Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have every album and CD by The Band.
Another favorite group for me is Blue Oyster Cult.

When I was in my teens as well as liking Tamla Motown I liked the band

Cream including Eric Clapton.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just returned from Lowes and installed the new faucet part.  Still no water flow.  Must be a problem in the valve body.  Time to give up and call a plumber.  I hate this feeling of defeat.

6 minutes ago, singinalot said:

bummer! I know that's frustrating

👎

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just returned from Lowes and installed the new faucet part.  Still no water flow.  Must be a problem in the valve body.  Time to give up and call a plumber.  I hate this feeling of defeat.

Sorry, I hate that feeling.   

4 hours ago, island lady said:

For some reasons I can't envision Stanley Tucci without seeing him in that weird dress and hairdo on Hunger Games.  😄 

His show was very good, beautiful scenes of Italy and the food. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Barbra Streisand.

On a cruise note. Two Carnivals ships pulled into Galveston!

if you were to ask Barbra Streisand who was her greatest influence and she was totally honest she would have to say Lenquixote66.

When we were infants we live directly around the corner from each other.

Her mother would walk her in her baby carriage on warm sunny days and my mother would walk me from the opposite direction.Our mothers would stop to talk and Barbra and I would babble to each other.We both became childhood singers.My parents entered me in a very early American Idol type of tv show and I was rejected but Barbra has had a fabulous career.

She is my wife’s favorite female singer.

• Like 4

I'm working from home today (could have gone back to office a while ago, but I think I get more done here than at home).     Anyway, funny phone call on house landline.    A guy with a heavy indian accent called and said Hi Grandma.    first of all I am not a Grandma (as far as I know) I thought let's play.   

I said Hi how are you?    delay...then says he needs my help as soon as possible    I said why what happened    delay...then says he needs me to send his brother money to help get him out of a bad business deal.    

I told him, give me the information on where the police should contact you and your brother.     long delay, then hung up!   

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm working from home today (could have gone back to office a while ago, but I think I get more done here than at home).     Anyway, funny phone call on house landline.    A guy with a heavy indian accent called and said Hi Grandma.    first of all I am not a Grandma (as far as I know) I thought let's play.   

I said Hi how are you?    delay...then says he needs my help as soon as possible    I said why what happened    delay...then says he needs me to send his brother money to help get him out of a bad business deal.    

I told him, give me the information on where the police should contact you and your brother.     long delay, then hung up!   

Lol, I love stringing those calls along.

• Like 5

Today was spent installing more pool fence. We’re about 3/4 of the way done but at the mercy of the weather. It drizzled all of last night so today we worked in a muddy, chilly 49 degrees. We’re also in a time crunch of getting this done before we leave for FL next Tuesday.  Would not be comfortable taking off for 3 weeks with just the temporary fencing up.  I’m done for the day and looking forward to my 🍷

• Like 2

We took the kids to their first concert about 10 years ago so they would have been around 8 and 10 at the time.  The concert was one that the Trans Siberian Orchestra puts on every Christmas.  The looks on the kids faces was priceless with how loud everything was and all the lights and pyrotechnics going on.  We’ve been back to see it a couple times and live streamed it last year.  Nothing will ever beat that first time though. 

• Like 5

In my part of NY there is a band that has been around since 1977.The cover and sing original songs and are on You Tube.I have been to more of their concerts than any other group .The name of the band is Turnpike Joe and The Traffic Jam . The female singer in the group Joanne (J-Bird ) Phillips reminded me of Grace Slick when I first saw the band in 2003.

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I must be the only one who truly misses one of the best musicians in my lifetime. 

Harry Chapin died way to young. 

Loved his style. 

Saw him in concert a couple times in one year. 
Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron, and waited at Stambaugh auditorium in Youngstown during a snow storm where he arrived 2 hours late. Then played his heart out to Almost 1am. A few weeks later I was on vacation in Boulder Colorado and attended his concert there. He brought up the snow event. Our group cheered. The next thing you know I was on stage with my legend. Talk about a memory being made. 

Miss him.   

I remember the night he died

I'm at the age where Cat's in the Cradle chokes me up.😪

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have my ticket stubs from every concert I went to as well as every play and sporting event.

Unfortunately, when you pass, no one will care.

Got rid of most of our junk 6 years ago. It's just stuff 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Unfortunately, when you pass, no one will care.

Got rid of most of our junk 6 years ago. It's just stuff 

My feeling is that if I get rid of them as well as the two huge crates of cruise memorabilia and sports and music memorabilia I would regret it.

When I moved from NYC to small town NY 18 years ago I got rid of so much stuff,records,books,magazines that I wish I still had some of it.

Therefore,I will let my children decide what they want

I have boxes of items that belonged to my parents who left the planet 40 years ago.I like to look at the things they could not part with.

My father went to a jazz concert in 1927 and kept the program.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1