Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, George C said:

I attempted to watch below deck again , found an  unepisode I liked since Johnny Damon was a guest, but can’t get into this series. 

I understand. It’s not for everyone. The crew drama can be a little too much. But I love the yachts and locations.

11 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, you do realize in these households, you would be neutered.

But you would be treated like a god.

I had a vasectomy, does that count? 😉

11 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Another week in the books, still unpacking boxes but the rental is all cleaned and we’re all the way out.

Cheers, my friends!

IMG_4803.thumb.jpeg.7a76061ae7e2c7bbf03c548e7488fc63.jpeg

Good bottle. Cheers my friend!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now, I was really confused this morning.  

I went to the post office to pick up our mail.  When I came out, there was a lady who just parked her car beside mine.  The license plate on the front said “I would rather eat worms than drive a Ford”

Her car was a Ford.   Maybe this has an alternative meaning.  Hmmmm!

• Haha 10

13 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I noticed this morning that we can see the ships from our hotel room. Squint real hard and you can see them. 😂 There are three in the pic: Princess, X Beyond, and another X ship. 

IMG_7587.thumb.jpeg.27441dda873108e958b00d92dce33d2b.jpeg

IMG_7588.thumb.jpeg.c49949a90f8da39d67ac2d23ec3d31b0.jpeg

Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 3

The kids have already started their countdown to the next Big Trip. 

IMG_1870.thumb.jpeg.88fd26498c3ecdc86367beba6cbf7a91.jpeg

Saw this sign in the parking shuttle.  Hmm, are they ripping off my summer phrase?

IMG_1871.thumb.jpeg.e529112985bed882eb7f9c5c9fb344cb.jpeg

I already printed out a packing list, because some important things (like a swimsuit for our grandson) were forgotten on our MB trip, so we had to find a place to buy one.  I should have caught it, but kids shorts and tops look a lot like swimsuits and tops to me. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I noticed this morning that we can see the ships from our hotel room. Squint real hard and you can see them. 😂 There are three in the pic: Princess, X Beyond, and another X ship. 

Wishing you all a wonderful cruise.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2024 at 3:10 AM, ReneeFLL said:

That would’ve been hurricane Ike, but the Endeavor High Rise Condominiums are still there. There was some damage, but it was still standing. I was curious about a building that was built to withstand hurricanes and was then totally destroyed, so I googled it. Maybe it was another building that was totally destroyed?

I cannot recall who told me that it was destroyed.My friends who I went on the tour with passed away.I just googled and read that damage from a hurricane in 2008 caused the owners to file for bankruptcy in 2009.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are in Atlantic City with my daughter and the two kids.  They are loving it here.

if I missed anything I am sorry so everyone enjoy everything!!,

Have a nice time in AC.I am recovering from an ear infection .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It has been raining here all day.

We were bored so decided to go out and get a takeaway and sit at the beach.

IMG_20240713_181044.jpg

17208915795143489538972982664745.jpg

It had been raining all day here, too.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2024 at 9:46 AM, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for the clarification. I had read that she was the first female cruise ship captain but the article did not state American. 

Interesting. They also sent a female into space long before the Americans did too.

I also thought she was the first female ship captain. They sure made it sound that way. I was curious how she started out so I googled her. They said she was the first American female captain and the word American stuck in my head. Wasn’t sure why they would add American if she was the first female captain ever. So I went down the google rabbit hole and that’s how I found out there was another female cruise captain before her. I thought it was interesting that both of these women sailed under the RCG.

Then I was curious who the first female captain was of any large ship and started reading on that. I hate rabbit holes, but I did read some very interesting stuff. Now I’m curious how long after the Russians sent a female into space that we finally did. Maybe I’ll go down that hole later, but I need to finalize some tour stuff first. I do read a lot of interesting things because of rabbit holes, but man, it can take a lot of time. 😁

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I also thought she was the first female ship captain. They sure made it sound that way. I was curious how she started out so I googled her. They said she was the first American female captain and the word American stuck in my head. Wasn’t sure why they would add American if she was the first female captain ever. So I went down the google rabbit hole and that’s how I found out there was another female cruise captain before her.

Then I was curious who the first female captain was of any large ship and started reading on that. I hate rabbit holes, but I did read some very interesting stuff. Now I’m curious how long after the Russians sent a female into space that we finally did. Maybe I’ll go down that hole later, but I need to finalize some tour stuff first. I do read a lot of interesting things because of rabbit holes, but man, it can take a lot of time. 😁

Rabbit holes can be fun. I always like learning new things that I did not know before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wish that everyday, especially when I'm leaving for Work😅

The only problem is Cats cannot cruise.

That's true except for Captain Kate's cat Bug Naked. Lucky cat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have a nice time in AC.I am recovering from an ear infection .

Sorry to hear about the ear infection. What did they say about your teeth? Do they want to do implants on the upper teeth? Did they say anything about  the implants and issues they may cause with your sinuses if any?

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry to hear about the ear infection. What did they say about your teeth? Do they want to do implants on the upper teeth? Did they say anything about  the implants and issues they may cause with your sinuses if any?

I was supposed to have my teeth extracted two days ago under General Anesthesia but it was postponed to July 30 since I have the ear infection.
It is tooth number 3 and the one next to it.I forgot to talk to the Dentist about my sinuses.Thanks for reminding me.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I wish that everyday, especially when I'm leaving for Work😅

The only problem is Cats cannot cruise.

We went to a couple of animal shelters looking for kittens, we will continue our search. Wife now wants to remodel one of our non primary bathrooms , I am thinking we could do a cruise in a penthouse for what this will cost us . 

• Like 7

We are onboard and unpacked. I always am so relieved when our bags show up after our flight and then again on the ship. We were impressed by the food in the buffet. Disappointed they don’t have the usual cheesy boarding photo op that I always buy. 😂

IMG_7590.thumb.jpeg.58a53cfb3f19c57f1b1da17f23610016.jpeg

IMG_7594.thumb.jpeg.2751c1d2f76dc00c15add68a38fbe8ac.jpeg

• Like 27