Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I hope everything is okay with @Domino D, too. But I was wondering if maybe he does corporate accounting or something and maybe this is busy tax season?  Strangely, some people seem to have lives beyond Cruise Critic, even when we aren't cruising. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SwissMiss USA said:

Then I moved to Switzerland for over 5 years. I lived in a town called Schaffhausen and had an office with a view of the Rhein. I would jog near the office. There was a bridge over the Rheinfall that I had to cross and you could feel the roar of the water. When I got married, we had a small gathering at this amazing restaurant and watched the waterfall be lit in green that night. 

I love Switzerland.  We spent a couple of days in Zurich when my oldest daughter was about 1 year old.  We hiked part of the Planet Trail with a portable stroller.  About halfway through the trail, we decided to hike down the side of the mountain, with me carrying my daughter and my wife carrying the folded up stroller.  I nearly slipped and fell several times.  Young and stupid!

I've been to Geneva many times on business trips and my former boss (a Brit) lives there.  Beautiful lake setting, great mountains for hiking and skiing, fantastic restaurants.  When the weather is nice, it seems like the entire city is outside doing something active.  If only it wasn't so expensive!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

She took it to the dry cleaners, saying: "my cats have done this"... The cleaner: "ya, right"..

@Sunshine3601   @Lionesss

I forgot to mention... since for the last year my friend didn't travel anywhere... therefore no peeing.... the dry cleaner one day asked her: "what happened to your cats, are they OK"?😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

I had a thought tonight. where is @Domino D?

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I saw a post from DominoD the other day, but it was an older one. Made me think they haven’t been around for a while. Hope everything is OK. 

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

I hope everything is okay with @Domino D, too. But I was wondering if maybe he does corporate accounting or something and maybe this is busy tax season?  Strangely, some people seem to have lives beyond Cruise Critic, even when we aren't cruising. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_smile:

I'm too thinking about Domino D and wondering if he's OK.

His last post was on this thread, December 23rd, 2020.

Absolutely nothing since then, hard to believe that the tax season started just before Christmas... mainly from a daily poster...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Would you share the name of it?  And any restaurant recommendations you might have.  We love St Augustine. Have only been there for the day.  Ate at Harry’s Seafood which was pretty good, mostly loved the atmosphere in their outdoor dining courtyard. 

Oh absolutely!  They are the highest rated B&B in St. Augustine, which has something close to 30 different B&Bs there.  Stayed at Bayfront Wescott, just across the street from the water.  Really fantastic service and attention to detail.  Decadent breakfast!  

Parked our vehicle once dropping off our luggage they brought up to the room, then never used it until 3 days later.  Everything is walking distance...unless you want to go to the beach, which we opted not to due to very heavy tourist time (spring break/bike week).  Surprisingly quiet at night there, since not directly on main drag.  

We dined at Collage...excellent!  Had lunch at Meehans...would not recommend.  There are many good restaurants in the area.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We made it. !!!!!!

10 miles on a two lane highway off the freeway. Through the mountains. Up and dow. Up and down. No guardrail. 

Beautiful resort 3 jacuzzis. Two pools. 

Unpacking. And chilling tonight. 
Time change Saturday. So we get up when we get up. 

A753576F-A55A-4EFB-A570-6D7C445B4E5E.jpeg

1C79486D-B636-47B7-95B5-57AEC4271408.jpeg

BDE7A207-5187-4ECA-8B4C-0E52A7A8F5F3.jpeg

Nice!  Very inviting looking! 🙂 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Oh absolutely!  They are the highest rated B&B in St. Augustine, which has something close to 30 different B&Bs there.  Stayed at Bayfront Wescott, just across the street from the water.  Really fantastic service and attention to detail.  Decadent breakfast!  

Parked our vehicle once dropping off our luggage they brought up to the room, then never used it until 3 days later.  Everything is walking distance...unless you want to go to the beach, which we opted not to due to very heavy tourist time (spring break/bike week).  Surprisingly quiet at night there, since not directly on main drag.  

We dined at Collage...excellent!  Had lunch at Meehans...would not recommend.  There are many good restaurants in the area.  

Thank you!  We’re hoping to head down to FL for a couple of weeks mid-May as long as DH has received his vaccine. Will definitely check them out.

• Like 2

Today nice cool day in Gatlinburg. Doing the touristy trap stuff. Enjoyed going through the Hollywood stars auto museum saw cars from fast and furious movies to flintstones. 

Then at our next museum I must have experienced a sign from above. Telling me to book THEE BELLA CRUISE. 
It happened in Riley’s Believe it or Not. 
And it brought back memories. 

Hmmmm 

See below. 

02639A5F-8CD6-4FC0-820D-DB0651D7B773.jpeg

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Shepherds Pie for pi day!36AB6BDB-88F2-4A43-98ED-476D26A99F03.thumb.jpeg.96fe1be786b3f933adce398b272355d5.jpeg

Yums!!  Looks great! 

I tried some for lunch at Meehan's Irish pub in St. Augustine for lunch last Wednesday...awful!  I love Shepherds pie, and love to make it myself...but the chef there loves ground pepper way too much.  Could not even taste the ingredients...real shame..he ruined it.   Sad when the cooks/chefs do that.  We have salt and pepper on the table if you want overload on spice.  🥺

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Slow day around here. Set the clocks, that needed to be changed. BBQ sausages tonight for dinner. That’s it. 

I have two "smart" atomic wall clocks...and one "dumb" atomic wall clock.  The first two reset themselves...but the third one must have failed atomic lessons.  😮😵

The rest of the clocks are just plain dumb.  😄   At least my phone is indeed a "smart" phone.  😉 

Pork tenderloin is headed for the grill tonight, with side of baked sweet potatoes, and some homemade crock pot red beans (with the bulk of it destined for my big pot of chili I am making on Tuesday).  😋

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I have two "smart" atomic wall clocks...and one "dumb" atomic wall clock.  The first two reset themselves...but the third one must have failed atomic lessons.  😮😵

The rest of the clocks are just plain dumb.  😄   At least my phone is indeed a "smart" phone.  😉 

Our clocks go forward 1 hour in 2 weeks time in the UK.

• Like 3