Now for something completely different

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've just discovered that the older demographic "partiers" can be almost as bad! A large group has taken over our favourite small bar on Coral Princess. Around 10-12 people who spread out right across the bar. The men shout at each other from one end of their group to the other, and the women are constantly shrieking with laughter. I think we're going to have to find somewhere else for our pre and post dinner drinks. My ears hurt!

Are there Bogans on Coral?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Retirement is good. I retired at 55. Retiresville is the best job I ever had, lol.

1366784369_Tshirt.jpg.3dcf4ae05c59598d4bc30dc80b4f4f0f.jpg

Nah I retired the first time from Dept of Defence, in my mid 30s, finished my studies, spent most of the next 25 years practicing from a wheelchair, retired a second time in my early 60s, if they ever fix these mini strokes I’ll be back in harness in a heart beat, I really miss it

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Nah I retired the first time from Dept of Defence, in my mid 30s, finished my studies, spent most of the next 25 years practicing from a wheelchair, retired a second time in my early 60s, if they ever fix these mini strokes I’ll be back in harness in a heart beat, I really miss it

Ironside.

7 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Ironside.

He was one of your mob but Raymond Burr also played Perry Mason, one Court officer always calls me Ironside, another Bluto because of my resemblance to Popeye’s mate, but most just call me Sir.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Congratulations to Lynne, even if I don’t understand people wanting to retire.

Even for people like me who didn't want to retire, it is amazing how quickly you wonder how you ever found time to work.  I figure if you were a busy person when you worked, you remain a busy person retired.  I miss Public Holidays!

Congratulations on your retirement, Lynne.  

Well we went from summer to winter in less than 2 weeks. We have had our first snow of the season. There is no accumulation around here but there is 10cm expected at higher elevations. I'm happy we got the winter tires installed on Saturday. We keep winter tires and wheels all mounted and ready to go. We leave the Venza parked if it snows and use the Subaru.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well we went from summer to winter in less than 2 weeks. We have had our first snow of the season. There is no accumulation around here but there is 10cm expected at higher elevations. I'm happy we got the winter tires installed on Saturday. We keep winter tires and wheels all mounted and ready to go. We leave the Venza parked if it snows and use the Subaru.

Wow.  Rapid season change.  I love the snow, but it can be troublesome and messy unless you’re skiing.  What’s the average length of winter for you?

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Melbourne went from winter to summer in a week - last Tuesday was a cold, wet, windy day with a top temperature of 13 degrees C and today it has been 27, sunny  and now cloudy with thunderstorms in some parts of Greater Melbourne.

2 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Wow.  Rapid season change.  I love the snow, but it can be troublesome and messy unless you’re skiing.  What’s the average length of winter for you?

Victoria, is an anomaly in Canada. We don't get snow often and each time we do it doesn't stay on the ground long. There have been notable exceptions though. The "Blizzard of 96" was more than a meter of snow fell in a few days around Christmas. There was over 100 Million Dollars in Damage. That amount of snow is small change in much of Canada but here it was devastating. This feels early for snow but it doesn't feel like it will stick around.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, possum52 said:

Melbourne went from winter to summer in a week - last Tuesday was a cold, wet, windy day with a top temperature of 13 degrees C and today it has been 27, sunny  and now cloudy with thunderstorms in some parts of Greater Melbourne.

Same story here, Leigh.  After a cold, wet winter, celebrated our late Spring over lunch at my friend’s house in beautiful Batehaven by the sea today.  Les is nearby, but couldn’t quite spot him.

3212E206-8639-4C00-8331-58827852AA65.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Victoria, is an anomaly in Canada. We don't get snow often and each time we do it doesn't stay on the ground long. There have been notable exceptions though. The "Blizzard of 96" was more than a meter of snow fell in a few days around Christmas. There was over 100 Million Dollars in Damage. That amount of snow is small change in much of Canada but here it was devastating. This feels early for snow but it doesn't feel like it will stick around.

The mystery of our planet:  we’re communicating through the beauty of seasonal change

15 hours ago, possum52 said:

We are having unusual weather for SEQld., with cold mornings, but normal beautiful warm sunny days.  I just had to put a woollen singlet on at 6am in November!!

• Like 2