Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We made good time, and the WAZE said: "'you've reached your destination". We saw a nice restaurant with a big terrace, and assumed that's the one... The WAZE itself said so.

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe WAZE developed in Israel. It has recently got us going the wrong here. Never had these issues until last few months. 

I have a pretty good sense of direction and was always proud of my navigation skills.  Plus, I know how to read a map. Back in the good old days of family road trips in Dad's station wagon, I'd be the map reader.

Anyway, when I first started using GPS apps, I'd find myself questioning the chosen route cause clearly I know a better/shorter way with less traffic lights. Well, there is one thing that WAZE is privy to that my "great sense of direction brain" is not privy to and that would be traffic jams due to construction/ accidents/road kill / whatever.   After a couple times sitting in massive traffic jams because I ignored WAZE, I too, started the mantra of "Always trust WAZE even when it feels wrong".  Has worked pretty well up to recently as well.

Google purchased WAZE several years ago and left it as a stand along product. However, someone recently told me that many of WAZE features will be incorporated into Google Maps wondering if they will eventually phase out WAZE

EDIT: The "someone" that told me that is a random stranger that I struck up a conversation while waiting at the bar. So take it for what it's worth.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy 70th Birthday, Dani! 

May all your wishes and dreams for the future come true.

I think St. Patrick’s Day is a good time to let you know that I feel ‘lucky’ to have found your thread almost a year ago! By starting this thread, you have brought together so many posters (and readers) from all over the world who have provided comfort, support, and of course humor to get us through these trying times. It is so heartwarming. Thank you! 

Sue

• Like 5

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Had to stop at Murphy’s Irish pub on the way back from the beach. First time I have been drinking in a bar before noon, in a long time. 

BA4168AD-0CE1-49B0-927D-1CE587E5004C.thumb.jpeg.1662c75cb841419e16174846ae924c22.jpeg 

I'm on my 3rd Guinness 

Didn't realize connection until just now🤣🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrzLvr2 said:

Happy 70th Birthday, Dani! 

May all your wishes and dreams for the future come true.

I think St. Patrick’s Day is a good time to let you know that I feel ‘lucky’ to have found your thread almost a year ago! By starting this thread, you have brought together so many posters (and readers) from all over the world who have provided comfort, support, and of course humor to get us through these trying times. It is so heartwarming. Thank you! 

Sue

Thank you, Sue.

I'm glad that my milestone birthday (70th?? who? me??????) has provided you the perfect opportunity the leave "behind the scenes" and appear before our diverse "audience".

Your kind words are much appreciated.🌺

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, B&S.

BTW, should anyone be interested...

I had Eggs Benedict, in memory of the MDR b'fastes on sea days 😢

You can take the girl out of the cruise but you can't take the cruise out of the birthday girl. Your wonderful pictures brought back sweet memories. Always loved meandering around Yafo (Jaffa).

Having brunch with special friends overlooking the Med. Sea....priceless.

Beautiful pictures of Ireland. Just as I imagine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Strange how big pets look in some pictures

Scale of perspective is amazing. Now, if you are saying Lucy has fattened up during the long cold winter, this is the look she’ll give you. 😜

03907205-8426-460B-8B81-EC2916DC0003.thumb.jpeg.6dc1222380fa651a500961d65277b63a.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Scale of perspective is amazing. Now, if you are saying Lucy has fattened up during the long cold winter, this is the look she’ll give you. 😜

03907205-8426-460B-8B81-EC2916DC0003.thumb.jpeg.6dc1222380fa651a500961d65277b63a.jpeg

Yep, perspective. 

Does this look like a 15 pound Terrier, or an 80 pound Huskie

20210317_220016.thumb.jpg.ee5cef10af686757dc98fa2b13448126.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, perspective. 

Does this look like a 15 pound Terrier, or an 80 pound Huskie

20210317_220016.thumb.jpg.ee5cef10af686757dc98fa2b13448126.jpg

I had a westie many years ago.  Her name was Tammy and I still miss her.  They are the best dogs.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Looks like 100% cuteness wrapped up in 15 lbs of adorable Terrier to me. 

9 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I had a westie many years ago.  Her name was Tammy and I still miss her.  They are the best dogs.

Cross posting

FB_IMG_1616032424456.thumb.jpg.1f6ffce962896c14262b1237e614d2e1.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1