leave as well as get a few things wrapped up around the house.  I'm heading to SoCal for two months on Tuesday. It's needful but I hate leaving home so soon.  DW is going to stay back and I'll go on my own for a while.  She usually travels with me some but she needs some time at home. She'll catch up in a while. I'm going to miss her a tonne.  The last year we haven't spent a night apart.  That's the first time in all our marriage that that has happened. I hate that that is going to change back to what it used to be.

It's bedtime, I just hope I wake up tomorrow.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 4