Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Went to Alcatraz museum in Pigeon Forge. In essence the history of crime as well as its consequences from middle age torturing devices to lethal injection. From the witch hunt to Ted Bundy. From FBI to local police. From assassins to CSI. Spent 3 hours. 

had lunch margaritaville and dinner at parkway steak place. 

went on an unforgiving road from top of mountains to town. Do not do traffic avoidance roads. 
Time for jacuzzi. 

happy birthday Dani. 

At dinner a little girl named Emma gave me a rose.  It was so nice. 
Her mom came over and said she saw us come in and I looked tired and she wanted to make me happy 

61BEF15F-3C59-446B-B0FE-A3CEE54B8760.jpeg

68F033CC-AE86-438B-B845-E43C80743237.jpeg

F97B5914-61B8-49C8-975F-D01BE4D77A58.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I have been away for a while.  My thesis is a never ending story that needs work.  

I thought that today’s news about COVID numbers would be of interest.  So we have a high vaccination (pfizer) rate in Gibraltar, we are just coming out of our second lockdown.  We had a horrible high infection rate in our elderly care setting which has affected many.  

So our infections have gone down from over 1000 to about 20, but this weekend we had 7 new infections.  The alarming thing for me is that 4 of these new cases had had one jab and one had had both jabs.  

I knew that vaccination itself was not going to guarantee that you don’t catch COVID, but frustrating to hear in real life that you can.  I hope that none of these 5 are hospitalised, because that is the main concern of the healthcare system.  The message is that it is OK for people to catch mild flu-like symptoms, we just cannot have an overwhelmed hospital.  

However if people do keep catching COVID even after vaccination - where does that leave cruising???

Curious, any idea how long ago it has been for the person with 2 doses to contracting covid?

My Sil just told me today the assisted living facility where her mom lives has 3 covid positive residents and 1 is fully vaccinated but only for 6 days the other 2 only had one jab so far.   The facility went back into lockdown today.  Like you said hopefully just mild cases.

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Curious, any idea how long ago it has been for the person with 2 doses to contracting covid?

My Sil just told me today the assisted living facility where her mom lives has 3 covid positive residents and 1 is fully vaccinated but only for 6 days the other 2 only had one jab so far.   The facility went back into lockdown today.  Like you said hopefully just mild cases.

The problem is not if a vaccinated person "catches" covid, the issue is does that person become sick. A vaccinated person can test positive if they have come contact with the virus as the test will detect its presence. Vaccines are not a wall that keep intruders out, they protect us from becoming sick from the pathogens. If they don't become ill then the vaccine has done its job. Just the fact that a vaccinated person tests positive does not bother me.

Now what is concerning is a vaccinated person testing positive in assisted living indicates they are being exposed. Somehow, the virus is getting in there and that is all the more reason to be pro vaccination. If they can't keep the virus from getting in then protect the residents from its affects.

This is the same reasoning for being pro vaccination for cruise ship staff and guests. The virus will get aboard but, hopefully, people will not become ill and if they do then only mildly so.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 3/15/2021 at 6:43 AM, island lady said:

Getting used to booking "other adventures"...with so many cruises cancelled...and no guarantee when it will start up again.  

So, I have the 2+ weeks in California wine country booked now for end of next month, Maine for 3.5 months this summer, (renting 5 different houses),  Sept. and October in the "land yacht" along the Florida Panhandle beach areas, and now yesterday just booked a week long tour of another of our favorite wine regions (Lake Chelan, Washington state) for early November.  

Worried I am getting to used to "land lubber travels".  😮  😞 

Maybe...just maybe Bucky and I will be "on the sea" again...finally....in December??  🤔

Oh, you're coming to my neck of the woods!  Lake Chelan is wonderful -- will you be renting a car?  You'll have just missed the crush season, but will have lots of choices :-).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I keep telling my DH that I am getting too many signs that we should be doing the OASIS Bella cruise.  

Here’s another one. 
The label on our towels at the resort. 

If that isn’t a sign, I don’t know what is. 🤷‍♂️😁

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

The problem is not if a vaccinated person "catches" covid, the issue is does that person become sick. A vaccinated person can test positive if they have come contact with the virus as the test will detect its presence. Vaccines are not a wall that keep intruders out, they protect us from becoming sick from the pathogens. If they don't become ill then the vaccine has done its job. Just the fact that a vaccinated person tests positive does not bother me.

Now what is concerning is a vaccinated person testing positive in assisted living indicates they are being exposed. Somehow, the virus is getting in there and that is all the more reason to be pro vaccination. If they can't keep the virus from getting in then protect the residents from its affects.

This is the same reasoning for being pro vaccination for cruise ship staff and guests. The virus will get aboard but, hopefully, people will not become ill and if they do then only mildly so.

Wise words. Thanks 

• Like 1

M8 beat me to it, but I will echo another Yom Huledet Sameach, ahd maya v'esreem. Translation for others; until 120 and I will add, in good health. Enjoy your birthday later today with joy.

My granddaughter turns 8 tomorrow.  It's only 10PM in NJ lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Went to Alcatraz museum in Pigeon Forge. In essence the history of crime as well as its consequences from middle age torturing devices to lethal injection. From the witch hunt to Ted Bundy. From FBI to local police. From assassins to CSI. Spent 3 hours. 

had lunch margaritaville and dinner at parkway steak place. 

went on an unforgiving road from top of mountains to town. Do not do traffic avoidance roads. 
Time for jacuzzi. 

happy birthday Dani. 

At dinner a little girl named Emma gave me a rose.  It was so nice. 
Her mom came over and said she saw us come in and I looked tired and she wanted to make me happy 

61BEF15F-3C59-446B-B0FE-A3CEE54B8760.jpeg

68F033CC-AE86-438B-B845-E43C80743237.jpeg

F97B5914-61B8-49C8-975F-D01BE4D77A58.jpeg

I'm enjoying your travel posts.  Continue to enjoy!

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It happened here also to a few, between 2 weeks and one month after the 2nd jab...

No alarm bells -- it is attributed to the vaccine being 95%.

Mild symptoms all around. Experts quoted "without the vaccine those people would have died"...

Have I mentioned that experts are just windbags who show up on TV?  Since 98 to 99+ % of everyone who gets Covid lives.... that seems like a leap to make that statement.  But, I am not an expert....

jc

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Quit inserting reason into a discussion that is supposed to cause panic, my good doctor.  The people want their horror story...

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I keep telling my DH that I am getting too many signs that we should be doing the OASIS Bella cruise.  

Here’s another one. 
The label on our towels at the resort. 

34F2E1F3-4061-414B-802F-C2250948C462.jpeg

Looks like a nice towel.  Have fun.

9 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My b'day "festivities" have started a day earlier....

"The Brussels gang" - those are friends ("embassy wives") I've met during our relocation to Brussels, and it turned out that we all live within a walking distance from each other 😁

They took me to a fish and seafood restaurant at our Marina. The "deal" is that you get as many mazets as you like, for the price of the main course.... 

The highlight was fish eggs salad with finely chopped fresh onions... we went for seconds and thirds. My main course was coquille Saint Jacques. Divine.

Tomorrow my BFF from high school managed to book us with our respective DHs for a special b'fast in Tel-Aviv right on the beach at a very "starred" restaurant. With the morning rush hour, it will take us one hour -- hope it will be worth it.

Belgian gang.jpg

Have a very happy birthday week.  Who sticks to celebrating on just one day anyway???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How long they had been vaccinated was not released.  Hopefully they stay out of hospital.  No one wants to hear of people ill and we seemed on course to be back to some sort of normality by 1st April.  We don’t want that to change.  

It was the thought that vaccination may not be a fast track back to cruising that bothered me.  

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It happened here also to a few, between 2 weeks and one month after the 2nd jab...

No alarm bells -- it is attributed to the vaccine being 95%.

Mild symptoms all around. Experts quoted "without the vaccine those people would have died"...

Interesting to know the impact of vaccination.