Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My b'day "festivities" have started a day earlier....

"The Brussels gang" - those are friends ("embassy wives") I've met during our relocation to Brussels, and it turned out that we all live within a walking distance from each other 😁

They took me to a fish and seafood restaurant at our Marina. The "deal" is that you get as many mazets as you like, for the price of the main course.... 

The highlight was fish eggs salad with finely chopped fresh onions... we went for seconds and thirds. My main course was coquille Saint Jacques. Divine.

Tomorrow my BFF from high school managed to book us with our respective DHs for a special b'fast in Tel-Aviv right on the beach at a very "starred" restaurant. With the morning rush hour, it will take us one hour -- hope it will be worth it.

Belgian gang.jpg

Happy early birthday!  Sounds like you will have a great couple of days.  The food sounds fantastic and the view looks very nice.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would be interested to know which uses more battery power, connecting with bluetooth buds or driving wired ear buds. 

Wireless is almost always less energy efficient than wired.  Several people pointed that out when Apple used "good for the environment" as one of the reasons that they did not include a charging brick in the iPhone 12 package.  If they expect everyone to charge wirelessly, we will all be using more electricity.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

"The Brussels gang" - those are friends ("embassy wives") I've met during our relocation to Brussels, and it turned out that we all live within a walking distance from each other 😁

They took me to a fish and seafood restaurant at our Marina. The "deal" is that you get as many mazets as you like, for the price of the main course.... 

The highlight was fish eggs salad with finely chopped fresh onions... we went for seconds and thirds. My main course was coquille Saint Jacques. Divine.

Tomorrow my BFF from high school managed to book us with our respective DHs for a special b'fast in Tel-Aviv right on the beach at a very "starred" restaurant. With the morning rush hour, it will take us one hour -- hope it will be worth it.

Belgian gang.jpg

I hope you have a fantastic birthday tomorrow Dani.

Very best wishes from us both.x

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sara mom said:

All new windows being installed in our house this week. It’s a brisk 55 degrees inside, 34 outside.

We ordered them in September.

F46FFF7D-ED49-4F62-90FD-1CA88304A1E1.jpeg

We just had a painter tell us that windows are in short supply, because so much glass is being used for Covid vaccine viles.  Not sure if that's true, but seems possible.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 9:26 AM, island lady said:

Cool!  We are B2B 11/28 and 12/5.  Errr...or at least I think so.  Every time I dare to count on a cruise going...it doesn't.   😞 

If it goes..."sea" you there!  🙂  We are #1710.  

I'm Back to back on Harmony 11/21 and 11/28.

21 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Also went to Titanic museum early this morning. 

There's a Titanic Museum in TN and I've been twiddling my thumbs in VA for a year? 🤬

I was thinking about deleting my blog since the contest ends tomorrow and I'm down by a thousand votes.  Then, I thought, well, since I have it now, might as well use it.  I'm going to put my Maasdam Alaska review on there.  That was my favorite cruise and I was just looking at the pictures the other day.  I got some really good pictures!  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Belgian gang.jpg

Happy early Birthday wishes to our friend. 

yom huledet sameach

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We just had a painter tell us that windows are in short supply, because so much glass is being used for Covid vaccine viles.  Not sure if that's true, but seems possible.

I doubt this, as there was a shortage well before any of the vaccines were approved.  

On 3/15/2021 at 8:09 AM, grapau27 said:

49°F and sunny by the beach today.

We have just had a carton of English chips each and are walking along the promenade.

IMG_20210315_125005.jpg

I forget (if you don’t mind me asking)- where are you located?  I’ve only been to the UK once, for work.  I was mostly at berwick, but I did have one day off where we went to Edinburgh 🙂. We lucked out, and it only lightly rained on one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Belgian gang.jpg

Happy Birthday, Dani!  Wishing you a very lovely day tomorrow!  💐 🎂 🎈

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I forget (if you don’t mind me asking)- where are you located?  I’ve only been to the UK once, for work.  I was mostly at berwick, but I did have one day off where we went to Edinburgh 🙂. We lucked out, and it only lightly rained on one day.

Near Sunderland on the North East England coast.

About 60 miles south of Berwick.

Screenshot_20210316_222948_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Cool! It was such a nice place to visit.  We were super busy with work, so other than going to Edinburgh one day, we also did the “Harry Potter castle”. 🙂

The Northumberland coastline from Berwick down to Newcastle is awesome.

My picture showed the River Tyne( Newcastle)  and we are South of here with over 200 miles of lovely coastline from South Shields down to Skegness.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, sara mom said:

@A&L_Ont   I saw that Ontario was entered a 3rd wave (top news story on ABC national news).   Are schools still open or do they shut down?

Schools are still open.  It’s only a few areas that are seeing an increase in cases.  Nothing drastic...yet.  Where I live the cases are still declining. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

The alarming thing for me is that 4 of these new cases had had one jab and one had had both jabs.  

It happened here also to a few, between 2 weeks and one month after the 2nd jab...

No alarm bells -- it is attributed to the vaccine being 95%.

Mild symptoms all around. Experts quoted "without the vaccine those people would have died"...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sara mom said:

@A&L_Ont   I saw that Ontario was entered a 3rd wave (top news story on ABC national news).   Are schools still open or do they shut down?

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Schools are still open.  It’s only a few areas that are seeing an increase in cases.  Nothing drastic...yet.  Where I live the cases are still declining. 

Ken is right. There is however an outbreak in one class at Owen’s school. First reported case was Thursday, then Monday and today. All we know all the cases are linked, it is just one classroom and it was a portable. As of now Owen’s class has not been impacted and is currently not a close contact. The school is open, just the class and direct family members of that class are staying home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maureencruiser said:

I was thinking about deleting my blog since the contest ends tomorrow and I'm down by a thousand votes. 

That is a bummer Maureen.  But a lot of the contests seem to be rigged.  

I had entered Royal Caribbean’s Home of the Seas contest last fall on FB, and was one of 5 finalists.   But it was based on how many votes you could get from your FB friends.  I found out later that you could actually buy votes!!!  And me with the absolute best video of all (tooting own horn)

Keep your blog.  I enjoy reading your stuff. 

• Like 2