What are we doing about HAIRCUTS?!!!!!!

pcur

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hang in there Lois, it seems like you're having an overwhelming number of things thrown at you...  things will get better for all of us & I think you'll come out the other side healthier than ever....& low thyroid can definitely lead to listlessness so I bet once they get you on a proper dosage, you're going to feel amazing.

BTW, they have extended our stay home order to sometime in August....  that's right, August.  (L.A.  County only)  they are saying there will be some modifications along the way, but well, apparently there went our summer.  

Take care everyone!  & good job on those haircuts... one day I'll get the nerve to post what my hair's current situation is.

Thanks so much:classic_smile: the results of the Ultra sound came back today. New meds for the Thyroid.

• Like 4

Well, I am getting a hair cut on Saturday afternoon. I will wear a mask and we'll see who else is...…..

I have to be honest, I am excited about it and with everything I have been going through it will be nice to

get it cut!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

On 5/17/2020 at 8:23 PM, Lois R said:

Got that hair cut yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Can those of you who have gone out into the world to get a haircut tell me what the process was.

Did they take your temperature.?

Did you keep your mask on the entire time?

I saw on Inside Edition that they put your purse in a plastic bag.  Did they do that for you?

Did you feel safe?

7 minutes ago, mafig said:

Can those of you who have gone out into the world to get a haircut tell me what the process was.

I saw on Inside Edition that they put your purse in a plastic bag.  Did they do that for you?

Did you feel safe?

I go to a one person shop. She used to have several people waiting inside for their appointment, no longer. Wait in your car till she texts to come in, leaving purse & phone in car. She disinfects between each client, Both of us in masks (she also had gloves), when it came to cutting the back I took the loops off my mask & held the mask in place with a paper towel...worked pretty well. I felt very comfortable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mafig said:

Did you feel safe?

Good morning, I felt very safe.  All the employees wore masks.  They left it up to the customer's decision if they wanted wear one.

No, they did not take my temp. No, they did not put my purse in a plastic bag.  They had removed all

their reading material from the racks....(magazines, etc).  I think there were 4 employees working.   They had several

empty stations.  My gal I had nobody in the station next to her and the next station was empty as well.  There was

quite a bit room between all the employees. 

• Like 1

I had a haircut and color yesterday . We both wore masks the whole time . One customer at a time . Apparently blow drying may spread the virus so she gave me an option to blow dry or not . I was so happy to have my hair fixed . I had gone three months without a cut or color and it looked awful . The last week I lived in baseball caps when I went out .

• Like 1

Hi Sally, bet it really felt good to get your hair cut and colored. I never thought about a hair dryer spreading the virus bit that makes sense. Waiting for salons to open up where I live but it looks like it won’t be until June. However, the plan changes daily so who knows.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we are moving into Phase 2 of opening.  Hair salons can open June 12.  My hairdresser just called and is booking her regular clients.  My appointment is for June 25 (she works part time).  I go in with freshly washed hair still wet, and wear a mask.  She will trim my hair.  No blow drying.  It will be nice to get my bangs trimmed.   I used to keep my hair short, I got it cut every 5 weeks.  I now have hair covering my ears!  I think I'll only get a trim, and try out this new "longer" style.  If I don't like it, I can always get it cut shorter later.

• Like 1

My hair guy just tracked me down, and I made an appointment for the 23rd. I definitely need a trim, although I may keep most of the additional length, and I also will get a few highlights to cover my, ahem, grays. I was going to bite the bullet and just let the color grow out, but the main cluster of the grays is right at the front of my head. Of course.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:15 AM, hrhdhd said:

My hair guy just tracked me down, and I made an appointment for the 23rd. I definitely need a trim, although I may keep most of the additional length, and I also will get a few highlights to cover my, ahem, grays. I was going to bite the bullet and just let the color grow out, but the main cluster of the grays is right at the front of my head. Of course.

My hair stylist tracked me down, too and I made an appointment for today.  I was so excited to get my color and cut!  However, when I walked in, no one, staff or customers , was wearing a mask.  And very little social distancing!  So no haircut for me, I cancelled my appointment and left.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

I had my first appointment yesterday and everyone was wearing masks (myself included).  When DH went his was removed to trim his beard 😉 but otherwise masks stayed on.  I think they even had a limited number of masks in case the client forgot theirs.

15 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

I had my first appointment yesterday and everyone was wearing masks (myself included).  When DH went his was removed to trim his beard 😉 but otherwise masks stayed on.  I think they even had a limited number of masks in case the client forgot theirs.

According to the guidelines for reopening Florida, personal service employees are required to wear a mask when working close to customers. Customers are only encouraged to wear one.  We are very stupid down here.

Sherri🙂

I've got an appointment for a cut in a couple of hours. I must wear a mask and I'll text when I arrive. I'll be texted back when I'm allowed to come in. I must fill out a CoViD-19 questionnaire when I go in. Any "wrong" answers, and I won't be allowed to continue. 

The mask requirement was in place, even before our governor made them mandatory yesterday. 

If I get there and am not happy with the way things are being done, I'll walk out like Sherri did.

6 hours ago, sjb317 said:

According to the guidelines for reopening Florida, personal service employees are required to wear a mask when working close to customers. Customers are only encouraged to wear one.  We are very stupid down here.

Sherri🙂

Starting tomorrow in Orange County, masks will be mandatory while in public.

7 hours ago, sjb317 said:

My hair stylist tracked me down, too and I made an appointment for today.  I was so excited to get my color and cut!  However, when I walked in, no one, staff or customers , was wearing a mask.  And very little social distancing!  So no haircut for me, I cancelled my appointment and left.

Sherri🙂

I see you live in Brevard County.  There are lots of "masks infringe on my rights" folks around the area.  They just got hit up around Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral with a few restaurants having to re-shut down because employees tested positive.  Be save out there!!!

I've had my hair taken care of twice already.  My stylist and her colleagues have a great system worked out.  Only 2 stylists at a time if they use the chairs in the main salon, if 3 stylists one of them uses the massage room they turned into a station.  They all wear masks, we all wear masks.  Everything is wiped down - they use something on the chairs that has to sit and "marinate" for 10 minutes before you can sit.  My stylist takes a Clorox wipe to grab my credit card, puts it in her system, and wipes it before she gives it back. No magazines (county code), so I just sit there, close my eyes and meditate while I process.  This time though, we got to chatting about politics - we had to look and see who was there as the salon gets some rabid Red folks.  The other client in there was OK and she joined in the fun.  I'm totally OK with the salon and how they are working.  They received a 100% from the County on their procedures on their "ready to open" check.  

I go back again on the 16 of July - getting the "summer" color done and one rebel streak of red on the "undercoat" - just in case I have to go looking for a job (most hospitality jobs won't allow colors that aren't "natural").  

• Like 2

I would like to discuss topics without the political angle. It could be that some posters have different opinions and view your (general "your") views as "rabid." Can we stick to haircuts and the facts about mask requirements?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Starting tomorrow in Orange County, masks will be mandatory while in public.

Yes, that is true for Orange County/Orlando, but not here is Brevard County.  The governor said yesterday he is not going to mandate masks and  he will leave it up to local officials.  He dos not want to infringe on individual freedom🙄.

Sherri🙂

13 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I see you live in Brevard County.  There are lots of "masks infringe on my rights" folks around the area.  They just got hit up around Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral with a few restaurants having to re-shut down because employees tested positive.  Be save out there!!!

Unfortunately, Brevard County does not have a monopoly on that attitude here in Florida, it seems to be pretty rampant across the state. 

I sent an email to the Florida a Department of Health asking what the guidelines were for hair salons regarding using masks. Answer is masks are required for all employees but only recommended for customers. I have sent a copy to my stylist with the suggestion she share it with her manager.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Unfortunately, Brevard County does not have a monopoly on that attitude here in Florida, it seems to be pretty rampant across the state. 

I sent an email to the Florida a Department of Health asking what the guidelines were for hair salons regarding using masks. Answer is masks are required for all employees but only recommended for customers. I have sent a copy to my stylist with the suggestion she share it with her manager.

Sherri🙂

Good on you!!!

I saw that a couple more restaurants in Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral had to temporarily closed again.   One of my little favorites, the Tiny Turtle in CB, decided on their own to go back to just take out and patio dining.   Nice that someone is being proactive instead of reactive!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I would like to discuss topics without the political angle. It could be that some posters have different opinions and view your (general "your") views as "rabid." Can we stick to haircuts and the facts about mask requirements?

Funny, but I haven't seen anything political.   Unfortunately, everything is tied together.  We've been having this kind of discussions here for weeks, months.   

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Funny, but I haven't seen anything political.   Unfortunately, everything is tied together.  We've been having this kind of discussions here for weeks, months.   

Totally agree with you🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

You think characterizing people with whom you disagree as "rabid Red folks" isn't political? 😳

And others have used "idiots" and other terms.

People disagree about masks and reopening and other virus issues. The name-calling is what I object to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1