Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 8/29/2024 at 6:16 PM, Keksie said:

You really know your lighthouses, I am impressed.  Yes Pensacola.  We finally made it to the naval museum and the lighthouse is right down the road.

The Penscola naval museum is one of the best in the US. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Overnighted in NYC.  We were blessed with beautiful weather.  Photo from the Staten Island ferry last night:

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.88d11b85497c850cf464d83d7fe2c020.jpeg

I took the Staten Island Ferry to and from Manhattan every day when I worked Downtown.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I took the Staten Island Ferry to and from Manhattan every day when I worked Downtown.

And I took it every July and August weekdays for 10 years going to day camp in Staten Island. We kids loved the triple deck ferries the best. I always looked forward to a soft pretzel with a squeeze of mustard on top.  Simple pleasures.

image.jpeg.137edf38beb7158bf7ec5ed80dbdbabf.jpeg

• Like 10

I am heartsick with the news of the Georgia school shooting.  2 children and 2 teachers dead.  Sorry to bring sad news in here but it's weighing heavy on my mind and heart.  Shooter is a 14 year old boy in custody.  I remember when school was a safe haven for us.  

image.png.45957593be148ec7a19d37e618845075.png

• Like 13

Got an appointment to see about my GI issue.  Earliest appointment is in six weeks.  Sigh.  Hope I don’t have an issue before then but if so I’ll go back to the walk-in clinic…

Yes, awful about the school shooting in Winder.  And it sounds like the shooter had been reported to police a year ago…

• Like 4

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Overnighted in NYC.  We were blessed with beautiful weather.  Photo from the Staten Island ferry last night:

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.88d11b85497c850cf464d83d7fe2c020.jpeg

Beautiful shot and with the sunset, amazing.

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I am heartsick with the news of the Georgia school shooting.  2 children and 2 teachers dead.  Sorry to bring sad news in here but it's weighing heavy on my mind and heart.  Shooter is a 14 year old boy in custody.  I remember when school was a safe haven for us.  

image.png.45957593be148ec7a19d37e618845075.png

Agree sad what this world has become and to have kids being the ones doing this, heartbreaking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Picked my wife’s new car today 😀

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.801f815350ef82e055d7b838ab33d074.jpeg

then took it down to Seal Beach.

IMG_2353.thumb.jpeg.e12cb8c7d2acf0f8ab651ce1f2bc8804.jpeg

Congrats.  Great colour.  I find the up-charge for that colour a little steep, but I've seen a few up close, and they do look great.

dp

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Picked my wife’s new car today 😀

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.801f815350ef82e055d7b838ab33d074.jpeg

then took it down to Seal Beach.

IMG_2353.thumb.jpeg.e12cb8c7d2acf0f8ab651ce1f2bc8804.jpeg

Look's great Dave. The acceleration in those cars are insane.

Hey question, any tips you can recommend about embarking on Navigator and the San Pedro port?

3 hours ago, dpostman said:

Congrats.  Great colour.  I find the up-charge for that colour a little steep, but I've seen a few up close, and they do look great.

dp

Originally she wanted the white but I really pushed the Red.  After seeing it in real life at a distribution center and then looking around and seeing that there are a million whites on the streets of Souther California but not near as many reds she decided she liked red the best.  I’m glad she did.  That was my favorite. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Look's great Dave. The acceleration in those cars are insane.

Hey question, any tips you can recommend about embarking on Navigator and the San Pedro port?

Not really, It has been pretty straight forward.  Unless you are in a suite there is a bit of a line into security but it moves fast. Once past that everything is pretty quick.  I’ll try and video or takes pics of the process when I board Sept 20.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Not really, It has been pretty straight forward.  Unless you are in a suite there is a bit of a line into security but it moves fast. Once past that everything is pretty quick.  I’ll try and video or takes pics of the process when I board Sept 20.

Great thanks Dave. Are you doing a live or anything?

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great thanks Dave. Are you doing a live or anything?

Probably not… We’re traveling with friends and they’re pretty private folks and wouldn’t appreciate being included in a live thread.  I think my next live will be Icon in Nov.  Maybe I’ll do one on Nav. In Oct but it’s just a 4 day Ensenada Catalina one so not a super interesting interesting itinerary.  I’m sailing on that one with just my grandson.  That might make it interesting.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Love the red!   Probably 90% of the cars I’ve ever owned have been red.  

Some friends of ours got a Red Model X and as soon as I saw it I was in love.  I didn’t get a model X but the Y looks just as good.

• Like 3