Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

34 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I thought we were done with this for the season.  Nope, Memorial Day weekend and it’s wine, hockey, fuzzy slippers & the fireplace.  

90C9D7A5-322F-491F-871C-95F8206DC54A.jpeg

First game in the Garden with fans allowed at almost full capacity.  Restrictions were lifted in the state today, though Garden is still requiring masks for now.  They still have the sections behind the benches covered up for now, will see how long that lasts.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Crazy cold for memorial day.  People had on puffy winter coats when I ran errands today.   I gave up and put the heat on for tonight.  

We are at our cabin in the Poconos, seems Memorial Day weekend is usually chilly and rainy.  Currently 43 here, grandkids are here so heat is on, been trying to find things to keep them busy inside until it warms up, hopefully by Monday.  Got one warm day in, had ducks come visit us by the dock then come up the hill later in the day to beg for food, kids thought it was cool, us not so sure.

20210527_200130~2.jpg

• Like 8

While the B’s game is on, I’m sitting here reading up on CC about Celebrity Equinox. We’re about to pull the trigger on a 9 night cruise end of March 2022. New line for us and 3 new ports (Grand Cayman, Aruba & Curaçao).  I feel like a cheater posting this on an RC board 😂.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, singinalot said:

out for our first time in a movie theater since maybe Jan 2020.

feels so good. 

I know it’s not the same everywhere so I don’t take this moment for granted. 💔 

Do tell. :classic_biggrin: What movie are you seeing? Is there anyone else in the theater? I am thinking about trying a movie next month for my birthday. Which used be something we did every year. Matinee and an early dinner out. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for your nice words.

Cruise Wizard posted on this thread today about ghost sightings .I was reading some other posts on CC and I saw one in which you spoke about Pauline’s psychic ability.In the late 80’s I would often go with co-workers to Psychics .One of them told me that I had the most psychic ability of anyone she ever met.Prior to that I took courses with a well known psychic who was a Professor at Duke University.The classes were held in a college laboratory.One of the things I was able to do was move objects solely by thought.Everyone in the class was able to do it as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

The Nordic Empress (Empress of the Seas) was our first cruise which was a 4 day Bahamas itinerary. She looked so big to us and she got us hooked on cruising

Agree. Empress was first ship for me and my husband and sons as well, although I went on a cruise with my parents and younger brothers many years earlier.  

Our Empress cruise was to Bermuda and we were able to dock at both Hamilton and St. George's. 

Beautiful. 

• Like 1

Thanks! We are looking forward to getting back to the movies too. A Quiet Place was pretty good. We are looking forward to seeing the sequel. The book it was loosely based on, "The Silence" by Tim Lebbon is very creepy. Interesting that Stanley Tucci, Emily Blunt's brother in law will be starring in the Netflix version of the book. :classic_biggrin::classic_huh::classic_biggrin:

ABOUT THE SILENCE

Now a gripping Netflix movie starring Stanley Tucci and Kiernan Shipka.

A suspenseful masterpiece from New York Times bestselling author Tim Lebbon. In the darkness of a underground cave system, blind creatures hunt by sound. Then there is light, there are voices, and they feed… Swarming from their prison, the creatures thrive and destroy. To scream, even to whisper, is to summon death. As the hordes lay waste to Europe, a girl watches to see if they will cross the sea. Deaf for many years, she knows how to live in silence; now, it is her family’s only chance of survival. To leave their home, to shun others, to find a remote haven where they can sit out the plague. But will it ever end? And what kind of world will be left?

Edited by Coralc

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Cruise Wizard posted on this thread today about ghost sightings .I was reading some other posts on CC and I saw one in which you spoke about Pauline’s psychic ability.In the late 80’s I would often go with co-workers to Psychics .One of them told me that I had the most psychic ability of anyone she ever met.Prior to that I took courses with a well known psychic who was a Professor at Duke University.The classes were held in a college laboratory.One of the things I was able to do was move objects solely by thought.Everyone in the class was able to do it as well.

That's amazing.

6 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

BTW, I sometimes feel like this thread goes off the rails from its original intent. But I guess it’s whatever is “routine” in everyone’s day.  Or even what’s unique on any given day. 
@dani negreanustarted something really special here. 

I absolutely agree.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

While the B’s game is on, I’m sitting here reading up on CC about Celebrity Equinox. ...  I feel like a cheater posting this on an RC board 😂.

Don't. We were booked on an inaugural for 4 days (Celebrity Apex, like I've mentioned in my first very post). I was very keen to sample a brand new ship, as I was with Anthem. Nearer for us Southampton than Florida...

Royal and Celebrity are as the Republic of China and Hong Kong....  One country, two systems 😁

BTW, Equinox is an amazing ship with excellent food and service [at least before the "routine" settled in...]

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I can get my wife to move out of the bed in the middle of the night while I am still sleeping. She calls it snoring. Strange because I never hear a thing!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sad to hear the passing of Captain Stubing, Galvin MacLeod, from Love Boat today.  RIP. 

Gavin was 90 when he passed away.  Yes, RIP. The Love Boat was somewhat responsible for the popularity of cruises since that show first aired.  Always one of my favorites.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, voyager70 said:

My dad is 100% Italian. First generation born in the US. Growing up we would travel to his family - about an hour and a half away - once a month for a traditional Italian dinner.  Everything was made from scratch, no recipes used (the women learned to cook by watching their mothers).  We would leave with a trunk full of food which I would feast on for a week.  Spoiled me for life for Italian food.  

Even in my travels to Italy I find myself comparing the food to those childhood meals.

Wonderful memories to keep close to your heart.  Although I'm not Italian, I love watching Laura in the Kitchen on You Tube.  Born in Naples, came to the states when she was 12.  Very authentic recipes. She worked in her father's NJ restaurant where she met her husband.  Great rapport with her dad Sal who cooks with her at times.  She also has a few shows of her trips back to Italy where she cooks with her nonna in the kitchen.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

While DS1's best friends are busy "dealing" with their first born, he is SUP-sitting their dog, Fiona 😁

Looks like the beach is crowded.  Is Israel fully out of lockdown now? 

And I love water dogs.  Not sure why.  Just something cool about it.  It's one of the reasons that I've enjoyed watching Sailing Doodles on YouTube.  Sorry if that is from Bella's thread and people here don't know what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

First game in the Garden with fans allowed at almost full capacity.  Restrictions were lifted in the state today, though Garden is still requiring masks for now.  They still have the sections behind the benches covered up for now, will see how long that lasts.

I remember seeing a game in the old Garden sometime around 1982.  Part of a college road trip through NYC, Newport, and Boston.  We had nose bleed seats in the upper section and I remember thinking that it was the steepest stairs that I'd ever seen.

• Like 2