Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Dani, truly special pictures.

DH and I were married in Israel. Only 3 men wore suits; DH and our fathers. We lived in Israel 1 year. I was a transplanted NYer, he, an Israeli.   He currently belongs to a video message group with a bunch of childhood friends from Ramat Gan. The years melt away and they chat for hours.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Wow...wow...wow!!   Puts my little shower remodel to humble status!  Same set up for mine, but yours is ohhhhh so much more luxurious and way more HUGE!   Great job, beautiful!!   

Thanks! Your remodel is beautiful too! I wish we were able to do it ourselves.We learned through the years of watching our friends do their own remodels that they have the option to change things as they go. Very jealous of someone that can do it themselves.

Edited by ownedbypets

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Still in the euphoria of yesterday, I got "nostalgic"...

This is our wedding, January 17th, 1973. Our friends were "best man and woman" -- his father had a small butcher shop with a commercial car. They draped a sheet over the backseats, so that I could seat comfortably. They fetched us from my parents' home, while my parents travelled to the synagogue by bus... Except my DH, we were all new immigrants. Our friend went on to med school, and retired 4 years ago as a director of a big hospital. They are together from age 15 and will celebrate this year 50 years of marriage.

My DH compromised by wearing a suit, but drew the line on a tie...

Miriam.jpg

Milestone birthday.jpg

Handsome couple then and now.  Lifelong friends are a blessing then some.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Got home from work and Nate had welded the door hinges on one of his work trailers. He said it was a blast 🙂

Packed several boxes, mopped, and loaded my car full of stuff to drop off at donation center on my way home tomorrow.

A Bit overwhelmed...seems like I pack one box and 5 million more’s worth of stuff appears. 

Taking a break and planting myself in front of a YouTube and a new travel couple I discovered yesterday: Adventures of A plus K

A336F210-069B-4150-8706-48BF3E9B5923.jpeg

So, I am from a day  or to 3 years to retirement.  IE, everyday I go to work and if something happens I might just say.... I am done...  having said that it doesn’t mean I would quit tomorrow, but it does mean I would put a down payment on my future travel trailer (airstream) and would quit the day it arrives.   So, I have been watching You tube for a few months on people living in airstreams.  Initially... long long honeymoon because the couple are very pleasant and the production values are high.  They are informative without being too preachy and I occasionally will start in their Amazon web store to send them a few sheckles when I shop.  Tonight I found Roamaroo, which appears to be a young LA couple into cross fit who bought a new airstream when the pandemic started.  Production values are comparable, of course, they are way more hip than LoLoHo.  Enjoyed it.  Like you they up the production values with their drones taking amazing shots of them driving thru spectacular scenery in the National Parks.  

I don’t think I could ever walk around in a crowd of people with a selfie stick talking to the stupid camera... but my wife could! 😉

• Like 2

We won’t live in the airstream.  For clarification.  We will travel in it.  For months at a time but we might do a hotel or come home or go to the lake house or take a cruise or fly to Africa or just about anything.  But it is my get thru day to day daydream and planning, with full routes on the first RV trip.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We won’t live in the airstream.  For clarification.  We will travel in it.  For months at a time but we might do a hotel or come home or go to the lake house or take a cruise or fly to Africa or just about anything.  But it is my get thru day to day daydream and planning, with full routes on the first RV trip.  

There is, maybe was, a Airstream only park near the Melbourne Airport. I’ll see if I can find it. 

Edited to add I found it. 

https://www.landyachtharborofmelbourne.com

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

On 3/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, island lady said:

OK...pictures coming up here of our  B&B  "cruise" we just got back from out of the port of St. Augustine, FL.  

Our"cabin", our "balcony", bubbly sent to cabin by wonderful concierge, and our "cruise ship".  

20210310_155709.jpg

On the show Below Deck Sailing Yacht, Sydney is from St. Augustine and her family owns the schooner Freedom. I believe that’s the one in the picture.

On 3/13/2021 at 8:56 PM, A&L_Ont said:

I saw a post from DominoD the other day, but it was an older one. Made me think they haven’t been around for a while. Hope everything is OK. 

I quoted @Domino D about 3 times after he disappeared hoping he would check in to let us know if he was ok. I remember him saying he was concerned about his dog. I’m just hoping he has been busy and is doing ok and that his dog is ok also. 

On 3/16/2021 at 4:42 PM, dani negreanu said:

My b'day "festivities" have started a day earlier....

"The Brussels gang" - those are friends ("embassy wives") I've met during our relocation to Brussels, and it turned out that we all live within a walking distance from each other 😁

They took me to a fish and seafood restaurant at our Marina. The "deal" is that you get as many mazets as you like, for the price of the main course.... 

The highlight was fish eggs salad with finely chopped fresh onions... we went for seconds and thirds. My main course was coquille Saint Jacques. Divine.

Tomorrow my BFF from high school managed to book us with our respective DHs for a special b'fast in Tel-Aviv right on the beach at a very "starred" restaurant. With the morning rush hour, it will take us one hour -- hope it will be worth it.

Belgian gang.jpg

I’m several days behind on this thread so I’m wishing you a belated birthday. 🎉 🥂 🎂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, I am from a day  or to 3 years to retirement.  IE, everyday I go to work and if something happens I might just say.... I am done...  having said that it doesn’t mean I would quit tomorrow, but it does mean I would put a down payment on my future travel trailer (airstream) and would quit the day it arrives.

I've looked at airstreams and like the quality.  To me though, while the build quality is nice, you lose so much floor space when you compare them to a typical full timer type 5th wheels.  Not that you have to live full time in one but any extended period of time I think would get a little claustrophobic in any of the airstreams I have seen.  If I planned spending time in extreme weather I'd consider it otherwise I think you are overpaying for what you get.   I'd do over what we have done.  Ours is a 43 foot Heartland Big Country 5th wheel.  We've got just under 500 sq ft of living space and you honestly don't feel like you are camping.  You need a big truck but I like big trucks. 🙂 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There is, maybe was, a Airstream only park near the Melbourne Airport. I’ll see if I can find it. 

Edited to add I found it. 

https://www.landyachtharborofmelbourne.com

Thanks, but I don’t think we will be doing the airstream only camping.  Maybe once, but I imagine that airstreamers are at least as obnoxious as any other cultish group.  Of course, when I cruise, I will be asking to park my trailer in your driveway.  

I know you can’t wait to feed me some of the Green Egg Sous Vide offerings.  On the upside my wife is very friendly and charming. 😉

jc

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I've looked at airstreams and like the quality.  To me though, while the build quality is nice, you lose so much floor space when you compare them to a typical full timer type 5th wheels.  Not that you have to live full time in one but any extended period of time I think would get a little claustrophobic in any of the airstreams I have seen.  If I planned spending time in extreme weather I'd consider it otherwise I think you are overpaying for what you get.   I'd do over what we have done.  Ours is a 43 foot Heartland Big Country 5th wheel.  We've got just under 500 sq ft of living space and you honestly don't feel like you are camping.  You need a big truck but I like big trucks. 🙂 

Don’t get me wrong a big 5th wheel is the bomb for comfort and reasonable ability to get around when you get where you are going, but to visit our National Parks the one I am looking at is about as big as you can go and be able to park it in a lot of the camper spots that were built before WWII.  We have done a lot of tent camping over the years and while the airstream would not be nearly as homey as your rig, I think it will work for us.  I am a baby boomer and over paying is our thing.  IE we book suites, we drive nice trucks, we drive expensive cars, we drink expensive wine, we don’t drink New Amsterdam Vodka (actually we do a lot but we complain afterwards), we eat prime meat, and we build big houses and stuff them full of stuff.  

I have pulled my brother’s 5th wheel, I have driven a class A, and towed a smaller sized trailer.  The only one I can see doing without a ton of stress is the small trailer.  

I am going to emulate a millennial in my retirement and try to survive with the minimal amount of stuff.

I will probably sell it in a year! 😉

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am a baby boomer and over paying is our thing.  IE we book suites, we drive nice trucks, we drive expensive cars, we drink expensive wine, we don’t drink New Amsterdam Vodka (actually we do a lot but we complain afterwards), we eat prime meat, and we build big houses and stuff them full of stuff.  

I am going to emulate a millennial in my retirement and try to survive with the minimal amount of stuff.

I will probably sell it in a year! 😉

Thank you. Now I finally understand myself. Millennial would not work for me.

• Like 2