Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

Good flight in, love cute little Bangor airport.  Super easy to pick up baggage and a rental car at the small airport. Got turned around lost trying to get to Ellsworth (stupid Mapquest!!)...but pulled up the GPS feature on my phone...she "talked" our way back out of the mess and got us here.  😉 

Cold, rainy, cloudy, drizzle...yuck!  But should clear up by this weekend.  Thus pictures of the inside only of the first rental home (of five for the season).   Very new, extremely clean beautiful house.  Wondering if we are the first to rent it since they built it last year.  Picking up my sister at the airport this afternoon...no Mapquest this time!!  

Our home for two weeks in East Blue Hill ME, located on an inlet other side of Mount Desert Island (Bar Harbor).  Owners have supplied brand new kayaks to use...maybe by this weekend.  

20210531_080810.jpg

20210531_080825.jpg

20210531_080835.jpg

Welcome to New England. Maine has a beautiful rugged coastline. The weather will be making steady improvement as today comes to a close. You arrived at a good time.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, island lady said:

Lots of birds we can see through the windows.  Waiting on my bird feeders to arrive.  😉 

Bucky walked down to the water with his rain coat on, watched a huge Eagle eating some fish on the shoreline in front of the house.  

Bucky needs to buy a fishing pole - fresh fish each day for a shore lunch................life is good!!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We booked a land vacation today in Antigua, for this coming February.  We have a window of 10 days before Owen’s exams and Lisa’s Valentines Birthday.  Booking a cruise for more than 6 days was hard. 

We did a lot of comparing of island resorts, as well as cruises. Our final selection was Sandals.  We made a $250 deposit, with final payment in early December and a full cash refund up to 25 days prior.  We did a vacation package with airfare included.  It was hard to say no and we have stayed here before a few years ago. At least we have something to look forward to next Winter. 

It is a beautiful place! We have been there many times on a day pass since it is close to the cruise port. The grounds and pool are beautiful. I am picturing it now...aaaaah! You are going to love it!

• Like 1

The cicada noise post reminded me of years ago a new next door neighbor whom I guess had never encountered them left a message on my answering machine “...um, I don’t know what you are doing in your yard...but the noise is driving me insane.  Do you have to do it all day and night?!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not really in lockdown here anymore. We don't exactly engage in crowded activities yet but we do get out and about some. A couple of weeks ago my agency said we'd be going back to our 2 days in the office office and it made my wife sad (it's a 40 mile drive each way). Later that afternoon my section received notice that we didn't have to return to the office until our new building is completed and ready for occupants next March. Even then I will still only be in the office 2 days a week but it will still be 40 miles each way.

Today was yard work day since it's going to start raining tomorrow. If I didn't mow today, I'd have to mow it twice next week at different levels - it's growing fast with the 10 inches of rain in the last few weeks.  Also weedeated, spread some bug killer, sprinkled the fire ants, etc.  Not that warm but very humid. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

This is the sound outside that the cicadas make. It is hard being outside for any length of time.

Other than 2 dead cicada carcasses, there have been no cicadas in our yard.  No idea why.  I remember having a lot 17 years ago.

28 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Not really in lockdown here anymore. We don't exactly engage in crowded activities yet but we do get out and about some. A couple of weeks ago my agency said we'd be going back to our 2 days in the office office and it made my wife sad (it's a 40 mile drive each way). Later that afternoon my section received notice that we didn't have to return to the office until our new building is completed and ready for occupants next March. Even then I will still only be in the office 2 days a week but it will still be 40 miles each way.

Today was yard work day since it's going to start raining tomorrow. If I didn't mow today, I'd have to mow it twice next week at different levels - it's growing fast with the 10 inches of rain in the last few weeks.  Also weedeated, spread some bug killer, sprinkled the fire ants, etc.  Not that warm but very humid. 

We need rain down here in Florida...............send us some - not a lot - just some!!!! Hurricane Season starts tomorrow - bummer!!!!! But CRUSING starts on June 26 out of Fort Lauderdale!!!!!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We need rain down here in Florida...............send us some - not a lot - just some!!!! Hurricane Season starts tomorrow - bummer!!!!! But CRUSING starts on June 26 out of Fort Lauderdale!!!!!

We have plenty rain here in the Dallas area.  You're welcome to as much as you want.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We take Owen to get his first vaccination this afternoon. 

Good luck to Owen.  Hope it's easy for him with no side effects.

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

This is the sound outside that the cicadas make. It is hard being outside for any length of time.

We had an awful infestation of I think, tent caterpillars in NY.  Nasty little buggers hung, swinging from the trees, bushes, in the grass all over the place.  Fuzzy white stuff adhered to branches everywhere.  They decimated many trees. We couldn't sit outdoors for most of Spring and parts of Summer.  I think the infestation time is more than every 10 years.  At least they didn't make noise.

To all our veterans and current military people.  Thank you for your service to our great country.  Home of the free because of the brave.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Good flight in, love cute little Bangor airport.  Super easy to pick up baggage and a rental car at the small airport. Got turned around lost trying to get to Ellsworth (stupid Mapquest!!)...but pulled up the GPS feature on my phone...she "talked" our way back out of the mess and got us here.  😉 

Cold, rainy, cloudy, drizzle...yuck!  But should clear up by this weekend.  Thus pictures of the inside only of the first rental home (of five for the season).   Very new, extremely clean beautiful house.  Wondering if we are the first to rent it since they built it last year.  Picking up my sister at the airport this afternoon...no Mapquest this time!!  

Our home for two weeks in East Blue Hill ME, located on an inlet other side of Mount Desert Island (Bar Harbor).  Owners have supplied brand new kayaks to use...maybe by this weekend.  

20210531_080810.jpg

20210531_080825.jpg

20210531_080835.jpg

Nice rental.

Sending you both our very best wishes for your 25th Wedding anniversary tomorrow Pat & Bucky.

We hope you have a fantastic day and wonderful vacation.

Graham & Pauline xx

• Like 1

We are home now after 3 nights and 4 days in the Lake District.

Today was 77°F and sunny.

We started the day in Grasmere the home of Wordsworth a famous English poet.

I then drove to Lake Coniston where Donald Campbell died trying to break the water speed record in 1967.

We then had lunch outside at a lovely hotel near Bowness.

Afterwards we walked around Bowness overlooking Lake Windermere.

IMG_20210531_110127.jpg

Screenshot_20210531_112732_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20210531_123904.jpg

Screenshot_20210531_124046_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG-20210531-WA0004.jpg

• Like 16

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Best wishes to Owen and no side effects too 

He says thank-you to all. His second dose is in 56 days. Originally we though it would be 112 days so that was a wonderful surprise.

D3A9159E-54D4-4EE5-8C8C-A85B4941DBC9.thumb.jpeg.9f6b30cfa4a5a481668039664a2ff85c.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We take Owen to get his first vaccination this afternoon. 

That’s great!  Hope it’s as painless for him as my 14 year old (no reactions).  Mine goes for his second next Saturday.  Looking forward to a more normal fall for everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

He says thank-you to all. His second dose is in 56 days. Originally we though it would be 112 days so that was a wonderful surprise.

D3A9159E-54D4-4EE5-8C8C-A85B4941DBC9.thumb.jpeg.9f6b30cfa4a5a481668039664a2ff85c.jpeg

Which vaccine did he get. We got the Pfizer 2 doses and they were 3 weeks apart. Is there a different lag time for adults and minors? Just curious.