What are we doing about HAIRCUTS?!!!!!!

pcur

12 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Atta girl!  Just remember to try to keep your meals varied and FUN!  I do the carrot & hummus snack, too.  But, my favorite is apples & fresh ground peanut butter (not jarred).  But, the peanut grinder is out at Whole Foods for now, so I just do the apple with a jar of unsalted crunchy butter.  

Question if it's not too personal:  Are you doing Medicare for your meds and such?  I have used my Part D twice now for meds.  BUT, Thursday, my provider put in a refill for my lancets and test strips.  Turns out my little pharmacy can't do them for me anymore (I did them when I got my insurance through my job) because they are considered "durable equipment" or some such nonsense and are covered by Part B, not D.  So, I have to get my provider to resend the refill over to Walmart.  Ugh I HATE Walmart and right now, with all the People of Walmart walking around in family packs with no masks, I really don't want to go there.  

Can you do you meds thru Express Scripts where they mail Maintenance drugs to you?  We’ve found it to be a wonderful alternative. But our Walmart pharmacy will also do curbside delivery so you don’t have to go in. Walgreens & CVS drive thrus also. 

14 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Atta girl!  Just remember to try to keep your meals varied and FUN!  I do the carrot & hummus snack, too.  But, my favorite is apples & fresh ground peanut butter (not jarred).  But, the peanut grinder is out at Whole Foods for now, so I just do the apple with a jar of unsalted crunchy butter.  

Question if it's not too personal:  Are you doing Medicare for your meds and such?  I have used my Part D twice now for meds.  BUT, Thursday, my provider put in a refill for my lancets and test strips.  Turns out my little pharmacy can't do them for me anymore (I did them when I got my insurance through my job) because they are considered "durable equipment" or some such nonsense and are covered by Part B, not D.  So, I have to get my provider to resend the refill over to Walmart.  Ugh I HATE Walmart and right now, with all the People of Walmart walking around in family packs with no masks, I really don't want to go there.  

Hi, I am not old enough for Medicare (I am 62).  I am under COBRA----sure you know what that is......the plan that

was offered by my x employer...…..it is Blue Cross.  I pay for it.   It lasts for 18 months and no, I have not researched

what I am going to do at that point yet.

My Mom has been gone for a long time......1993...…………...

But wishing all you Mom's, Grandma's, etc...…….a wonderful day.

See the source image

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Lois R said:

My Mom has been gone for a long time......1993...…………...

But wishing all you Mom's, Grandma's, etc...…….a wonderful day.

See the source image

Happy Mother’s Day 

FE2B24BA-06E5-47BC-A176-17F667512878.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Can you do you meds thru Express Scripts where they mail Maintenance drugs to you?  We’ve found it to be a wonderful alternative. But our Walmart pharmacy will also do curbside delivery so you don’t have to go in. Walgreens & CVS drive thrus also. 

I am just a little more than miffed that, after decades of using my little pharmacy for everything, I have to do multiple places now that I have Medicare.  It's easier to manage with my "one stop shop".  I have ethical issues with Walmart and how they came to my town.  It's a last ditch place for me.  I'll do whatever.  The other think that miffed me with Medicare is that they may require me to keep a daily log of when I test so they can verify that I need the strips and lancets.  *****???  No one in their right mind would want to do this if they didn't.  Sorry for the rant. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I am not old enough for Medicare (I am 62).  I am under COBRA----sure you know what that is......the plan that

was offered by my x employer...…..it is Blue Cross.  I pay for it.   It lasts for 18 months and no, I have not researched

what I am going to do at that point yet.

COBRA - Ouch!  I had to do that twice when I was in between jobs.   I would start looking now for "Obamacare" options.  Just see if there is something less expensive than COBRA.   

It's a strange trip to be on, navigating the retirement/Medicare path.  It gets me upset at times with the bureaucracy and inability to get a straight answer to some questions.  But, I have to be thankful that I do have this option as many do not.   

(have to have a chat with my provider's accounting office tomorrow - I got a bill for $171 for a telemedicine session.  According to their site, it should be $59 and, with my Part G supplement, it should be $25.  Sigh)

On 5/9/2020 at 8:04 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Wish I could get mine done, but I'm not willing to risk it. I live in a county with the second highest rate of COVID-19 infections in my state. I'll have to be content for now with some very judicious self-trimming and color touch-up.  :classic_sad:

My stylist has an auto-immune disease and is 5 months out from a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.  So, she isn't going to risk herself for a few dollars.  I trust her with her new setup.  I've been in "quarantine" since the beginning of March.  She and I did talk first to be sure we were both comfortable.  She did have a couple of her clients say they wanted to wait a little longer.  It's up to everyone on their comfort level, just like anything else.  If I was going to a random stylist in a big salon, no way.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

slidergirl, I so agree about the family groups at Walmart-thought it was just at the locations where I live! Is it possible for you to do mail order with Walmart? 

If I want to do mail order, I can do it through my Silver Script plan.  I'm not a planner, so I like to be able to go "oh crap, I'm down to my last strip" and run to the pharmacy and pick some up!  I just have to learn to adapt to my new prescription "normal".  

I have to say, I am so happy to have a little group of women here like we have.  No moderator to shut us down because we get so far off topic.  We do what women do - start on one thing, then we all get into other stuff.  I have to say, even though I don't "know" any of you, I do love and appreciate you all.  You have helped me through some dark times.  I just found out one of my bobsled kids died from suicide 2 days ago.  I wish he had had more people to lean on.  Sorry for the weirdness...   

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

COBRA - Ouch!  I had to do that twice when I was in between jobs.   I would start looking now for "Obamacare" options.  Just see if there is something less expensive than COBRA.   

It's a strange trip to be on, navigating the retirement/Medicare path.  It gets me upset at times with the bureaucracy and inability to get a straight answer to some questions.  But, I have to be thankful that I do have this option as many do not.   

(have to have a chat with my provider's accounting office tomorrow - I got a bill for $171 for a telemedicine session.  According to their site, it should be $59 and, with my Part G supplement, it should be $25.  Sigh)

I have the $$ saved away and was able to pay 6 months at once.  I will do the same thing for the next  6. And at the

start of 2021 will see how it goes.  I never researched because I knew at the time of retiring I was

going to pick up Cobra.   I have plenty of time now to look at stuff though...……..

• Like 2

Happy Mother's Day ladies!   Salons here won't be open for a while,  I do have a tentative appointment in the first week of June, but I doubt that it will actually happen...  maybe July?   Who knows ;)  I'm just washing it 3x a week & not blowdrying so it's just doing loose waves on day 1 & then ponytail on day 2...  & a hat lol... luckily I don't color it so it's not a huge change....  I think what I miss most are pedicures.... my gosh I miss cute painted toes :classic_happy:

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I have to say, I am so happy to have a little group of women here like we have.  No moderator to shut us down because we get so far off topic.  We do what women do - start on one thing, then we all get into other stuff.  I have to say, even though I don't "know" any of you, I do love and appreciate you all.  You have helped me through some dark times.  I just found out one of my bobsled kids died from suicide 2 days ago.  I wish he had had more people to lean on.  Sorry for the weirdness...   

Hey, we just have to keep on keeping on. It definitely helps me that I have work that must get done. But for me another important ingredient is hope that we'll eventually see the other side of this thing. (And patience that we will get there.)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slidergirl said:

If I want to do mail order, I can do it through my Silver Script plan.  I'm not a planner, so I like to be able to go "oh crap, I'm down to my last strip" and run to the pharmacy and pick some up!  I just have to learn to adapt to my new prescription "normal".  

What a nice thing to say! It’s evident that even virtual friendship has a lot of value!😊

• Like 2

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

oh no, the poor kid. So sorry for your loss.

FE2B24BA-06E5-47BC-A176-17F667512878.thumb.jpeg.8a79f17729be00c49fbb08b78981d752.jpegI feel the same way about this little group

the nice thing with mail order, they send it to you before you run out...they keep track so you don’t run out 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

My condolences to you as well.

I agree it is nice to have this group here...…...I am hoping my lab results come back today but I have another follow

up with the Dr on Wednesday...……..so I am really hoping they come back between now and then!

• Like 2

Dr's office called and my results came back. They are going to see me this afternoon!   Oh, I take my blood sugar

every morning before breakfast and it has been in the 90's or low 100's...…….(that is after sleeping overnight).

I know that is in the good range.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Dr's office called and my results came back. They are going to see me this afternoon!   Oh, I take my blood sugar

every morning before breakfast and it has been in the 90's or low 100's...…….(that is after sleeping overnight).

I know that is in the good range.

that's in the pretty darn good range!

2 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

@slidergirl, my sympathies on your loss 💔 

thanks all.  He's hardly a "kid" anymore, but I still refer to all of the originals I worked with from 1998-2006 as "kids".   It pains me when I know some of them are having hard times trying to adjust to life from an elite Olympic athlete to having a "regular" life.  

• Like 3

On 5/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, slidergirl said:

I'm so sorry about the bobsled kid,  that's horrible....  & so sad.    & yes this little group is great,  I'm finding it tough because my usual "real world' group of friends.. well, a lot of them are doing exactly what you're not supposed to be doing,  in home wine tasting, shopping together, parties at houses... & I'm the jerk who says no to everything lol.... hard to see their instagram pics of everyone at a pool party or at the now reopened country club drinking wine together....  oh well, we have this right?   

On topic:  I'm wearing a blue & white batik print beach coverup today...  washed hair last night, & it's long, wild & wavy... going for the hermione grainger look, but without the frizz lol..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I'm so sorry about the bobsled kid,  that's horrible....  & so sad.    & yes this little group is great,  I'm finding it tough because my usual "real world' group of friends.. well, a lot of them are doing exactly what you're not supposed to be doing,  in home wine tasting, shopping together, parties at houses... & I'm the jerk who says no to everything lol.... hard to see their instagram pics of everyone at a pool party or at the now reopened country club drinking wine together....  oh well, we have this right?   

On topic:  I'm wearing a blue & white batik print beach coverup today...  washed hair last night, & it's long, wild & wavy... going for the hermione grainger look, but without the frizz lol..

Sounds like your friends are being the jerks...…….not you by any means.  Do they not believe we have now had

over 80,000 people die?:classic_sad:

• Like 3

Hi girls,  The Dr gave me 2 different pills.....one for the swelling in my feet and hoping it works. That is a short

term thing.

He did give me another pill I can start taking instead of having to do the shot thing.....lets hope it works.

Brand name would be called Actos or Oseni.  The medical term is long...…...Pioglitazone,

He also said my Thyroid is Underactive...………..tomorrow I am going for an Ultrasound.  

If it not one thing...……..:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

OMG, yes you have it right and they are really being selfish because with this virus those who choose to not protect themselves are also choosing to risk the health of others who come in contact with them. What about their children, parents, and other older friends and relatives etc?  I too have friends who aren’t as careful as they should be. Lots of excuses and attempts to justify their actions. Not quite as bad as your friends however. 

I can imagine how difficult it is to see those Instagram pictures but you do have it right and they don’t! I just keep telling myself this will be over someday.......

Sharon

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls,  The Dr gave me 2 different pills.....one for the swelling in my feet and hoping it works. That is a short

term thing.

He did give me another pill I can start taking instead of having to do the shot thing.....lets hope it works.

Brand name would be called Actos or Oseni.  The medical term is long...…...Pioglitazone,

He also said my Thyroid is Underactive...………..tomorrow I am going for an Ultrasound.  

If it not one thing...……..:classic_rolleyes:

Lois, hoping your new meds work well for you. Pills will certainly be easier than injections.  Also hoping that your thyroid ultrasound turns out ok. Keep us posted.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, thanks....it just seems everytime I go back to the Dr they find something else:classic_blink:...….I forgot, he wants

me to have a colonoscopy as well.:classic_rolleyes:..….I should have done it when I was in the hospital.

• Haha 1