Princess - baby food?

phabric

I have asked this question on the Family Section.

My daughter is expecting a baby Oct 2020.  We are all cruising Dec 2021.  The baby will be 13 months, might still be on baby food plus adult food.

On the Personalizer under Check In, at the bottom Medical/Dietary Requests, it shows baby food.

Do they send you information what is offered for baby food - type - amount ?

Is it delivered to your cabin?

Any information would be helpful.

not about what goes in, butt about what comes out also needs to be addressed, as in proper disposal of diapers

some previous posts how some people left soiled diapers on the balcony and just put them outside their cabin door

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

not about what goes in, butt about what comes out also needs to be addressed, as in proper disposal of diapers

some previous posts how some people left soiled diapers on the balcony and just put them outside their cabin door

We plan on bring plastic bags for dirty diapers and will ask cabin attendant what he wants us to do with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You will get an e-mail from the Dietary Coordinator with the baby food request form. Here is the most important paragraph:

We have received correspondence requesting baby food and are pleased to advise we will be able to accommodate your needs.

We offer Stage 1 and Stage 2 baby food.  Stage 1 is available in the 2.5 oz. size and Stage 2 in the 4.0 oz. size. We also provide baby juices in 4 oz. size bottles and rice cereal in 8 oz. size boxes. Kindly note that for all ships sailing in and around North America and Europe, the brand supplier is Gerber.  For all ships sailing in and around Australia and New Zealand, the preferred and supplied brand is Heinz. All foods come in an assortment and the selections are made onboard.

The second page is a check list where you can select more specific flavours like dessert, fruit, vegetable, juice, baby cereal etc. The food is delivered on a tray, just like room service, so it looks quite formal 🙂

Baby Food.JPG

Edited by bobloblaw007
Added picture
  • Like 3

The cruise I took was only a 1 day cruise, so I can't help you with that question, but the form states you select your food for the entire sailing. I would think it will be delivered all at once since baby food is all pre-packaged, it can be stored easily in your cabin for the duration of your trip.

I've cruised with babies many times.  When my middle was 6 months old, I brought baby food with me and converted other adult food into baby food (mashed up well done carrots, mashed potatoes, among other things).  But I have to say, one of the smartest things I ever did was after eating a chicken leg, gave it to her to gum down while we all at our dinner.  Also, a whole hard roll is great.

When my youngest was a year, we took her on one and just made "toddler food" out of whatever was on the plates.  Lots of tiny cut up fruit, tiny pieces of soft meat, tiny veggies, and stuff like that.  Traveling with baby food is a pain in the butt, so if you don't have to, I recommend not doing it.  At 13 months, the child should be old enough to eat most solid foods (I was still nursing mine at that time and was able to incorporate that into her intake also). 

I hope this makes sense, and if you have any other questions or need tips on traveling with small kids, feel free to dm me.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the information.  I have not recently looked at the baby food section at the store, here in Canada a lot of baby food are in pouches.  I am sure the baby will mostly be on adult food, it will be good to have some baby food on hand in the cabin that we don’t have to carry on the plane.

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

Ask the steward for bio hazard disposal bags. Put used disposable diaper in that and tie a knot in the neck of it.

These red bags will be handled correctly and disposed of correctly by the team handling it.

2 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Ask the steward for bio hazard disposal bags. Put used disposable diaper in that and tie a knot in the neck of it.

These red bags will be handled correctly and disposed of correctly by the team handling it.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The steward will provide red plastic bags. Just ask.

• Like 1

I was a bit surprised to find out that we would have to pay a full third person fare for our grandson who will be six months old when we set sail on the 2021 family cruise we were supposed to be on over this Spring Break.  I figure that, at that price, the baby food should be covered by the cruise line as well as the disposable bags.  I would have thought that there would have been some concession due to the age.  Guess we will just have to eat his lobster at dinner.  Lol!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PapaBearToo said:

I was a bit surprised to find out that we would have to pay a full third person fare for our grandson who will be six months old when we set sail on the 2021 family cruise we were supposed to be on over this Spring Break.  I figure that, at that price, the baby food should be covered by the cruise line as well as the disposable bags.  I would have thought that there would have been some concession due to the age.  Guess we will just have to eat his lobster at dinner.  Lol!

Although Princess sometimes has special fares for third and fourth passengers in a cabin, there are no reduced prices based on a passenger's age.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PapaBearToo said:

You can always ask for another plate of lobster for yourself.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, PapaBearToo said:

I have the Princess Plus that covers, Premium Beverage + tips, WIFI, tips for everyone in the cabin for our 2021 cruise.  I was able to have Princess Plus switched to Princess Savers for the 13 month yr old saving $416.

If, you have Plus with the perks, ask to have them removed for the 6 month yr old.

On 4/8/2020 at 3:04 PM, brisalta said:

Or, given Princess's environmental track record, those dirty diapers might just get tossed overboard.

3 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

You can also order this off the kids menu. See Photo 😁 I know he or she will love it.

It’s called a Volcano 😋

Tony

Now you are just trying to start trouble...  the 13 month old gets a bite then you eat the rest!  4 or 5 years down the line - you tease the kid about how they couldn't finish dessert.  😛

I can't finish a Volcano!

3 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

You can also order this off the kids menu. See Photo 😁 I know he or she will love it.

It’s called a Volcano 😋

Tony

259FB64F-FD20-4590-AB7A-8BD85D870FC4.jpeg

I wonder what kids will be able to handle this kind of desert lol. I mean even and Adult man might have difficulties eating it. In any case it looks fantastic and very very tasty. Strawberries and Banana are like the best match in any desert. Especially with the whip cream and caramel syrup. mm Yammy 

On 4/8/2020 at 6:32 PM, PapaBearToo said:

Watch for 3rd passenger specials. At times Princess has these promo. In normal pricing the 3rd person's fare is reduced. Note that each person, including the infant is charged the daily gratuity which varies from $14.50/pp/per day to $16.50/pp/per day depending on the cabin category.