Is this really the new going rate?

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

In the current climate, I wouldn't pay more than $100pppd for a balcony, especially in Feb.

Biker, who won't book anything outside of final payment for the foreseeable future and would take the cash on any cancelled cruise.

I'm paying just over $100pppd for inside cabins, going solo, so I guess that's why more dollars. 

But I'm using the $100 figure myself as a guide. Not easy to find out of Galveston:(

If I see some last minute cruises i might jump on them, but agree too early, except for using up fcc, would wait for last minute rates.

You seem rational and give good advise. I've read your other posts.

Oasis, June 2021 - 

Deluxe $77

Refreshment  $34

Soda $13.50

Can't wait to see what Coco Cay prices will be. We had an overwater Cabana for a decent price, that will be my biggest regret if it is outrageous for June. It was the main thing I was looking forward to.

Very interesting, my DBP on Allure in December 2020 is $56pppd but on Empress in April 2021 it is $72.  The Allure on is listed as Bogo 50% off and the Empress one does not list any percentage off.  I'm wondering if Royal is switching to a more concrete pricing model where there is a fixed price and the sale price/%off amount is actually meaningful? That is what we hear complained about so much here on CC.  Maybe they are paying attention.  There's no way I'd pay $72 on Empress for DBP but if that $72 becomes $54 I'm back in again.

35 minutes ago, Michelle loves cruising said:

But if you find a cruise to the Caribbean on oasis class for  $100pppd please let me know!  

Look at any Oasis sailing inside final payment. Harmony/Symphony are higher, but with D and up balc discount those could be in the ballpark too. Most of the O class were on the GGG flier in the Feb time frame close to that $100pppd ball park (and that was before COVID became a real thing in the US). You have to be flexible (maybe even settle for neighborhood balcony), but again, given the current climate, I wouldn't pay more than that. Just to be clear all of the prices are base fare only, I'm not including taxes/grats - those are usually in the $30pppd range.

Edited by Biker19

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm paying just over $100pppd for inside cabins, going solo, so I guess that's why more dollars.

Many of the initial sailings out of NY on Oasis have 100% supplement solo rates. You can have a CP balcony for less than $70pppd solo (w/ D and up balc discount)!

Edited by Biker19

For our October Freedom sailing the DDP was anywhere from $51-$56 until several weeks ago when it surprisingly went down to $48. Needless to say we jumped on it. I would be shocked if it goes any lower than that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Many of the initial sailings out of NY on Oasis have 100% supplement solo rates. You can have a CP balcony for less than $70pppd solo (w/ D and up balc discount)!

Lol but I'd have to fly to New York. Ha! 

Just now, Biker19 said:

The flight is probably cheap too.

And the hotel.

I can drive to Galveston the day of the cruise. Adding a flight and hotel in nyc ruins that awesome rate.

..... doing the best I can booking out of Galveston 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

And the hotel.

I can drive to Galveston the day of the cruise. Adding a flight and hotel in nyc ruins that awesome rate.

..... doing the best I can booking out of Galveston 

Oooh man. You want to drive 4.5 hours AND THEN go through the embarkation process?

BTW, hello from a former fellow Richardson resident

1 hour ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

Oooh man. You want to drive 4.5 hours AND THEN go through the embarkation process?

BTW, hello from a former fellow Richardson resident

Well I usually get a hotel, but I'm betting Galveston hotels are cheaper than NYC.

Ooh man, I guess is a expression, not calling me a man. Oh man. 

I've looked at new years eve and new years, and afraid to commit. My next cruise is jan 2nd and jewel. 

I havent decided about driving down. One step at a time, cruising has to resume then I'll probably get a hotel, though I probably shouldnt pick on nyc hotel prices. So so moderate hotels $340 a night for new years. 

Hello ex fellow texan. I've been to Aurora Colorado, nice country.

Edited by firefly333

For my February 21, 2021 Harmony cruise, the posted price for Deluxe Beverage Package is $89 per day, plus 18% gratuity.  Over 11 cruises, I have NEVER seen prices this high!  

With so many people reticent about ever cruising again, it makes no sense to alienate confirmed passengers from purchasing extra packages.  I don't know why Royal did this.  Praying the market will demand they reduce the price to previous levels.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

For my February 21, 2021 Harmony cruise, the posted price for Deluxe Beverage Package is $89 per day, plus 18% gratuity.  Over 11 cruises, I have NEVER seen prices this high!  

With so many people reticent about ever cruising again, it makes no sense to alienate confirmed passengers from purchasing extra packages.  I don't know why Royal did this.  Praying the market will demand they reduce the price to previous levels.  

I know.  It's pretty crazy.  I guess one thing...for those that had their cruise cancelled by Royal, aren't they getting 125% back on cruise planner items (to be applied on cruise planner items)?  SO maybe they are adding 25% to the drink packages to compensate?

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

for those that had their cruise cancelled by Royal, aren't they getting 125% back on cruise planner items (to be applied on cruise planner items)?

I think that option runs out tomorrow.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

I wonder if they are going to raise the price of  individual cocktails and soft drinks.

9 hours ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

Why are you so pessimistic?

More like realistic.  We could be stuck in lock down till Memorial Day. The chances of cruising in July are very slim and with each subsequent month will increase.  I need to make an evaluation on May 31 whether I will put the balance down on my August Oasis cruise or not.  The optimistic side of me says to put the balance down and if cancelled I'll have the 125 % FCC, but the pessimistic side of me says to take the money back since I will already have 1 FCC for my soon to be cancelled Bermuda cruise for June.

While I understand everyone’s anger at the prices, allow me to suggest another item that may be happening:  a Royal IT screw up. 

Their pricing systems are dynamic and with no one cruising right now, it may just be a case where they are ignoring those systems so that can process cancellations , refunds, and credits while furloughing unneeded IT staff or contractors. 

since that is happening, the pricing systems are pegged to their highest possible value. 

Just an alternate theory. 

• Like 1