Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Our clocks go forward 1 hour in 2 weeks time in the UK.

I absolutely detest that twice a year time change.   IMHO...there is no fooling Mother Nature.  You get a specific amount of sunshine each day.  "We the people" need to change our schedules to match.  🤨

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Maybe we will run into each other on Harmony in Dec. We are on deck 17 too.

Cool!  We are B2B 11/28 and 12/5.  Errr...or at least I think so.  Every time I dare to count on a cruise going...it doesn't.   😞 

If it goes..."sea" you there!  🙂  We are #1710.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

49°F and sunny by the beach today.

That sounds good. It is sunny here, but was 19 degrees F at 7am in Northern New Jersey.  And windy. 

I went for my normal run. About the only thing that stops me is snow or ice. 🏃‍♀️

• Like 2

Not even officially spring yet...and it was 87 degrees here yesterday!  😮   Blissfully cool at night yet though.  Had to turn on the A/C yesterday.  Love "open window" season...but I think that is about to end soon.  😞 

Dropping off taxes to CPA today, then off to our usual Monday Mexican restaurant for "Margarita Monday" lunch.    Two for one Margaritas baby!!  😄  🥃

• Like 5

Getting used to booking "other adventures"...with so many cruises cancelled...and no guarantee when it will start up again.  

So, I have the 2+ weeks in California wine country booked now for end of next month, Maine for 3.5 months this summer, (renting 5 different houses),  Sept. and October in the "land yacht" along the Florida Panhandle beach areas, and now yesterday just booked a week long tour of another of our favorite wine regions (Lake Chelan, Washington state) for early November.  

Worried I am getting to used to "land lubber travels".  😮  😞 

Maybe...just maybe Bucky and I will be "on the sea" again...finally....in December??  🤔

Edited by island lady
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I took piano lessons in college.  My first major purchase was a piano.  Paid it off in 3 years.  Then I took drum lessons.  I love the drums.  The drum set is still in my son's room.  

I started playing the drums in 1967. Self taught.  I was in a 3 piece rock band in '68, '69 and the first part of '70. I still  have a drum set and play almost everyday. 🥁🎧

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Cool!  We are B2B 11/28 and 12/5.  Errr...or at least I think so.  Every time I dare to count on a cruise going...it doesn't.   😞 

If it goes..."sea" you there!  🙂  We are #1710.  

I'm jealous that you are B2B but at least we are booked for 12/5. I'm not getting my hopes up but my husband is getting more confident every day. Hopefully we will "sea " each other , we are a few rooms down from you.

• Like 2

Last week we had a couple warm sunny days in 60s and 70s.  Yesterday came in cold front, we had wind gusts around 50 mph.  Today now 31 and still windy with gusts up to 25 mph but at least its sunny!

So ready for spring to arrive.  

We had both our new cats in the yard the other day and have discovered that Sparky can jump a 6 foot fence no problem.  Of course he jumped into neighbors yard that hates cats and the reason we got a fence.  They complained to local Township Manager when my previous cat Splashes used to wonder into their yard to go eat catnip she grows for her Daughter.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday came in cold front, we had wind gusts around 50 mph.  Today now 31 and still windy with gusts up to 25 mph but at least its sunny!

Woke up to a couple of snowflakes  yesterday after a week of warm weather. thankfully there wasn't many and they didn't stick to the ground.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Every day, it seems like we are getting closer to getting back to cruising.  This Florida vacation has been so much more relaxed, especially after that 2nd vax.  We even booked some cruise planner items for our January cruise yesterday, and we are about ready to book the week after to make it a b2b.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last week we had a couple warm sunny days in 60s and 70s.  Yesterday came in cold front, we had wind gusts around 50 mph.  Today now 31 and still windy with gusts up to 25 mph but at least its sunny!

Reason #28 why I hate March.  Last week, temps were close to hitting 70. Today, I woke up to 19.

I don't mind wintry cold weather as long as it's consistently wintry cold.  Same with warm. But I detest the bouncing back and forth swings like a yo-yo. Fortunately, only 2 more weeks to go. At least April the spring temps are mostly consistent.  Love April. Warmth without the humidity and bugs, trees and bushes blooming. Thankfully I don't have hay fever.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

How about setting the clock 2 hours permanently forward?

Can we "compromise" on that?😁

I could get on board with that. I'd much rather have sunlight later in the day. As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to have a sunrise before 6:30 am. None. Just a waste of daylight.

• Like 2

So a nice day at the beach this morning.  I had walked down the beach, and spotted some dark shapes moving in the water, about 15-20 feet off shore.  The Jaws music is playing in my head, but I still had not seen a fin appear.

Meanwhile, my wife is playing in the water, about 15 feet offshore, where I see these shapes swimming toward her.  Hmm, decision  time - Do I tell her something is swimming toward her, or get my camera first to capture her expression?

Since I value my life, I called her out of the water, then got my camera and followed them.  😂😂

Three manatees!!!!

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So a nice day at the beach this morning.  I had walked down the beach, and spotted some dark shapes moving in the water, about 15-20 feet off shore.  The Jaws music is playing in my head, but I still had not seen a fin appear.

Meanwhile, my wife is playing in the water, about 15 feet offshore, where I see these shapes swimming toward her.  Hmm, decision  time - Do I tell her something is swimming toward her, or get my camera first to capture her expression?

Since I value my life, I called her out of the water, then got my camera and followed them.  😂😂

IMG_5309.MOV 74.74 MB · 5 downloads

Three manatees!!!!

Are you guys in Pompano?

Texas is allowing people from 50 and up to sign up for COVID-19 shots wife did that earlier today , definitely need her to get vaccinated before we fly anywhere. All bars and restaurants not have no restrictions, but many still mandates masks until you get to your table which is a good thing . 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Are you guys in Pompano?

Νo, we are near the pier at Lauderdale by the Sea. Pompano is about 3 miles up the beach. 

We have spent several winter holidays here, and just decided we needed a March break this year.  It is a nice break, since we had been doing remote learning with our young grandkids, and they went back to in-school learning.