Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

YES. He is already looking forward to this. He will have his license by the beginning of his sophomore year. Unfortunately for him, Texas law won't allow him to drive the party bus 😂 full of all of his friends, but at least he'll be able to get himself to school and back after all of his extra practices.

"With a provisional license, teens can't drive with more than one passenger under 21 who isn't a family member, unless it's for work, school, or a medical emergency. They also can't drive between midnight and 5 AM,"

That’s a good thing. They didn’t have those laws when I was 16. I was a safe driver as my dad told me if I ever got a ticket, wreck the car or do something stupid I would never get to drive the car again.

• Like 3

I had a new exercise at PT yesterday.  Line your feet up one directly behind the other and throw a ball into a vertically oriented trampoline-ish thing and catch on the rebound.  Turns out I can’t stand up with one foot directly behind the other.  Who knew?  So I was allowed to slightly overlap.  I told my PT I’d better be careful not to get pulled over for DUI…can’t walk a straight line…

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

We tried an experiment with the soda cups. Last week's cups are still working in the freestyle machines. Last week's cups had clear lids this week's are colored lids. Now the grandson gets 2 cups full of sprite at once saves a little walking..lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s a good thing. They didn’t have those laws when I was 16. I was a safe driver as my dad told me if I ever got a ticket, wreck the car or do something stupid I would never get to drive the car again.

The laws in ohio were I got a drivers license at 15 and could only drive with a parent also kn the car. Better than not driving. I took drivers ed at 15. And I'm older than you I'd guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I was in my early 30’s when I got my license and car , didn’t need one until I moved to Texas with my job . Lived in New York City before that.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The laws in ohio were I got a drivers license at 15 and could only drive with a parent also kn the car. Better than not driving. I took drivers ed at 15. And I'm older than you I'd guess.

That's the same here. Teens get a permit at 15 and can only drive with parent. Provisional license at 16 and can drive solo but there are restrictions on number of pax in the car. Regular license is issued at 18.

• Like 3

Our most recent cruise was Celebrity. We liked it, but it was a little too subdued for us compared to other lines. Our next three cruises are with Princess, which believe it or not, has more activities in our experience than Celebrity. I would really like to sail with Royal again soon/someday because they have so many unique shows/venues/activities, but DANG their current prices are making it impossible for our budget. The cruises I've been stalking online are twice as expensive as similar cruises at the same time on Princess. I mean, good for them, but bad for us.

• Like 11

I took Drivers Ed the summer between 15 and 16.  Got my learners permit and then got my DL at 16.  As my husband says my car hasn't cooled off since.  I couldn't wait to get my freedom.

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Our most recent cruise was Celebrity. We liked it, but it was a little too subdued for us compared to other lines. Our next three cruises are with Princess, which believe it or not, has more activities in our experience than Celebrity. I would really like to sail with Royal again soon/someday because they have so many unique shows/venues/activities, but DANG their current prices are making it impossible for our budget. The cruises I've been stalking online are twice as expensive as similar cruises at the same time on Princess. I mean, good for them, but bad for us.

My neighbors love Princess and that’s all that they sail. They are up their in the loyalty stays but they say everything is great, food, drink, entertainment and activities.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My neighbors love Princess and that’s all that they sail. They are up their in the loyalty stays but they say everything is great, food, drink, entertainment and activities.

Celebrity and RC loyalty programs are a lot better than Princess loyalty program. IMO, Princess Plus and Premier Beverage Packages are better than Celebrity's Classic and Premium BPs and RC Deluxe BP. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I took Drivers Ed the summer between 15 and 16.  Got my learners permit and then got my DL at 16.  As my husband says my car hasn't cooled off since.  I couldn't wait to get my freedom.

Same for me. A few friends of mine have teenage kids who are in no rush to get their licenses because they “don’t want to grow up “. I don’t get it, but then again I’m an old gen X’er

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, doghog said:

Celebrity and RC loyalty programs are a lot better than Princess loyalty program. IMO, Princess Plus and Premier Beverage Packages are better than Celebrity's Classic and Premium BPs and RC Deluxe BP. 

Good to know. We have never sailed on Princess. I know my neighbors love Princess but I don't think they have ever sailed Royal to compare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That is what we found when we booked Princess for our upcoming January cruise on their newest ship.  We got a longer itinerary with drinks, WiFi and tips, plus a nice OBC for less than Royal with no extras.  We haven’t sailed Princess since 2017. Looking forward to trying out their medallions. 

Then, for a very brief period, Oasis had some decent January prices, so we booked three of those.  Will see how we do with a month on the water.  All I know is it beats shoveling snow. 

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Same for me. A few friends of mine have teenage kids who are in no rush to get their licenses because they “don’t want to grow up “. I don’t get it, but then again I’m an old gen X’er

Yeah I had a couple of acquaintances that both had sons who had not gotten a drivers license even into their 20's.  Apparently they were content to let others do the driving or ride the bus.  I can't imagine.  I had "learner license" on my 16th birthday (the earliest you could get it in Vancouver, Canada in 1982) and I took the road test 2 weeks later.  That was the soonest you could take the test...  Some of us gen X'ers are a different breed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good to know. We have never sailed on Princess. I know my neighbors love Princess but I don't think they have ever sailed Royal to compare.

On my Navigator cruise coming up in Sept, we are cruising with friends who are loyal Princess cruisers.  It'll be interesting to get their take on the differences and the similarities and what is better and what is worse.  I wish their first taste would have been an Oasis class but this was the best I could persuade them to do.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah I had a couple of acquaintances that both had sons who had not gotten a drivers license even into their 20's.  Apparently they were content to let others do the driving or ride the bus.  I can't imagine.  I had "learner license" on my 16th birthday (the earliest you could get it in Vancouver, Canada in 1982) and I took the road test 2 weeks later.  That was the soonest you could take the test...  Some of us gen X'ers are a different breed. 

I think they call it "failure to launch"  I have had acquaintances who seemed happy that their sons had no desire to drive, explore or go places.  I don't think they appreciated my input.

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

I grew up on a farm in western Pa. You got a learners permit at 16, and got a DL shortly after. And daddy put you right to work. I had been driving farm machinery on  the highway for years, no license required, either for the driver or the machines. And they didn't go that fast.

No buses in the farm country, every one either drove or walked.

• Like 9

Just now, Keksie said:

I think they call it "failure to launch"  I have had acquaintances who seemed happy that their sons had no desire to drive, explore or go places.  I don't think they appreciated my input.

Yeah I learned a long time ago to keep my parenting advise to myself with my friends.  I tend to have unpopular opinions. 😮 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I grew up on a farm in western Pa. You got a learners permit at 16, and got a DL shortly after. And daddy put you right to work. I had been driving farm machinery on  the highway for years, no license required, either for the driver or the machines. And they didn't go that fast.

No buses in the farm country, every one either drove or walked.

I'm a city boy.  I was raised in Vancouver and was riding public transit on my own at 12 years old.  I couldn't wait to get my license, I already had a car.  I remember the day after I got my license, me and two buddies jammed 6 girls into a Datsun B210 hatchback and we roared around town on a Friday night.  🙂 

Screenshot2024-08-13at1_58_43PM.thumb.png.d63a34bad4a4229e8d90dd894b7f0412.png

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid

John, a veteran police reporter on Israeli TV was diagnosed two and a half years ago, and so far, only his voice has been affected. The somewhat "stable" condition he is in is due to having treatments in Boston, flying out every 3 months.

I've reached out, and received the name of his doctor -- Merit Cudkowicz, MD.

Hope this info can help you, best wishes 🌺

Thanks for posting this Dani.  It is uplifting to see that people from all over the world is concerned.   I looked up the Dr and she sounds special and a great doctor!

I too see a Neurologist every 3 months. My next visit is 2 weeks from yesterday.  I will see if my Neurologist is familiar with this one.

The hospital where I see my Neurologist is currently experimenting with a new ALS treatment. The doctor in charge of it is part of a multi-institutional research team.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2