Royal Caribbean to use three Australia based cruise ships to repatriate crew members home

It is happening in the US too, Chilburn. I think it is nice that Royal Caribbean is using their ships for a useful purpose like repatriating their crew. 

Edited by Coralc

44 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is happening in the US too, Chilburn. I think it is nice that Royal Caribbean is using their ships for a useful purpose like repatriating their crew. 

I know.

We are pretty well on top of the situation here, I think?

You would think we could offer some care and assistance to those lovely crew.

Pretty selfish.

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

USA has made the choice to bing them into port. so this comment has become moot. 

7 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

What would you expect from carnival.

Theres now a criminal investigation and Ruby isn’t going anywhere.

But even the ships that are here year round have been told to get their bat and ball and go home.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

But even the ships that are here year round have been told to get their bat and ball and go home.

Where do these flagged-by-convenience ships go?  Their "home" can't accommodate all these ships at once.

16 minutes ago, mpk said:

Where do these flagged-by-convenience ships go?  Their "home" can't accommodate all these ships at once.

And the registration ports are on the other side of the world.

The maritime unions are complaining about the treatment of the crews.

Im not a unionist but they  do stick up for the little guy.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:15 PM, Chiliburn said:

I’m ashamed at the Australian action.

The lovely crew that waits on us and we have #hit on them.

The ships have a lot to answer, that s why there is a homicide investigation into the issue and still passengers are spreading the virus and dropping like flies. There own people do not want them , they are protesting there return and taking there photos and video recording and abusing them . 

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

The ships have a lot to answer, that s why there is a homicide investigation into the issue and still passengers are spreading the virus and dropping like flies. There own people do not want them , they are protesting there return and taking there photos and video recording and abusing them . 

Haven’t seen you on the Australian forum.

Theres a troll on there  you would like.

Hope these guys are doing well and will be home soon. I find it disgusting that they were not allowed to land. At least they could put them on quarntine for awhile and support them with food and water delivery. Instead, they wasted their time on the ship which was not event operating. Why is that? And now they are waiting to be shipped home. People should take care more about each other. Hope the rest of the cews out there dont face similar problems

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Haven’t seen you on the Australian forum.

Theres a troll on there  you would like.

Thank you for your kind words ,telling me I would like a troll . God speed to you and your family and hope you all do not need one of the ICU beds . Do you know how many we have ? 

2229 ventilation machine 

then blood pressure falls more machines 

then kidneys.. dialysis machine and nursing 24hr and Dr in a isolated room , no family visitors... 

There will still be car accidents ,heart attacks and birth complications....

RIP another passing 🙏

Nobody wants your darn rare Australian ventilation machines. Crew and guests only wanted to fly home immediately. A convoy to the airports would have done Australia and NZ a better deal. Now the world has seen your inhumanity and ugly government which you have elected.

Tourists are being refrained from repatriation and are locked in a country they do not want to stay in. My air force was standing by and my national carrier on the expense of my government were not allowed to land in Australia and NZ to pick up stranded tourists and crew. The air force had converted 2 A310 to ICU version to get the sick home- Australia did not allow. 15000 of my countrymen in Australia and 10000 in NZ are locked up even 3 weeks after the outbreak. 

Yesterday finally NZ allowed 3 national A380 and 3 B747 to land and pick up  tourists after a long diplomatic spat.

So do not wine about your ventilation machines just let the people fly home and that includes the crew that has pampered you guys during the happy day sailings.

Australia is a shame and it takes a long time to re-build reputation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cgncruiser said:

Nobody wants your darn rare Australian ventilation machines. Crew and guests only wanted to fly home immediately. A convoy to the airports would have done Australia and NZ a better deal. Now the world has seen your inhumanity and ugly government which you have elected.

Tourists are being refrained from repatriation and are locked in a country they do not want to stay in. My air force was standing by and my national carrier on the expense of my government were not allowed to land in Australia and NZ to pick up stranded tourists and crew. The air force had converted 2 A310 to ICU version to get the sick home- Australia did not allow. 15000 of my countrymen in Australia and 10000 in NZ are locked up even 3 weeks after the outbreak. 

Yesterday finally NZ allowed 3 national A380 and 3 B747 to land and pick up  tourists after a long diplomatic spat.

So do not wine about your ventilation machines just let the people fly home and that includes the crew that has pampered you guys during the happy day sailings.

It's not just tourists. They wont let their own Australian crew get off the ships, crew that had just been giving Australian's free cruises...

4 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

Australia is a shame and it takes a long time to re-build 

Sorry they are not my ventilation machines, and my inhumane treatment of whom ,only starting fact and figures and I have no say in letting anyone fly anywhere. How do you know if I voted at all ? Please enlighten me to whom is responsible for this Global pandemic ? ....

GP of 2019 ! 

bit like can't forget the GFC ......... who was responsible for that one .........not Australia, 

ps never been offered any happy day sailings .

Happy Day 🙂

7 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

https://onemileatatime.com/cruise-ship-flight-ban/ 🙄