Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Maybe a little wine will help????

We drink lots of wine , had a nice Napa Cabernet last night, beautiful sunny day we are on 70’s and it will be 80, have not been in our pool yet which is strange for late May.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What a cutie. Sorry to hear this, it’s always so hard when they get sick and pass on. When our last cat passed we found out that some vets will come to your house to put them to sleep. I think it was so much more less stressful for Keiki. She was in the comfort of her home. 🐈 💕

Thanks , we are all sad

13 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

OUCH OUCH OUCH!

When me and the DH were married 30 years ago this upcoming August, we paid for our own wedding.

We had 375 guests, band, all the toots and bangles.

Paid for wedding and 14 days in Hawaii before we walked down the aisle.

Always saved for whatever life does.

Put the money gifted to us at reeption in bank for when we would build our house, and stored all new gifts till we moved in. (I did not live at home for two years prior to our marriage, and used my old stuff for first two years). 

When we were only able to have one child a daughter, we started saving for her day over 25 years ago.

We did good.

Never touched the fund and contributed to it monthly for did I say 25 years.

Now that COVID restrictions have been lifting up and many vendors business was down, I guess we fell into a lucky period for us.  Almost all have decreased their standard fees by at least 20%.  That helped us.

So her ceremony and reception are at the same venue.

Strings for the service and vocalist.

9 piece band and DJ for band breaks.

Cocktail hour with appetizers.

Sit down dinner for around 175-200 guests

Photo booth.

Alcohol.

Honey moon suite for two nights for bride and groom (even though the groom is staying at his parents house after rehearsal dinner Friday)  and 2 nights comped in hotel room for me and spouse.

All my friends are baking their specialty cookies for the cookie table.

Chocolates at a surprise tribute table.  (shhhhh it is a secret)

And of course all the extra added expenses, like photographers, videographers , 

Even with the discount weddings are not cheap, but, it will be very memorable for her.

Next weekend is the shower weekend, one here in town, and one near the grooms family house.

We have elderly family members that cannot travel so meeting all needs.

So if anyone bored and wants to party, let me know..........by May  28th.

🙄

• Like 5

On 5/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

Looking for some advice.  I started looking at cruises for Feb/March 2022. My preference would be be a 9, 10 or 11 nighter out of FL, but not sure those longer cruises will be happening? So thinking about a B2B with a 7 night + 3 or 4 night.  How do you make the timing of this work since 7 nts are Sat/Sat or Sun/Sun, 3 nts are Fri/Sat/Sun, 4 nts are Mon/Fri.  I assume just add hotel nights where needed but wanted to see if there are any other tricks.  What better place to ask than CC?!

I’m hoping they will be doing cruises longer than 7 nights by then. I just booked a 9 nighter for March out of Miami.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I am glad that you understand - I hope that Bucky doesn't go grocery shopping and come back with a quart of "Ben & Jerry's Moose Droppings"...............or Canada Geese sausages!!!!!

Ewww....  🤢😄 

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had a hankering for seafood last night.  When you're in the suburbs of Cincinnati, that pretty much means Bonefish Grill. I should have known that it wasn't going to be good when I saw that Butterfish was the special.  😱

IMG_7087.thumb.jpg.00aee3dc43c7c6bdf419dc5ff76fb0c3.jpg

I ordered the Ahi Tuna seared.  Way overcooked with much of it looking like what you'd get in a can of tuna fish. At least the bacon mac n cheese was good.  Micheline order a crusted cod and it was even more overcooked than my tuna.  Can't wait to get back to real seafood.  My plate after one bite.

1842600886_IMG_7088(2).thumb.jpg.43114dbe9182db780fd37c2c4377ce7c.jpg

2 or 3 years ago we had a similar experience with Bonefish grille and never went back.    I have heard the same from others.    Sorry you had a bad experience.    Hopefully you get to fulfill your seafood craving this weekend.    

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just so you know, it is 46 degrees here right now.😏

We are 48 degrees today.    Heavy rain all night and most of the morning.   now it is misty and ugly.    suppose to be like this tomorrow too.    I think we always get rain on memorial day weekend but not his cold.      

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are 48 degrees today.    Heavy rain all night and most of the morning.   now it is misty and ugly.    suppose to be like this tomorrow too.    I think we always get rain on memorial day weekend but not his cold.      

It is hot...hot...hot down here.  Beaches are packed.  We are headed up your way early tomorrow to the cold and drizzle.  😉 

2 or 3 years ago we had a similar experience with Bonefish grille and never went back.    I have heard the same from others.    Sorry you had a bad experience.    Hopefully you get to fulfill your seafood craving this weekend.    

There was one here in RI a few years ago. Never tried it and it didn’t last long. Maybe because we have so many legit local seafood restaurants - yet Olive Garden stays open, with all the good Italian restaurants we have 🤷🏻‍♀️

Past happy hour and well under way here:

Reykjavik Sat 5:36 pm

Currently 48 degrees with rain there as well.  

Was supposed to be on a cruise to Iceland this year, and Greenland...sigh. 😞   Hopefully someday!  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

It is hot...hot...hot down here.  Beaches are packed.  We are headed up your way early tomorrow to the cold and drizzle.  😉 

Monday is going to be in the 70's and sunny (if "they" are right) then back into the high 70's / low 80's next week.     I'm sure it will get better for where you are staying too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

There was one here in RI a few years ago. Never tried it and it didn’t last long. Maybe because we have so many legit local seafood restaurants - yet Olive Garden stays open, with all the good Italian restaurants we have 🤷🏻‍♀️

I always love the salad and breadsticks at olive garden.    

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

When me and the DH were married 30 years ago this upcoming August, we paid for our own wedding.

We had 375 guests, band, all the toots and bangles.

Paid for wedding and 14 days in Hawaii before we walked down the aisle.

Always saved for whatever life does.

Put the money gifted to us at reeption in bank for when we would build our house, and stored all new gifts till we moved in. (I did not live at home for two years prior to our marriage, and used my old stuff for first two years). 

When we were only able to have one child a daughter, we started saving for her day over 25 years ago.

We did good.

Never touched the fund and contributed to it monthly for did I say 25 years.

Now that COVID restrictions have been lifting up and many vendors business was down, I guess we fell into a lucky period for us.  Almost all have decreased their standard fees by at least 20%.  That helped us.

So her ceremony and reception are at the same venue.

Strings for the service and vocalist.

9 piece band and DJ for band breaks.

Cocktail hour with appetizers.

Sit down dinner for around 175-200 guests

Photo booth.

Alcohol.

Honey moon suite for two nights for bride and groom (even though the groom is staying at his parents house after rehearsal dinner Friday)  and 2 nights comped in hotel room for me and spouse.

All my friends are baking their specialty cookies for the cookie table.

Chocolates at a surprise tribute table.  (shhhhh it is a secret)

And of course all the extra added expenses, like photographers, videographers , 

Even with the discount weddings are not cheap, but, it will be very memorable for her.

Next weekend is the shower weekend, one here in town, and one near the grooms family house.

We have elderly family members that cannot travel so meeting all needs.

So if anyone bored and wants to party, let me know..........by May  28th.

🙄

Ummm, X 3 over here!  Two down and one to go. Oldest got married while middle was still in college - that was a tough year LOL. 

• Like 2

Monday is going to be in the 70's and sunny (if "they" are right) then back into the high 70's / low 80's next week.     I'm sure it will get better for where you are staying too. 

Thanks..yeah, not worried about it.  Will just be the first week of our summer long stay in Maine.  

Only bad thing is my sister is coming up for just the one week to stay with us next week.  Not great weather for trying to show her around up there.  She has never been to Maine.